• February 20, 2019, 10:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Crossroads ATC  (Read 42030 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Crossroads ATC
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
Good morning I had read in your past post something about if you have a class x felony you have to apply directly to springfield. I was trying to see if you ever got the info on that. My LO will be under two years in feb. this is his first offense but he does have a class x armed violence. I have spoke to ppl who said he will qualify and some said he wont so idk

All he can do is apply and see what happens.. He may qualify, but because the ATC's only hold so many inmates and more guys apply than what they have room for, many are denied.  Good Luck to him! He can talk to his counselor about the whole process. Springfield is the one that approves them.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline dimpelz22

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release
They will be told after Springfield approves them.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Celibellie

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
Hello!
My BF just got moved to Stateville yesterday  to wait for an opening at Crossroads. Does anyone know how long the wait is & if they offer EHM still after 30 days? I know the post is old but I’m very curious to know. He mentioned someone who lest a week and a half ago is still waiting to be moved to Crossroads as well at Stateville so I’m starting to get anxious. Also, how does the phone situation work? Is it still payphones?wrekends at home still require home phone as well?!
Anything will help! Thanks I’m advance!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Hi Celibellie

I have attached a link to the JCAR site that discusses the levels and the associated privileges with each level.  I don't have any specific information how the going on's at each work release facility.  I have heard that you cannot have MP3 players, nor individual televisions and that you bunk in groups of 20.  But not for sure.

I do know that the warden at each facility has to approve you, than Springfield has to approve you and then you wait until a spot opens up.  I know of individuals that have waited 6 months to get into a work release facility after having been approved to go.

Hope this helps

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »

Offline Keke89

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
My l/o was just transferred to Stateville awaiting a bed at Crossroads. Can anyone speak to the amount of time he may need to wait there?

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
I'm currently in crossroads ATC. I got here back in April 2018. Back then most people would go to stateville one week and then the very next be transfered to crossroads. So he wont be there long. Normally the only exception if he is permanent party at crossroads. Basically if he has between 30-24 months left of his sentence then he will be permanent party there(at crossroads). If hes under 24 mo this then he is just normal work release.  Also dont get his Hope's up or nothing but today some people were called to their case managers(counselors) and I formed they were receiving some(or all) of the 6 months good time. So idk how that's really working yet. I was at work when other guys started calling me and letting me know. Anyways if you have any questions let me know.

Offline Keke89

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
I'm currently in crossroads ATC. I got here back in April 2018. Back then most people would go to stateville one week and then the very next be transfered to crossroads. So he wont be there long. Normally the only exception if he is permanent party at crossroads. Basically if he has between 30-24 months left of his sentence then he will be permanent party there(at crossroads). If hes under 24 mo this then he is just normal work release.  Also dont get his Hope's up or nothing but today some people were called to their case managers(counselors) and I formed they were receiving some(or all) of the 6 months good time. So idk how that's really working yet. I was at work when other guys started calling me and letting me know. Anyways if you have any questions let me know.

Thank you for the info! It's much appreciated as we are trying to navigate the next steps. He only has 6 months left. Do you happen to know what items he needs or can have? I'd like to get started on compiling them. Also, how was the job search? Are there any restrictions on the type of job he can get? 
How soon were you able to get visits and passes?

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
On Saturdays and sundays you can bring him his property. You can bring him clothes, hygiene, TV, 70 dollars, 20 dollars in quarters(he will need those for phone which doesnt allow collect calls, the washer/dryer, vending machines)(also the 70 dollars bring in singles so it's easier to get change). You can bring him alot of different items and he will get a free short call the day he gets here so he will let u know what he wants. You cant bring him food though.

He can work alot of different jobs but not like a bartender(obviously) or anything that requires driving. Hr can find his own job or he can go to one that crossroads has in its contacts. He wont have a problem finding a job.

He should be able to have visits the very next week he threre. Plus as soon as he gets money he can call u. These are pay phones so he can call whoever, there is no phone list like prison. Also idk where your at but if you dont have a 773 area code it can be costly to call you. If you dont have a 773 number then get on Google and set up a Google voice number. Basically you can get a 773 number that will be forwarded to your cell number. With a 773 number it will cost him 50 cents for the first 5 min and a quarter for every 5 min afterwards.  Once he gets a job he can then get a cell phone.

Passes work like this. The first 30 days there he isnt going anywhere except one staff accompanied trip to DMV to get his ID and a store run to Walmart. To get him started right have his social security card and birth certificate and mail it to him as soon as he gets to crossroads. With out those he cant get a ID and he will have to have that in order to be able to get a job. So if ue doesnt have em already try to get them asap.

So I explained the first 30 days as far as passes. The first 30 are boring and difficult just cause you hear people talking about going home on the weekend and seeing ppl go to work everyday. After the first 30 it gets better. The first 30 your in level 1(day 1-30)

Level 2 is day(30-90) on level 2 he can start working and he can take a 1hr unaccompanied store pass per week.

Level 3 is day 90-120. On level 3 he will be allowed (1) 6hr pass a week as well as either (2)12hr passes for that month or (1)48 hr pass to go home.

After the 1 month of level 3 he will be level 4(the highest level). On level 4 he will get (2)6hr passes per week and (1)72 hr pass per week.  I'm on level 4 and I will give you my schedule as an example:

Monday-Friday I have my work schedule from 5am-5pm
Passes wise:
-mon no pass
-Tues I get back from work at 4:30pm and go on a pass till 9pm
-weds I get off work at 4:30pm and go on a pass till 9pm
-thuraday I get to the center from work around 4:45pm and then wait till 7pm and then take my 72hr pass till Sunday night at 7pm.

So as you see once your on level 4 you basically never in the center except to sleep a few nights.  For him to take 72hr passes you will have to get a landline phone and come to the orientation they have every Tuesday. You will need a copy of the phone bill along with you ID with the correct address. Make sure you dont have call forwarding listed on the bill.

Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
2cimdma

Can a parent bring their LO a cell phone or does the inmate have to purchase one

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
As soon as he gets a cellphone box you can bring him one, mail him one, or he can buy it himself.