Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED.   
VIENNA ON LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2014, 06:15:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peoria ATC  (Read 28917 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 10:10:28 AM »

Post info here

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »

Facility Data

Peoria Adult Transition Center

Opened: 1972
Operational Capacity: 248
Transitional Security Male
*Current Population: 232
Average Age: 32
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $19,572.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting.

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Holidays are same as above
Facility Address

Business Mail:
607-613 North Main
Peoria, IL 61602

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
607-613 North Main
Peoria, IL 61602

Phone: (309) 671-3162
Fax: (309) 672-1401

Facility Information

The primary mission of the Peoria Adult Transition Center is to provide supervision, sanctions, reintegration programs and service to the resident offenders. Peoria ATC is committed to maximizing the ability of offenders to be self-sufficient law, abiding citizens when they leave.

Peoria ATC is housed in one building in downtown Peoria. At approximately 48,000 square feet, it contains 248 beds in dorm-type rooms with 6 to 12 residents per room. The facility is located on the bus route amid restaurants, the Civic Center and several hotels, which employ the Peoria ATC residents.

Inmate Programs

Academic

GED (General Education Development)
    College education available in community

Vocational

Culinary Arts

Other

Alcoholics Anonymous
    Marriage Counseling
    Parenting
    Life Skills
    Anger Management
    Counseling
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:36:32 PM »

I can also provide info on PATC.  My boyfriend was here before being moved back.  Also I have worked with alot of the guys on a regular basis.  They do some of their community service and my place of enployment (that how I met my boyfriend).  So, hopefullt I can provide some help.

Here is some general info:

It is located downtown Peoria, not far off of I-74 near the library, courthouse and such

There are 4 differnt status levels in the PATC center and depending on the level is how much "movement" they get.

There is a list of approved places in Peoria that they can go and things they can do

These guys normally have e-mail account because they can go across the street to the public library

They have to do so much community service each month

As they move up levels they can also go home (home site to be paroled to)

There pay in turned into the center and then they must apply to withdraw money
      If they are sent back the money does not move with them and NO ONE else can pick it up (DG has $4,000 just sitting there until he gets out)
      I believe PATC, "the Center", keeps a portion of the money for "rent"

I dont know how strict they are on mailing rules as I have never set anything, nor did I go visit because he would take his IRT (inmate rec. time) and we would just go to one of the approved places.

~hope this is helpful
         Level 4 (the highest) can go home up to 4 times a month for MAX of 48 hours (includes travel home and back)

The gurads and shift commanders (like wardens) are pretty good to the guys as long as they follow the rules and show SOME respect

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Chell771

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:13:18 PM »

My b/f was just transferred to Green County Work Camp.  He seems to think he will go to Peoria ATC when it's his time.  I was just wondering if he has to come home, since home is so far away.  Are one of the approved places hotels at all?  I know he doesn't get that time right away, maybe just a couple hours at a time, but when he gets the 48 hours can he go to a local hotel in Peoria?  Thanks for any advice.  Thanks!

Chell

Locasarai80

I miss my baby

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »

Here is my 411 on Peoria atc...

It's not too far from the I74 interstate and is really easy to find.

They are allowed 5 visits a month..three weekday and 2 weekend.

The visits are as long as you want to stay...there from 9 30 am untill 8 pm.

They have vending machines in the visiting room that use cash...yes you are allowed to take money in with you.

Sometimes they search and most of the time they don't.

They are on level one for about a month and after that I know that level 2 is allowed to go to church and a two hour walmart visit a week.

Most of the staff is nice...but there are a few bad apples.

If you have any other questions..feel free to PM me.

wc2

Locasarai80

I miss my baby

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »

It's been a while since I posted....just thought I'd give my overall on PATC now that we are almost done.  He will be released on 2-27-09...less than 80 days.

If anyone has ANY questions, please feel free to ask...I have went rounds with some of the staff...so if you need any advice I am at your service to help.

Have a great Holiday! present

smayfield

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:10 PM »

hey, anyone out there know if at Peoria the can get any good time for participating in drug program? just curious, my husband is going there and I don't know anything about it. can't wait til he is able to get a pass i can tell you that.
robertslady

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 12:59:55 PM »

robert spent 6 months at the center on his last bid.  he came home every weekend.  thru the week sometimes i would pick him up and we'd go out to eat, etc.  this place was a godsend after him being in dixon!!
jgraff49

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »

My son will soon be applying for work release.  While we'd like him closer to home (Chicago), we are concerned that the ATC's are all on the west side, therefore closer to his old connections.  Do you think he'd have an easier time staying clear of the dealers if he asked to be sent to Peoria?  Did your husband find work?  Any chance given the current economy that the job found during work release could be kept afterward?
Thanks for your reply.           [email removed by admin please PM]
robertslady

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:28 PM »

robert went thru a temp service and was placed very quickly.  he opted for peoria to stay away from temptation in chicago.  he had an offer to stay at the job there but decided to come home instead. 
jgraff49

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  Would you possibly remember the name of the temp agency?  Was it part of the ATC program or was it a private company that your husband went to independently?  What type of job did he get through the agency?
JG
robertslady

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

I think it was called sonoma?  and it was independent from the center.  he was placed in a couple different factory jobs before he found one he liked.  he was hired on to the company pretty quickly after that.
mberlin

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »

wc10 wc7 wc35

My LO called today and has a notice from his counselor that he has been "approved and awaiting bed space" at Peoria, ATC. He seems to think they transport guys out on Wednesdays but could be mistaken and could be next weds, the weds after that...Does anyone hear know approx. how crowded Peoria is at the moment? I know its a 200 bed facility and all, just trying to see if I will know before his red tape process. Also, how strict are they with home visits? How long will we have to wait (estimated) before he may get to come home for a wknd. at least? How does he get his personal items as have been told there is no commisary at ATCs. I just learned the rules at Vienna, now feeling like I gotta learn the ropes like LO all over again. ANY info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!M~

Just remembering and keep telling myself, "this to shall pass".
M~
mberlin

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »

wc3

LO headed to Peoria week of 23rd..on or about! Had his picture taken for transfer! Yee "freakin" haw! So excited! I know new set of rules and things to learn but 2 hours away instead of 6! Can't wait!!!

M~
convict

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »

I am at PATC and we do NOT have a drug program here where anyone can get good time. Also the level 2 Wal-Mart passes are 2 a month and then you also have to have a pass approved to go to church. Level 2 is the longest part of the whole thing. I live 4 hours away from here and they give me 7 hours on top of my 48hr passes whan I go home.They do have GED classes that ppl can get good time for.The temp sevice that Robertslady was thinking about is sedona and they send guys out to RMH foods in Morton. The woman in charge of our jobs is a royal "B" and picks and chooses who works. When I do get my release I am calling Springfield about her. Til then I still have to live here. Overall it is a blessing and 100% better than the alternative. 5 guys have gone back since last fri for various things and alot of them were on the list for E.D. If ya have any other questions I am able to get on 3 x's a week. I will try to be helpful. Still NOBODY has left from here on E.D.
convict

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »

Also on the average it takes about a week to get here once you make it to Jacksonville. That might be changing with all this early release stuff tho. Right now we have been getting about 8 guys a week after about 2 months of getting just a couple or none. Transfers are ALWAYS on WED. It doesn't matter where you are or where your going, unless it is a disiplenary, then you may get a transfer that night. Hope this helps!
mberlin

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 11:44:05 PM »

wc63
Thanks for the input and information. My LO is there too. I have been twice to see him. He is learning the rules. I do think its CRAP that we still have to pay consolidated instead of letting the guys use phone cards of their choosing. I thought I was done giving consolidated money! He has been to Walmart and has heard about the B**** that has a "selection" process of her own for who gets what jobs. I also heard you are all under a new director and those with EXTRA stuff or things that aren't allowed are going to be searched after the 1st of November and the extra stuff be taken from you. That came from one of the guys in the "bubble".
We live 2hours away, each way. We have been told that we have to see the chaplain before a home visit since we arn't married. Engaged though and have been together for almost 3 yrs. We are praying for possible holiday visit, by Thanksgiving even if its a 6hr. pass.
He went to the Tech1(?) job placement center today for the 1st time. How are you on the net? Library? Will be nice when he gets that priviledge. How long have you been there? He also said there were guys that went back due to not following the rules. Why would anyone do that...beyond me.
I truely appreciate your input and information and I hope you are on your way to a blessed future.
Best Wishes,
M

M~
convict

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 02:04:46 PM »

After he get's in level to he can submit a request slip to his councelor for a "law" library pass. Then all he has to do is get a FREE library card and log in. After 90 days he can take 24 IRT hours to the library ect. After 120 days he get's 48. We've had probly 10guys go back this month and at least half of them were on that E.D. list. Stupid!! Anyway, take care
mberlin

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 11:11:29 PM »

wc1
Hey there convict,
I was wondering if you are working? How did you start your job? I have submitted his application online to about 30 places cause he is computer illiterate and he is doing job searches etc from there. Any help would be appreciated. He says most that he has met there are out for themselves, we aren't that kind of people so its frustrating for us.
Any advice would help...
Thanks
M

M~
convict

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 08:55:02 AM »

All I can say is keep doing what your doing. Maybe Ms. Cook will work with him. She likes to play God with jobs. I found 2 jobs last month and she told both of them I wouldn't be her much longer and sent other ppl. I haven't worked in 2 months cause of this E.D. stuff and They need to let me go home or let me get a job. I talked to Grahm about it and him and ms. cook are bosom buddies so of course I got nowhere with that. I got the job I had my second day her and ms. cook tried sending someone else to that too, but because one of my brothers hooked me up with the job they turned the other guys down and requested me again. I stayed there 9 months til I tried to switch to a different job and of course got screwed by ms. cook again. So good luck to him and all I can say is keep trying! Also I posted on the early release some "possibly" helpful info.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: