• March 18, 2019, 07:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Vending Machines & Cards  (Read 97259 times)

Offline karen

Re: Vending Machines & Cards
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »
I'd appreciate some help identifying the companies that service our various prisons. This might be a prison-by-prison decision or it might be by District.

Would you each check for the name of the company and the name on your vending cards when you visit next and post them in here?

For an example, Stateville used to contract its vending through Canteen Corp. Not sure if they are still using them.

Also, for those that may not have seen the topic started by Foreverinluv about becoming ill from vending food at Danville and the pending lawsuit.....have any of you become ill on any food?

I don't know the company that services Danville it"s a rip off. The guards don't purchase from the machines anymore. The prices are just out of this world, and I am from Chicago and I know things are somewhat high. But for a pop in Danville it's $1.75 and a single serving of a white castle hamburger is $4.00. Then one day I seen it for $2.25, and that same day the vending machine guy was there to refill the machine and he had the nerves to put the white castle back in the $4.00 slot. Who regulate these vending companies. I will find out who is the vending company and let you know. But what a joke for Us to rip off.  In a system the suppose to be for reform. And yes the card reader will clean your card take away your monies, and will not let you purchase even after machine has taken the monies. I have had this done to me. Pontiac
has reasonable prices I heard. How can one system that suppose to be under the same system have different prices let me know something.

Pizza - $4.00
Hot Dog - $2.25
Hot Pockets - $4.00
Sandwiches - $2.25 - $4.00
Pops/Water -$1.75
Potato Chips - .85
Cupcakes - $1.05

Offline Still love my son

• ONE DAY AT A TIME.........
  • David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
I went to T'ville yesterday and a lot of the prices went up

$4.00 dollars for a sandwich
The 3 of us usually eat a whole meal snacks and desert and milk for $20  -$25
We barely got our EASTER (LOL)  meal in for 23$
We ran out of $$$$
It sucked
I HATE THEM

Offline Baby girl since 66

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »
Menard has Quality Vending Company. ee

Offline Surfborg

• I do my own stunts
    • Surfy's Facebook
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
There are no names listed on the debit card or anywhere in Danville in regards to who has the vending contract.  There is also no consistancy with what is in the machines.  One week you can get Big Azz burgers, other times there's Hot Pockets, other times its filled with just pork or chicken products.  At least Logan and Big Muddy had the same stuff each time.  I've not gotten sick after eating anything there.

Surfy
"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg

Offline Dravenscrow

• If things never changed, there'd be no butterflies
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2007, 08:49:06 PM »
I have a Dixon vending question. Can anyone who has purchased the Big Azz Chicken sandwich tell me WHICH machine it's in!?  Andre was wanting to try it last time I was there but I didn't see it anywhere.  I just want to be sure I'm not missing it.  Is it in the actual chicken vending machine?

Offline TinkerBella

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »
Western uses Elliots canteen service. I have a card with $15 on it, and my husband is scheduled to leave for Dixonthis wed. so if everything goes according to plan. Pm me and I'll send someone the card. Anyone know about Dixons service?
Kim
Imagine the impossible? Demand the Impressionable! The Resolution is in-destructable ! WE ARE INEVITABLE!!!

Offline jlosch1982

• Life's short live it while you can
  • I can do anything
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »
I have seen it happen where link cards, something similar to a debit card, were not working at the store and they put a plastic bag over the strip and it worked. Maybe somone could see about checking that out with the facilities. #$%
Lets just be friends

Offline pats

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
The biggest rip off in the "Quality vending machines" at Menard is the cup of Hunt's pudding, jello or applesauce.  They cost $1.30 each and I get them four for one dollar at all dollar stores.  Even Jewel and Dominick's has the pudding for $1.00.  Talk about profit.  The machine took off twice for the same piece of pizza I purchased.  They are $3.95, so the piece cost me $7.90.  There are forms at Menard you can take and fill out to send in for a refund.  Let's see if I actually get a refund.  We are all stuck with these machines though.  Nothing we can do.  It would not be a good visit if we could not buy our loved ones good food to eat.  It is such a treat for them to eat something besides soy!!!!  It is worth every penny to see them enjoying the sandwich, pizza, etc.

Offline Favored23

• Thank you Lord!
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
Dravenscrow
I have a Dixon vending question. Can anyone who has purchased the Big Azz Chicken sandwich tell me WHICH machine it's in!?  Andre was wanting to try it last time I was there but I didn't see it anywhere.  I just want to be sure I'm not missing it.  Is it in the actual chicken vending machine?

The Big Azz Chicken is in the machine on the far wall next to the 2 microwaves.  I bought it for me and took all the bread off and ate the chicken.  It was pretty GOOD.
Psalm 146:7 (NIV)

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
       and gives food to the hungry.
       The LORD sets prisoners free!!

Offline whitecastleman

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »
The website for the IL Secretary of State lists the following company:

Quality Vending and Distribution, Inc.
100 Industrial Drive
Chester, IL  62223
President: Dale A. Rucker
Incorparated on 12/17/92

phone is (618) 826-2751
Industrial Drive is off Route 3 about a mile west of Chester

whitecastleman

Offline Wilma

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2007, 08:30:19 PM »
I just visited Shawnee for the first time this weekend. They let you bring in 20 dollars in cash for the machines. But you have to bring it broken down, no 20  or 10.

Offline HazelEyedMom

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »
Hi all, 

My step-son was just transfered today to Robinson and I still have 2 cards for the vending machine's with about
$30.00 on them.  Do I use them at Robinson?  Or am I out of luck.  Thanks, gloria

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2007, 09:50:24 PM »
Unless Robinson uses the same debit cards as the old prison they are useless.  I think the cards are provided by the vending services...Stateville used Canteen, Robinson used Debitek...I'm not sure if they are still using the same providers...other prisons have different ones.  You might be able to trade with someone on the forum...
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2007, 01:46:46 PM »
HEADS UP!!
It seems best to have at least 2 quarters in case you have to spend  1 or 2 for lockers and at least one $5 bill.  Then additional  $5 or $10 bills is safest denomination for putting money on the debit card.   I think this will work at any of the prisons.     

Offline Favored23

• Thank you Lord!
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »
Okay this is funny!  :-d   on my way to my visit on monday, i remembered that i still did not get my refund for a $21.01 burrito that the machine charged me for back in june 2006.  :-(  so i call the person in charge at the prison that i have been speaking with and i told him i still don't have my money, so he said i will have an answer for you by the time you leave your visit today.  I said okay.  And he calls me on the phone in the visiting room and the guard calls me up and tells me i have a phone call, so it was the gentleman that handles this at dixon and he tells me that he called pgi services and they said they would take care of it.  This was the 3rd time he told me this.

So i get home today open my mailbox and i have a letter from pgi services with a copy of the ticket i filled out back on june 25, 2006 a brand new $20.00 bill paper clipped to the form and a penny taped to the form also.  I freaked out.  It took 3 days from monday to get here and almost 1 year and 6 months from the original day i lost the $$$$$.    The strange thing is it was cash, not a check.  What did the president take it out of his wallet and sent it, so i can shut up??  -+_

ANYWAYS.............................THERE'S HOPE LADIES!!!  ..)  

(YEA, YEA!!  I'M BEING FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     BUT I GOT MY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$    brv )

Offline jewels

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
Good on you Favored! On my last visit, the vending machine stole some $19 from my cardand am still waiting a refund for it, ofcourse!

Offline Schrader42

• "Happiness is being married to your best friend."
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2007, 06:58:02 AM »
I filled out a form several months ago after a loss of just under $10 and never received a refund.  When I called Dixon to inquire about it, I was told they never received my form so I'm going to assume that the CO's never turned it in.  I'm going to submitt it again and see what happens.

Offline Favored23

• Thank you Lord!
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2007, 07:06:31 AM »
SCHRADER CALL THE GUY THAT'S IN CHARGE OVER THERE AT THE PRISON, HE IS VERY NICE, HE WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT. 

Offline Schrader42

• "Happiness is being married to your best friend."
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2007, 07:45:19 AM »
Yes, he is nice and I've already spoken to him twice with no positive results.  I already evened the score on my last visit when I was able to purchase a few items and get a few FREE items. 

Offline jewels

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
My form went with about 20 others that same day, direct to the vending machine people who were there, but said they did not have the authority to refund like that?