• March 18, 2019, 07:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Vending Machines & Cards  (Read 97262 times)

Offline Iaminawe

Re: Vending Machines & Cards
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »
When I visit for 2 days, I put as close to $40 as I can get on the first day.  Then, I see how much is left and that determines how much, if any, I add on the second day.  It also depends on if your LO is a big eater and how hungry you think you'll both be! 

Thanks TimestandsStill and Crowe29!

Offline Ira

« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »
I had problems a few times, took the money off the cards and never gave me the food/etc., so I went to the CO filled out the form and was refunded each time.  They sent a check in the mail.

Maybe  you have to ask for the form, they don't always offer it.

This problem happened to us like 4 times, each time we filled out a form. Never got any refund (or anything for that matter)....

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »
I had problems a few times, took the money off the cards and never gave me the food/etc., so I went to the CO filled out the form and was refunded each time.  They sent a check in the mail.

This problem happened to us like 4 times, each time we filled out a form. Never got any refund (or anything for that matter)....

Did you ever follow up on the forms you filled out?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
Ok, I have to ask this because I was reading through posts.  Can we have more than one card in the visiting room?  I've never tried, but, now I'm curious.  There's always two of us who go.  Could we each take in a card?  Just in case there's ever an issue. I have two cards, because we had an error on one during a visit, and got paranoid haha. But, they both work, and have money on them.

Offline jaf

« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
Ok, I have to ask this because I was reading through posts.  Can we have more than one card in the visiting room?  I've never tried, but, now I'm curious.  There's always two of us who go.  Could we each take in a card?  Just in case there's ever an issue. I have two cards, because we had an error on one during a visit, and got paranoid haha. But, they both work, and have money on them.

Yes, I always take two in, whether my husband is with me or I'm alone.  I started doing that after I read on here that someone's card didn't work, and they weren't able to treat their loved one on a visit.  My son really looks forward to that cheeseburger!

Offline blueroses64

« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »
It doesn't matter how many cards you have.....as many as you want to put money on I guess! 

Offline reallove16

« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
If anyone is visiting Sheridan Correctional for the first time let me know i have extra vending cards. :) I hate how they rip us off by purchasing the card for $4!
 PM me and ill be happy to mail it to you.

Offline cam0208

« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
If anyone is visiting Sheridan Correctional for the first time let me know i have extra vending cards. :) I hate how they rip us off by purchasing the card for $4!
 PM me and ill be happy to mail it to you.
I'm with you real love i have two cards if someone needs them and i have i think some money on one but if anyone wants them pm and i will mail them or if you live in chicago i will meet you  and give them to you.....

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »

If your loved one is in Menard, no one was getting refunds through Quality Vending. They were flat out robbing people. Now that there's a new vendor, hopefully they will take the steps necessary to get refunds back to people.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline robertkwife2007

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
what type of real food do they have in pinckneyville vending machines?

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
I have a card from Shawnee. It has about $4-7 on it. Sorry i don't remember how much. but i purchased it and put money and now F is out and I'm in TX, so no need for it. Please PM and Ill be happy to send it to you.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
I went to my last visit to sheridan yesterday. M's getting out in about a week :)  I have two vending machine cars that were given to me when he first went in. So its only right to give them to the next person who needs them. You can pm me if anyone wants them :))

Offline pmilver

« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »
Anyone with a LO at East Moline, I have a vending card with about $17 on it that I can no longer use (which is a good thing as my LO went to work release!).  If you pm me with your address, I will be happy to mail the card to you.

Offline pmilver

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »
Just offering again, 2 vending cards now, for East Moline.  One has about $17 on it and the other I have no idea.  If you PM me your address, I will happily mail the cards to you

Offline meems

Pittsfield Work Camp Vending Card Free
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
Hey all, I have the vending card for Pittsfield work camp with some money on it. Anyone who wants this card, or has a better thread to post this topic on please do. I will mail it to someone who needs. Thanks!

Offline BobNBecka

Re: Pittsfield Work Camp Vending Card Free
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »
My hubby is in Jacksonville until Oct 2015, and i go see him 7 days a month.  The card I have is about to fall apart, we could use it!

I'm sure it works there because the card works at Jacksonville, Pittsfield work camp, and Green County work camp.

PM YOUR INFORMATION!!!!

Offline Kamama

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »
Does any one have experience with new vending machines at Stateville? Have prices extremely(double/trip pled) gotten up? There seem to be a lot of people boycotting it!? I hope to learn more of it before I get to visit soon.
Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.

Offline meems

« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2014, 11:47:06 PM »
The vending card I previously mailed out was returned to me, address unknown. Who needs it for Pittsfield work camp? Please pass the word. Some money is on card. Pm me please. :wc71:

Offline sweetsallie

Vending Cards
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »
Hey,My son got transferred out of Western and I have a couple vending cards still with money on them. Im not sure how much. But does anyone want them?????????If so I can mail them to you.
Sally

Offline Memalogan89

• Always and Forever
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »
My fiancé has transferred to East Moline. I have a vending machine card from Big Muddy River. If anyone wants to have it, I'm giving it away for free. Message me back if you are interested. Thanks :)