• September 23, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: North Lawndale ATC  (Read 35885 times)

Offline delacerdaa

Re: North Lawndale ATC
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »
He guys my brother is in Taylorville right and his waiting for a responds from Springfield for his work release application. Taylorville send his application just this week after some trouble he had with a stupid drug program counselor there.....but at the end, it looks like my brother will be getting work release.  It`s just a matter of Springfield to process his paperwork. Anyway, my question is.....is it true that northlawndale gives credit for timeoff if the inmate is taking college classes and working at the same time?    If so, do class x non-violent offenders qualify too?   

Offline Stanleyslove0821

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 04:08:24 AM »
Just thought id share my boyfriends been here for about a month already & it's great.!! I love it !! He's got all his own things now,I drop him off money & snacks,Visting is nice,staff is amazing!! ,..he's in school there,he loves it.he said food is good just small portions but he's a big guy 😅😊 lol but they got vending machines he can get from whenever if he has money....it's awesome place. 100% better then being in stateville ,vienna,or jacksonville that's for dam sure.& after may 20th he's able to get 3 hour passes to leave to look for a job. 😃 we love it,couldn't be anymore pleased/blessed 💙

Offline onesadmomma

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »
Updated list of items to be brought when someone enters Lawndale ATC (as of the writing of this 5/2104).

My son arrived Friday and called with the list. There is also an important update regarding cell phones.

The list I was given is:

Birth certificate
SS Card
State ID (not a DL) if they have an ID it's $10 to change the address. If not $20 for a new ID
Twin size sheet set and blanket (they MUST be the same color)
1 pillow
2 Towels and 2 washcloths (towels and washcloths must be all the same color but don't have to match sheets)
10 pairs of pants (1 pair minimum must be "dress" pants)
10 shirts (1 minimum must be a "dress" shirt)
10 pairs of socks (dress socks for the pants should be included)
10 pairs underwear
5 pairs of shorts
2 sweatshirts (or "hoodies")
at least 1 but no more than 5 ties
Dress shoes
Gym shoes
Robe
Belt
Watch (valued at under $50)
Laundry bag
12 plastic hangers
Alarm clock (and batteries)
2 boxes powdered laundry soap
$60 in small bills
4 rolls of quarters (they use pay phones not phone cards so change is needed for laundry AND phone as I understand it)
Stamps
Envelopes
A CD player with headphones and up to 12 CD's are permitted
If they bring a prison TV they may use it but will need to have a portable antenna brought to them

Personal care:
Gel or mousse must be alcohol free
2 toothpaste
2 toothbrushes
Shampoo
Conditioner
Soap (he has some already so quantity permitted wasn't given to me)
Deodorant

He has a trimmer so I am not sure about what can or can't be brought in terms of razors)

He was sent on Friday and his items had to be dropped off on Saturday, Sunday or Tuesday between 11:00 am and 2:30 pm OR 4:30 to 6:30 pm

CELL PHONE UPDATE:
After 30 days when residents are eligible to go out and look for a job/work they are permitted to have their cell phone brought to them. It is locked up at all times except when the residents leave for interviews/work. Any other use is considered contraband (obviously). I am sure there are more rules regarding the cell phones that I am not privy to.

I hope this helps! He's outgrown all of his clothes while in prison so I am scurrying around to compile everything on the list!

Offline onesadmomma

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
Oh and a duffle bag :)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:37 PM »
Thank You  for this update onesadmomma and passing it forward for others !!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cjm090

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »
This is great information.  Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting work release v

Offline LovinDB

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 06:13:24 PM »
Anyone know anything about dropping off stuff for them ? How they call when they arrive ? When can I drop stuff off ? I’m so confused