• January 21, 2019, 06:27:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Crossroads ATC  (Read 41477 times)

Online Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Crossroads ATC
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
Good morning I had read in your past post something about if you have a class x felony you have to apply directly to springfield. I was trying to see if you ever got the info on that. My LO will be under two years in feb. this is his first offense but he does have a class x armed violence. I have spoke to ppl who said he will qualify and some said he wont so idk

All he can do is apply and see what happens.. He may qualify, but because the ATC's only hold so many inmates and more guys apply than what they have room for, many are denied.  Good Luck to him! He can talk to his counselor about the whole process. Springfield is the one that approves them.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline dimpelz22

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release

Online Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release
They will be told after Springfield approves them.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Celibellie

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
Hello!
My BF just got moved to Stateville yesterday  to wait for an opening at Crossroads. Does anyone know how long the wait is & if they offer EHM still after 30 days? I know the post is old but I’m very curious to know. He mentioned someone who lest a week and a half ago is still waiting to be moved to Crossroads as well at Stateville so I’m starting to get anxious. Also, how does the phone situation work? Is it still payphones?wrekends at home still require home phone as well?!
Anything will help! Thanks I’m advance!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Hi Celibellie

I have attached a link to the JCAR site that discusses the levels and the associated privileges with each level.  I don't have any specific information how the going on's at each work release facility.  I have heard that you cannot have MP3 players, nor individual televisions and that you bunk in groups of 20.  But not for sure.

I do know that the warden at each facility has to approve you, than Springfield has to approve you and then you wait until a spot opens up.  I know of individuals that have waited 6 months to get into a work release facility after having been approved to go.

Hope this helps

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »