Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2014, 10:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marion Illinois Federal Prison Camp  (Read 25034 times)
child4

« on: September 19, 2007, 03:16:21 PM »

Hi - my brother will go to the Federal Prison Camp in Marion Illinois next week.  Does anyone have any information about the camp - conditions - population - treatment of prisoners>  Thank you in advance, my mom and I are very worried about him. 
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »

Welcome child4, glad you found us.    Here is the information we have on Marion, there is a whole section Under Prison Profiles on the Federal Prisons:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,2334.0.html

Mah

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
child4

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

Welcome child4, glad you found us.    Here is the information we have on Marion, there is a whole section Under Prison Profiles on the Federal Prisons:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,2334.0.html

Mah

Thank you for the web site.  
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »

Child 4 here is the link on our site for the pictures we have of Marion also.  

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,5085.0.html

Does your mom have internet access?    She might want to join for the support. We have so many members   here that know what  you are going through.   We need information on the federal prisons also, so once you learn more, we would appreciate your help in posting whatever information you have to help someone else down the road.  Thanks!!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
child4

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

Does your mom have internet access?    She might want to join for the support. We have so many members   here that know what  you are going through.   We need information on the federal prisons also, so once you learn more, we would appreciate your help in posting whatever information you have to help someone else down the road.  Thanks!!

Just wanted to update you and give a little information on Marion FPC.  My brother is doing well, they are considering moving him to a location that has access to medical services- I wish he could just stay are Marion.  As for the camp - it is not bad and it is SAFE.  There are 2 gaurds per shift, no bars and the inmates are all on best behavior since they can go to a worse place if they act out. The location is in the middle of a forest/refuge area.  He may not be with family, but the grounds are very pretty and peaceful.  I think it is important to point out the positve.  Visiting him went well, in a large gym and it is orderly and there is access to drinks and food - just bring change- but no more than 20 dollars.  Also, if you have a family member sentenced there, at the time of admission he can take money in.  This is the one and only time cash can go with him - and it will be put in his bank.  So take money in - no one told us that and he had to wait to buy soap etc.  There are four men to a room, two sets of bunk beds, access to a therapist, a doctor is available - but services are limited so any real medical issues an inmate will be transferred.   He said the food is ok and you are free to move about.  The gaurds are repectful and it is safe.   The adjacent prison is no longer a maximum security prison, but rather a medium (i think that is the correct description) that houses sex offenders  and those types of inmates.  The inmates at the Camp do not mix with the inmates at the higher security prison.  I hope this information is a little helpful and I want to also thank you all for your response here and in other forums.   I would have never thought i would be on a message board discussing prison conditions - it made me realize how much I love my brother and how important he is.  People make mistakes - we all do - but we cannot just forget them - they need our support and our love.  Thanks again.
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »

Thank you so much for your report Child4.  I'm glad to hear your brother is doing so well and Marion isn't a horrible place.  It sounds like visiting was pleasant.  It's good to know about the different security levels at Marion also. 

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Setty1

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »

Just wanted to update you and give a little information on Marion FPC.  My brother is doing well, they are considering moving him to a location that has access to medical services- I wish he could just stay are Marion.  As for the camp - it is not bad and it is SAFE.  There are 2 gaurds per shift, no bars and the inmates are all on best behavior since they can go to a worse place if they act out. The location is in the middle of a forest/refuge area.  He may not be with family, but the grounds are very pretty and peaceful.  I think it is important to point out the positve.  Visiting him went well, in a large gym and it is orderly and there is access to drinks and food - just bring change- but no more than 20 dollars.  Also, if you have a family member sentenced there, at the time of admission he can take money in.  This is the one and only time cash can go with him - and it will be put in his bank.  So take money in - no one told us that and he had to wait to buy soap etc.  There are four men to a room, two sets of bunk beds, access to a therapist, a doctor is available - but services are limited so any real medical issues an inmate will be transferred.   He said the food is ok and you are free to move about.  The gaurds are repectful and it is safe.   The adjacent prison is no longer a maximum security prison, but rather a medium (i think that is the correct description) that houses sex offenders  and those types of inmates.  The inmates at the Camp do not mix with the inmates at the higher security prison.  I hope this information is a little helpful and I want to also thank you all for your response here and in other forums.   I would have never thought i would be on a message board discussing prison conditions - it made me realize how much I love my brother and how important he is.  People make mistakes - we all do - but we cannot just forget them - they need our support and our love.  Thanks again.

Thanks Child 4.  my Dad is going to MArion in a week so if you can provide any more info it would really help alot.  anything about daily life or how it is or what it's like or survival tips etc.  thanks.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: