Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 25, 2014, 12:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOURCES FOR SENDING RECORDED MUSIC TO IDOC  (Read 26877 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 09, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »

Two sources for sending recorded music to IDOC inmates.  These two companies are approved by the Department of Corrections.

NOTE:  MUSIC BY MAIL no longer offering tapes for inmate purchases!!!!

PACK CENTRAL INC
P.O. Box 8448
Van Nuys CA 91409-8448
1-818-760-2828
http://www.packcentral.com/

Added August 26, 2012

NOTE:  AS OF JULY 1ST, 2013, PERSPECTIVES WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING CASSETTES!

Big Muddy River allows tapes to be ordered from the following company.  

Please call your parent prisons before you order from here to be sure it allows ordering from there too, for now all we know is Big Muddy.

Perspectives
PO Box 2985
Laurel MD 20709
Phone: 301-494-4792
Email: perspectives301@msn.com

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
pmilver

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »

The new address for Pack Central is:

PO Box 8448
Van Nuys, CA  91409-8448

Phone is still:  1-818-760-2828

I just called to check the address because my son sent me an order form from their catalog that had this new address on it.  Their voice message gave the above address.    wc2
tina

Keith's Angel Eyez

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

Thank you for the info - as always you guys ROCK !!!

wc71
fairveiw0919

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:12:51 AM »

can anyone tell me what music company can be ordered through to sendto Laurence thanks
lizzybizzy

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »

Does any one know the new number for perspective music? The number on here does not work
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »

Does any one know the new number for perspective music? The number on here does not work

Try this one and let us know if it worked:

(301) 577-4436

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
precious0573

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »

Just curious if anyone actually has ordered from Perspectives?  Ive sent a few emails requesting info, have called both numbers with no luck.  The last number posted is not in service either?? 
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:22 PM »

Just curious if anyone actually has ordered from Perspectives?  Ive sent a few emails requesting info, have called both numbers with no luck.  The last number posted is not in service either?? 

I would like to know too, because if they are no longer servicing inmates in IDOC, we will take their information off this website.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
me
Support Staff

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »

I did use Perspective back in the begining of April.  I felt it did take them a little time in responding to emails.  It took about 4 weeks total for my loved one to get his cassettes. 

perspectives301@msn.com  The guy that answers the emails is Marcus Bullock.

I wasn't impressed with them at all....  I basically had to chase them to get the order done.

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
lizzybizzy

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »

I guess the original number of 301-494-4792 was just disconnect for a little while. I tired again today just to be 100% and what do you know it worked! I got a voicemail though 
chantygirl

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »

As of July 1st, Perspectives will no longer have cassettes available for purchase.  This is NOT a rumor.  C told me about this in a letter, and I called a counselor at Menard today to verify it.

jaf

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 09:17:14 PM »

As of July 1st, Perspectives will no longer have cassettes available for purchase.  This is NOT a rumor.  C told me about this in a letter, and I called a counselor at Menard today to verify it.

But they're still selling cassette players?  Where can they get cassettes then?

I don't blame them for not selling them - who wants that old technology these days.  what happened to the MP3 player they were told about at the first of the year?   Who knows?  Probably nobody, right?
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

But they're still selling cassette players?  Where can they get cassettes then?

I don't blame them for not selling them - who wants that old technology these days.  what happened to the MP3 player they were told about at the first of the year?   Who knows?  Probably nobody, right?

Pack Central is still around for cassettes and hopefully IDOC is getting ready to bring the MP3 players in soon!

chantygirl

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »

I thought they got the players from commissary.  Didn't even realize they got those from perspectives  wc13

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »

I thought they got the players from commissary.  Didn't even realize they got those from perspectives  wc13

They get the players from commissary not these companies.

humbird37

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »

I am really disappointed Perspective will not be making the cassettes anymore, although my son probably has enough :) We had really good luck with getting the tapes he wanted, it took some time but he got them. I have never been able to contact them though, except for the orders. They could make their own list of songs they wanted on the tapes.

Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!
me
Support Staff

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

I think that is actually the problem with Perspectives - I think that its coming down to more of copyright issues.  Are they downloading these songs and duplicating and selling??  If so - that is illegal. 

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
humbird37

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »

That could be the reason....

Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!
chantygirl

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:31 PM »

I think that is actually the problem with Perspectives - I think that its coming down to more of copyright issues.  Are they downloading these songs and duplicating and selling??  If so - that is illegal. 

They're not closing the doors.  They're just not going to be offering cassettes anymore.  It's probably a money issue.  I talked to Victory Ministries Church back a few years ago, and asked them why they were no longer sending sermons on tape to the guys, and they said it was a monetary issue.  They couldn't get clear screw-less cassettes for under $2 each, so they couldn't afford to keep sending them.

kitana

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »

Does anyone have any info on Pack America? Graham allows them right? How do I get a catalog?
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: