• February 23, 2019, 09:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Peoria ATC  (Read 64142 times)

Offline convict

Re: Peoria ATC
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
The second set of ppl left here today on E.D. and there were only 4. Supposably none next week and so far I hear 12 the week after that. Still no me yet!! :wc96:

Offline KSwife

• I Miss My Husband
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
Convict~ I'm sorry to hear you are still there; I know you were hoping to be home for the Holiday. I hope we hear from you soon telling us you are home!  :wc30:
Grumpy people are annoying!!!

Offline merino2

• The love of my life.
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »
I have a question what is the difference between work release and the thompson work camp my shuband is in. And another is what are the chances of him getting into the peoria one once he applys hes grom chicago but we are both ex drugg addicts and i just got out of rehab and my mother is going to be in the process of in a wekk or two trying to move me to peoria becuase my husband said thats where he is going to apply. And we want to accually stay there once he is done to be in a new area and have a fresh start. But I don't want to move out there and then find out that he has to come back to chicago. I dont want him well he dosent want to go to any of the chicago places because they are all in places that we would use... And how long does it take usualy from work camp to the atc? Sorry but im trying to get all this info in before i go and move my self some where to find he cant go thanks dorie. Ps sorry if there is any spelling wrong but I cant use that little box or i get kicked off :)

Offline convict

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
Work camp is just that, a "camp". Work release you actually are in the world and work a real job with real pay, not $10-30 a month. You earn movement to do stuff like go out to eat, shop ect. and passes to go home for visits. I would say since he is at a work camp his odds are good for getting work release, but IDOC does what IDOC wants. It might help after he applies to contact your state rep in your area and you can "try" the transfer coordinator Sandra Funk. I would wait to move tho til he is approved for wherever he is going. Good luck!

Offline convict

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
There is now a note on the counselors doors here saying not to call or e-mail Springfield about your E.D.  That this could cause you problems ect. And that the rumor that even if you only have 60 days left that you still have to be on E.D. for 90 days is not true.

Offline newby725

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »
Convict,
Have you heard yet when you will get released? I found your information on the counselors door interesting. I hope you get home before the holiday's. Keep your fingers crossed. :swave:

Offline convict

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »
I will not be getting E.D. now do to the e-mail sent to springfield. I've had family get in touch with people pretty high up politicaly and nothing can be done it seems like. I had family talking lawsuit, I told them leave it alone. I still have quite a bit of time left and it's already not gonna be easy without even more heat on me. Got My ex-wife making me come back and forth for court waisting my money and passes also. Getting soooo Tired of this crap. They def. broke me on this bit.

Offline mamielane

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 06:17:54 PM »
Wow,so sorry to hear that convict. Was hoping for you! Keep your chin up,who knows what tomorrow will bring! You know nothing in IDOC is consistent!! It could all change at the drop of a hat!  :christmascard:

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
So sorry to hear this.  IDOC loves to retaliate against anyone that rocks their boat...they don't like having their numerous flaws pointed out to them.  There are a lot of very angry, small minded people working in the department who unfortunately don't do their jobs properly and then they retaliate against anyone who complains about it...it's really sad.  I was hoping that you'd make it home by Christmas.  I think this whole early release program has been a big failure too. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline KSwife

• I Miss My Husband
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 01:52:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about this convict. I hope things turn around and that decision changes.

Offline convict

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »
The news this morning said that the E.D. is stopped. The governor stopped it , if I understood correctly, because some that got it had served just a few weeks before getting it. Anyone going through IDOC is suppose to serve a min. of 61 days before recieving good time. So who knows, hopefully they will relook at the whole thing and start it up again and those of us that should have got it will. If not, well about 850 ppl got a break. I heard through the grapevine tho that almost half statewide have already been sent back for screwing up.

Offline convict

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
Just letting everyone know. They brought back 6 guys here and took others to the joint that were on E.D. due to them having aggravated charges. Most of them had 3 or more DUI's.They showed up the day before Christmas and brought them here or to the closest joint. My understanding was 17 total that left here.

Offline KSwife

• I Miss My Husband
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »
One of our members LO was sent back, I believe his charges were DUI. Don't remember exactly who, but maybe she will post in this read.

Offline hbmom

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »
it was Xraciex8, the story is in hot topics, "Quinn puts early release on hold"

Offline mberlin

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 12:43:09 AM »
Well, it has been a LONG level 2 and a red ticket for trying to smuggle smokes in!! As my fiancee is in construction, with the onset of weather and holidays, jobs stopped. He has applied from McDonalds to retail to continuing to bug the guys he worked temporarily for. He felt really bad for the guys brought back from ED, said it was heartwrenching to see those guys chained up. I personally think it was inhumane to take back something like this. My fiancee continues to "butt heads" with this Ms Cook and her control on the rehiring/training program to the point I am ready to start writing Springfield myself. Even though he is looking 4days a week filling out job applications, can't do 5 days a week because Ms. Cook took Fridays away from them, there is a chance because he is not currently employed that he won't get transferred to level 3. He goes to church and being babtized on the 24th to reaffirm his faith and goes to recovery meetings weekly. Ms Cook turned the Red Cross away when I went thru a volunteer website and signed him up. When they called the center, she said he could not go! So volunteering is strictly based on the centers needs and not the community needs!!
The accounting people gave him crap for requesting his own money from account for another bus pass and they tried to deny that saying they had just given him one! He said there and back equals 2 punches times 5 or 10 job applications places equals a bus pass. He did 6 places in 3 days...and its HIS MONEY!!!! ATCs aint what they use to be or what they were DESIGNED for, transitioning the guy back into society hopefully with a better attitude and better equipped to handle himself.
Just remembering and keep telling myself, "this to shall pass".
M~

Offline waiting_2013

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »
hello everyone, I am new to this, can you please describe to me what ATC consist of, my fiance is supposed to be transferring to a center but I have not idea what ATC is all about, what qualification, if any do you have to meet to be accepted?

Offline mberlin

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
 :wc31: Haven't been on here for a month. Yesterday I got to take my fiancee for the first time since June 09 out by ourselves! I took him to Walmart and Steak &Shake for dinner! Two hours of "grab ass", hugs and kisses. It sure felt good! He has made it to level 3 and actually we have our first "home visit" of 48 hour pass scheduled for March 5&6!! I am soooo excited! He is working and hopes to reach level 4 and more frequent home visits by Easter!! My birthday is Easter Sunday this year so that would be a great present.
I have so much respect for all of you that have held on for years with loved ones going thru this! Its been 10 months for me with atleast another year to go before parole. Atleast with my situation he can get a real paying job and come home depending on level and work schedules!
Best Wishes and keep the faith to all!!
M~
M~

Offline JIMJAM

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
Hello I'm new with all of this. My boyfriend is being transferred from Pittsfield work camp to Peoria work release and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of who the levels work and what is in store for us???

Offline mberlin

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 01:39:36 AM »
Welcome JIMJAM!! You have come to the right place to get info. Peoria ATC is diffinately 1 of the better places for your LO to do. He will be assigned a counselor (there are only  2), a bunk, and a floor. He will be able to go to 1 Tech which is the volunteer workforce center where they are able to look for jobs, work on their resumes etc. He can even call you if you are in the 309 area code from there. He needs to find work asap if he can. This will help get him movement outside of the center. There are RU (Recovery Unanon.)meetings and church that he can go to fairly soon should he want to participate. I think the first 30 days or so he is level 1, then moves to level 2 and so on. Visiting hours are M, T, F, Sat and Sun. from like 9-8 and no time limits have been put on our past visits. There are change machines to change 1s&5s for the vending machines when you visit. There are 2hour max parking meters on the street to park around the center or you can walk a block or 2 and chance it by parking in the Methodist church parking for free. My LO got there in October, has done MANY jobs as is in construction and harder during winter and we FINALLY had our first home visit this last wknd. The center only called one time during that visit!! He got home around 8:30pm Friday and I had him back to the center by 6:30pm Sunday. I work 3rd shifts ull time but if you want more detailed info, send me a email message and will give my phone number to call me. Best of luck to you and yours. :wc69:
M~

Offline JIMJAM

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
Thanks you so much that helps out alot and answers alot of my questons. How long are they usually on work release for. His out date is not until 8/11 he has only been in IDOC cust since 12/09. Also if he gets transferred next week like they are saying he will be. Can I bring him clothes or does he have to buy all new stuff. I tried calling up there but they really didn't answer to many questions for me. But again thanks for your help!!