• February 23, 2019, 09:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: North Lawndale ATC  (Read 37163 times)

Offline jgraff49

Re: North Lawndale ATC
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
Well, it seems that our son is no longer a resident of North Lawndale ATC.  He brought in a cell phone and was immediately sent back (current whereabouts unknown).  We don't know how we are going to get back all of his belongings and money, how we can get his glasses and contacts to him.  It's just a mess.  I feel so sad over this as he was doing so well.  He had a job and was actually working upwards of 40-50 hours A WEEK!!  He just loved it. Stupid move on his part.  Anyone have any idea of what happens next?
JG

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 05:24:26 PM »
There's a pretty good chance he'll spend the rest of his time in a regular facility. His money and property should follow him to his new place, assuming they are things that are allowed there. He'll probably have to apply for new glasses.

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
I still don't know what all he took with him.  What really gets me is that he worked long, long, long, hours and saved all of this money and now, if they send it on to IDOC the state is going to take it all.  I'm so frustrated by this.

Anyone have any idea how we can protect this $$ or do we have to possibly fight this in court?

Offline kemos girl

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »
I know you can go there and pick up his belongings and all his money will go onto his books so this way he can go to commissary and buy things he needs like my fiance when he got sent back he bought a t.v and a fan and a hot pot and just the things he needs and he also sent money home to me and he also sent money orders to consolidated to keep money on the phone but I would suggest you call there and find out about picking up his clothes and things he couldn't take with him

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
Thank  you, I will be going down next Tuesday to p/u his belongings.  When I speak with my son, I'm going to encourage him to send hom his $ so that we can keep track of it.
JG

Offline kemos girl

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »
Your welcome and that's a good idea for him to send money home to save for when he comes home..Good luck wit everything

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
I read an earlier response that indicated that if you brought in drugs/alcohol to the ATC's you'd  be automatically returned with possible additional charges.  Would this apply for a cell phone violation?  Also, do you know if work release is completely out of the question if you are sent back for something like cell phone violations?  I'm most worried about the additional charges issue. 
JG

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
I don't think they'd file any charges. I don't think he broke a law, just the rules of the program.

Offline SISSY2

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
From what I've been reading work release is a one time thing especially with the waiting list if you break the rules you will be sent back. My LO is in work release right now and he's been saying there are alot of guys that are being sent back for cell phones. Its crazy to think they would risk going back over having a cell phone!!

Offline kemos girl

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:43 PM »
My fiance was sent back because of that and he got a month added onto his sentence for mouthing off but no additional charges and no I don't think he can go to work release again

Offline colddecember

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
Hello Everyone.....

My LO is schedule for North Lawndale he's at the Farm right now.
I have a few questions if anyone can help me ...

Is there a comissary on North Lawndale?
How do they make a phone call?

I heard we can bring them some stuff like clothes , soap, shampoo what about food?

Can we send them money, I heard they are not allowed to drive , where would they
get the money to take a train or bus?

thanks in advance

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
If you go back and read the first few posts of this board, you should find the info you seek. Good luck!

Offline sandraruiz

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Post info here

Hi Im new to this. I wanted to know how long is the whole work release process at North Lawndale? how many months in total are they in the program before they can get to go home permanantly?

Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:07 AM »
Post info here

Hi Im new to this. I wanted to know how long is the whole work release process at North Lawndale? how many months in total are they in the program before they can get to go home permanantly?

Thanks

Until their sentence is up.  They have to be two years short on their sentence to even apply for Work Release and it all depends on their conviction if they will get it.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »
When my son was at NL, they took them to a dollar store to buy toiletries or certain kinds of food products.  I was able to bring him clothes and put money on his account which he used to purchase things.  You can buy them phone cards $10/per but there were problems with them running out of the cards.  Most of the time, my son called home collect.  I also purchased bus cards for him once he got a job - I was uncomfortable with him walking around with a lot of cash in his wallet.  I will say that it took virtually no time for him to learn the bus/subway system, but if you work outside the city limits, you have to take Pace busses and on the weekends, the schedules are very abbreviated.  There were many nights where my son walked miles to get to a city bus.

Offline colddecember

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 01:00:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My LO just got transffered to North Lawndale...
Those who have LO in North Lawndale....
Could you please share your experience with me...
Are the guards there friendly?
Are there jobs available??? would they help them find one?
How does this work?

I called them today they told me what can I bring and the drop off schedules.

Thanks in advance!

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »
While my son was at NL, I always found the guards and counselors very friendly and polite.  Of course, I was the same way to them.  My biggest concern was the neighborhood.  That was shwere my LO used to go for his stuff.  He did say that no one bothered him when he was going to and coming back from work.  He felt that the reason was that the dealers knew which people were from NL and didn't want any trouble with the police so they just stayed away.

Offline colddecember

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
To everyone who has and LO in N. Lawndale who currently have a job.
Could you please tell me if there's a guideline on the 6 hour pass.
I was told that you can use this for a job interview. I was trying to add
up the time from Lawndale to the place he's going , it might take a lil bit more than that,
because he has to go Union Station and take the Metra.

Do thjey need to be there on or before the 6 hours???
Can they bring food or money with them?
Am a lil bit lost because N. Lawndale do not tell us anything on what to do.

I understand if they violate the pass they will put them back to Statesville.

Please if you have an experience at N. Lawndale kindly share it. I will appreciate it
a lot

Thanks

Offline colddecember

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
It's very disappointing and depressing to have a LO
in this facility. They call it Work Release  there is no job posting.
The Inmates are trying to find a job for themselves and on top of that
when the company call for interview they tell them they can't work outside
or sometimes they set up interview with them but when the day comes, they will
cancel the interview leaves an Inmate to nothing. No one helps them , they tell them nothing.
And if they bad mouth them because some Inmates had had it with them, they threathened
them that they will write them out.

Weirdest part is they can't go to school , Most of them are trying to enroll but they been told
they can't go to school.

I thought this is the  place where Inmates are getting ready to get back to the society
but there's  NOTHING here. They said on the news they will improve this facilities after election.
My LO was better in Vienna , he had a Job there, we both thought work release was better, nope
it's worst. Im very tired of all this. I believe all of this men commited mistakes but I do think
they deserve a second chance not a broken spirit.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »
I'm curious if anyone's LO is currently (or recently was) at North Lawndale or Crossroads ATC.  I'm wondering what types of jobs the guys are getting.....