• March 18, 2019, 07:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Vending Machines & Cards  (Read 97254 times)

Offline JJL

Re: Vending Machines & Cards
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »
I don't know if the same vending company handles all of the Illinois prisons...but one visit I was supposed to have had $20 left on a card from a previous visit. However, I didn't check the card in the visitors center before going on my visit and was sadly disappointed when I attempted to buy food and drink for me, him and my daughter and my card said I had $1.00 on it. But I contacted the vending company, explained what happened, they had me send them the card and then they returned another card with the $20 back on it.
That's been a year ago, so I can't remember off the top of my head who the company is.....

Offline Surfborg

• I do my own stunts
    • Surfy's Facebook
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
I was smart this time.   I used up all the value I possible could on the card at my last vist.  I think there might still be a few cents left on it.  Should I keep it as a momento of my dad's time inside?  Nahhh.... It's already history.  Deep sixed.  File Thirteened.

Surfy
"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
Just visited Logan last week, they do NOT refund on the debit cards, the sign is up there LOL Also, I recommend taking good crisp bills, as the machine will spit them out if they are older bills...... :wc4:
Also, you are allowed to bring in ONE key, not your whole keyring. You are allowed to keep your engagement/wedding rings on, but no other rings. Earrings are ok, not sure about necklaces, as I didnt have one on!  You must have a photo ID and one other form of Identification on your first visit, only your photo ID is required for after that. YOU must wear a bra and panties, yes they check LOL  I got felt up pretty good during my search ROFLMAO Havent had that happen in a long time by anyone GEEZZZZZZZ... All in all. Logan was a good experience for me, everyone was friendly, joking and extremely helpful to me.
"WICOH'ON OTEHIKE"........Cherokee language, means The Difficult Path

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
jdsmom they do that at menard as well but don't let that nice attitude fool you cause when them guards get mad they get mad i'm glad u enjoyed yourself n when did they tell u they don't refund money?  when i went 2 menard a while ago they didn't give me my money back but the guards did give me a # 2 call n report it so when i find it i'll send it 2 u
When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
This was at Logan CC down in Lincoln, not Menard...... I don't need a refund, I try to spend all of it when I'm there LOL Then I add more on next visit !

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:03 PM »
lol same thing i do  :wc35: :wc35: :wc35:  :wc25: oh i thought u was sayin u were tryin 2 get a refund
When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)

Offline nls74

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »
can you use the same card for the vending machines at all illinois prisons or do you have to get a new one when your  LO is transferred?

Offline jlnjy

• The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »
You have to get a new one at each facility.

Offline babybabybaby

• Charity for all, malice towards none.
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »
I wonder if you can cash out the old one with the company?? Greedy bastages.
The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay.
Love isn't love until you give it away.

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
I actually thought you could use the same ones for the same vending services.  If your card is with a certain company and that company is in several prisons it should work at all like-kind machines.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
They should make them interchangeable for all the prisons, as if we have money to throw around at $5.00 just to get the card, it's not cheap! I have one if anyone needs one, it's not got anything on it, but it would save you the $5.00  that is if the prisons allow that ?????? I know they record the number of those cards when you go in to visit, so that may not be allowed, to give your card to another, maybe someone knows ???????

Offline nls74

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »
the cards i bought at MUDDY were only a dollar and i have givin them away before. it just sucks cause the 2 i have one has 3.00 on it and the other has 26.00 on it. we didn't expect him to be transfered before september cause we were told he had to be there for 6 months before he could be transfered, but he also didn't put in for it they lowered his security level and are sending him to minnimum i am not complaining by no means!!!!!!!!! thanks for the info

nls

Offline jlnjy

• The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »
I still have a Menard Vending Card and that has got to be a few years old -- I have no idea if it would still work or have money on it. I have some "debitek" cards and found out that you can not use them at different prisons.

I agree they should be interchangable are refundable but I guess IDOC doesn't contract with companies that provide customer service -- only take your money programs.

I have paid $1 for the vending card at Graham, Menard, Hill, and Big Muddy. But when I visited Illinois River, it was $5 for the card because it has a special chip in it. They could have kept that chip to themselves, because I don't need it.

So, IPT family, it is great that we all have each other here because we can help each other when our loved ones transfer, someone else may need the card at that facility that your loved one just left. I have been fortunate to be a receipient of a vending card from another member and I've passed along other vending cards I've had as well. It's like the paying it forward concept in a way. We all win instead of IDOC.....woo hoo!! (They still get our money but it doesn't go to waste)

Offline Kamama

« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
There´s a note at Stateville that per 07/01/08 there will be another vendor and for that it gets said to empty the vendingcards, there will be no refund after all!
Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »
Again?????? Didnt they just change Vendors not too long ago ??????

Offline wifey

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2008, 12:11:37 PM »
Yep, STATEVILLE says to spend all your money on the cards.  I can't believe that they are doing that but just another hassle for us, I guess.  There are several people on my h's visiting list that have their own cards.  Now I will just have to tell them that they will need to buy new ones and could lose their money!  I hope that the new company keeps the machines filled with a better variety and keeps them better stocked than Canteen did.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
Ah, must've found a company that'll pay bigger kickbacks....LOL
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline shawnssweetcheeks

• We will be together again
  • The love of my life
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »
in the words of my son Oh snap. Guess I'm going to have a card with 15 dollars on it forever.
Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »
I agree Dazz! :( State of Illinois and IDOT .....Crooked as a hogback road!!!!!

Offline hilde1951

• This is my Little buddie...
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »
When I went to visit my son at the Hill Correctional Center, I had money with me but I didn't have a dollar bill....everything but.  So I was going to have to leave to get change and the Female guard tossed processing me tossed me a card she said had been left .... :wc7: I didn't have to leave and the card worked fine. :wc38: