• September 23, 2018, 01:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: People Dasc Transportation Info - Goes to Many Prisons  (Read 22079 times)

Offline Willie Mae

People Dasc Transportation Info - Goes to Many Prisons
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »
People-Dasc
goes to Big Muddy, Pinckneyville, Menard,Southwest,Danville,Lawrence,Robinson,Vienna,Tamms and Shawnee and Hill
Costs ranges from $60.00 to $75 for 1 day visits and from $85.00 to $155.00 for 2 day visits. People- Dasc also offer home pick up at additional charge. Clients are sent a 6 month schedule on dates that they go to each prisons. Pick up points are on Centralia and Harrison, 87th and Dan Ryan and 55th Dan Ryan. People-Dasc requires a $10.00 deposit on all trips. The riders pay the balance once they are picked up.  The phone number is 773-272-8955

Offline Willie Mae

Re: People DASC Transportation Info
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »
People-Dasc has advance to other prisons. We now go Vandalia, Graham, Hills, Illinois River, East Moline, Centralia, Lincoln, Logan, Taylorville, Dixon Thomson. Our regular Correctional Center will remain the same. Big Muddy, Danville, Lawrence, Robinson, Menard, Pnickneyville, Southwest, Shawnee, Vienna and Tamms. We have acquired 3 new vans. Cost ranges from $50 to $80.00 for 1 days and $135 to $155.00 for 2 day visits. Starting in April we are offing discount day. Once a month on week day only prepaid only $20.00 off the regular fare to Big Muddy, Danville, Centralia, Lawrence, Robinson, Tamms, Shawnee, Vienna, Pinckneyville.
Menard,Shawnee and Vienna you pay us $100.00 and I am not sure what the cost In Vienna. Should be no more than $12.00. You can get a 2 day visit $112.00. We are not affiliated with the Houses. You have to make your own reservations.

We will be your transportation to and from the prison. You have to provide your own towels and bedding.

We ask you to make sure you are on the inmates visiting list. You must have a driver license or state id with a Social Security card. At Pinckneyville they do not take Social Security Cards. You got to have 2 picture ids. or 1 picture Id with a medical or insurance card. Call ahead to make sure you got everything you need to visit. If you are taking in someone else child that is not yours. you will need a notarize letter from the parent of the child giving you permission to visit the inmate. It does not matter if the child is the inmates. If you are on parole or probation,or have a felony you must get a letter from the warden of the prison you are visiting giving you permission to visit the inmate. We pick up on the west and south side of Chicago.

We do home pick ups at an additional cost of $20.00. If we get 4 people we got a run.  Dates are subject to change., so keep checking our phone number for changes in runs or newly added dates. This is a rough draft of the information pack that we mail out to our clients.

For further information please feel from to contact me.

Willie Mae

Offline Willie Mae

People-Dasc schdule 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »
 :wc11:
We have listed the schedule of the prisons to. The schedule is good until December 31, 2009. We do a new schedule once every 6 months.
Big Muddy, Centerlia,Menard,Pinckneyville,Southwest,Dixon,EastMoline,Hills,Lawrence,Robinson,Shawnee,Tamms,Vienna,Hardin Ct and Dixie Springs WK
One Days                    October                 November            December               2 days             October       November           December
Tamms,Vienna               11,13Th&25Th         8,10&22ND         8,13 &26Th                                   17Th&18Th     21st&22ND        19Th&20Th
Shawnee,Hardin Ct
Dixie Springs wk

Big Muddy, Menard,Southwest    8,10,22          5,12,19              3,12,17,26                                   3rd&4Th        7Th&8Th               5Th&6Th
 Pinckneyville,Centerlia,              & 24Th           &26Th                &30Th

Lawrence,Robinson                   3,8,11,18          7,8,12               3,5,13                                     No 2 days at this time         
                                              22ND&25         15Th&26             17,20&27

Hills,EastMoline                        Every Friday   No weekends

We mail you an information pack telling you what you need to visit. We travel with 4 people. If we get 6 people prices goes down $5.00 If you send in  your $15.00 deposit you get another $5.00 off your trip. No other van service will travel with only 4 people. We want to make sure we have enough to cover gas and the driver.
People call in and say put me down but don't show up or cancel at the last minute. At times only 2 people may show up and they are dispointed because we have to cancel the trip. Therefore, without deposit we are no longer taking call in for reservations. Your deposit is your reservation. Our pick up points are Central and Harrison at bus turn around, 55Th& DanRyan, 87Th and Dan Ryan in Jewel Parking Lot and 147Th and Sibley. Home pick ups are additional.
Please make sure you are on the inmate visiting list. If you have been convicted of a felony either jail or prison you must get an letter from the warden of the prison you are attending,giving you permission to visit the inmate. I don't care if you have been clean the last 20 years. Once a felon always a felon. I have had this happen even with the letter I mail out telling people about the visiting rules they still go and then they want money back. Once I mail you the information you need in order to visit and you still go or don't have id's there is no refund. If the inmate is out of visits or someone else beats you to the visits and you can't visit, there is no refund.
There is a $25.00 non-refundable deposit that we must pay should you change your mind. This is the deposit that we must send the hotel for your 2 day stay.
So be very sure before you send in your deposit if you are really going on the 2day trip. The 2day covers Hotel, transportation , full course breakfast all you can eat. 3 free cocktails, snacks, fresh popcorn and beverages until 8pm. cocktails are from 5:30 to 7 pm Indoor hot tub and swimming poll. Micro wave and refrigerator in your room. 24 hour Wal-Mart 2 blocks down and restaurants within walking distance.
Keep checking voice mail for newly added dates. Remember we get 4 people we are up and going. We also do inmate pickups
For futher information call:  Willie Mae at 773-272-8955

Offline Willie Mae

Re: PEOPLE DASC Transportation Info - Goes to Many Prisons
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
We go to Hills once a month on the week ends. There are a lot of van services thst goes to Hill on the week Ends. That is why we only do once a month on weeks ends. We visit hills on some Mondays and Fridays.
The weekend dates until Dec 2010 are: Aug 29, Sept 18, October1st, Nov 14th and Dec 11, 2010 Cost for weekend  visits are 60.00 and Weekday visits are 50.00. If you send in your 15.00 dep you get an extra 5.00 off your trip.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Please call her as you will get a quicker response..

Willie Mae at 773-272-8955

Thank You!!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Willie Mae

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »
 :wc7: I no longer have my 15 passenger van. I rented for 13 years so I will just go back to renting until I get a new van. I would just like to thank Mr. P of Family time for assisting me in getting my riders to the prisons. Without him I could not have done the trips. I would also like to thank Carol Long of Heartstrings transportation in her assistance in getting me vans when everything seem lost. She sent out an SOS and they were answered. You see God works through People places and things. Mr. Johnson and Pam came to my rescue . I was worried how I was going to get my riders to the prisons and all doors seem closed. However, God open those close doors. Put your faith in him and all things are possible. I have recently been Ill  in the hospital and then in a nursing home all in July 2010.He still keeps me going. He told me I have a Job to do. This is my mission. Lord you will never hear me say again I am going to stop going to the Prisons. If I can't drive anymore I will hire the best and safest drivers I can. I feel this is a celebration and I am having a party that will never stop. Cause ain't no party like a Holy Ghost party,cause a holy ghost party don't stop. I am going on vacation 08/12/2010 on a cruise thanks to my children. Trips will start back up on 08/28/2010. I have access to vans now. However, Ladies now I am back to renting. Deposits will be a must. My goal is to stop last minute cancellations and no shows. I will travel with just 4 people. But why should I rent a 15 passenger when only 5 people show up and everyone canceled or did a no show. Deposits will let me know exactly how many people I go going. It will also let people know that they got a guaranteed seat. God bless you all.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 07:23:55 PM »
Willie Mae have a wonderful vacation and get some much needed rest that you need!  Hope when you come back everything goes good for you too!

Mah
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Willie Mae

Re: People Dasc Transportation Info - Goes to Many Prisons
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
I am back from vacation and back to working. Ladies we operate on company time. Because of the time that we leave, we cannot wait on people. You are told what time we depart from pick up points. Some of our pick up times lets say 400 am at Central and Harrison we have another pick up point at 430am at 55th and we have 2 more pick up points to get to. When I say we pick up at 87th at 445 a.m. I mean 445:am not 446 or 448 or even 450 I mean we pull off at 445am. Even if you sent in an deposit. I have other people waiting on other corners for us. Some of them has rides waiting with them to get on van some don't. I will not risk anyone waiting past the pick up time. You are giving the pick up points if you know you can't make it to the one you schedule go to the next one. You do not ask the CTA or Greyhound, the airlines to wait for you do not ask me. I have tried in the past someone call and say I am going to be late 10 min late please wait on me. I did it and they never showed up and the other people was angry because they was waiting for me and I was late picking them up. This is a company. This weekend a lady had sent in her deposit. I called her at 4:15 and her we were on 87th and to please be on time. At 4.44 she was still not there. The driver called her house and they said she had left. At 4.45 a.m the driver was pulling off and 2 people came running and caught the driver. One of the people was not schedule so the driver thought she had everyone. She was a new driver and did not look at her sheet.Come to find out that the girl got there after 4.45 a.m. She was upset because she was left. We do not go back. She wants her deposit back and she will get it back. Because the driver did not check her sheet to make sure she the right people that was on the schedule. She knew she was waiting for 2 people and 2 people showed up. That is the reason she is getting it back.  So the moral of the story is. Be on time ladies. We are on a time frame. So don't expect us to wait on you. You do not ask CTA don't ask us. I am not going to let 1 or 2 people not being on time to spoil it for everyone. I don't care if you sent in a deposit or not . All the deposit does is to guarantee you a seat. If you are not on time you will be left. I may sound harsh, but there are crazy people out there. I would hate if something happen to them if we were late getting to them.  Thanks for listening.

Offline Willie Mae

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
How much do u charge to go to LAWRENCE?
The cost for Lawrence is $65.00 weekends and $55.00 weekdays. When you send in your $15.00 deposit you get an extra $5.00 off your trip

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
Note by Admin:   Please call for questions and scheduling.

Thank You!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »

Please call the # in the post to make your arrangements.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »
Note by Moderator:  Please call Willie Mae at 773-272-8955 for any information.  Her computer is not working right now but People Dasc is still in business.

Thank you,
TSS

Offline rebbie02

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
Are you still in business?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
Are you still in business?

PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED !! Thank You!

Offline Willie Mae

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
Yes we still are in business. God has sent me help and we are taking it to the max. We can now email schedules, we will still mail out schedules to people that does not have email address. I will be updating prisons that we  still are presently going to. As of now we do go to the following prisons. Big muddy, Pinkneyville, Menard, Lawrence, Robinson, Danville, Hills, East Moline, Dixon,Vienna and Shawnee. We will be adding other prisons shortly.

Offline zillion1

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
Hi...do you go to Jacksonville?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 06:30:21 AM »
Hi...do you go to Jacksonville?

Call them 773-272-8955