• February 23, 2019, 09:48:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Crossroads ATC  (Read 42105 times)

Offline mserer

Re: Crossroads ATC
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:17 PM »
My l/o has been at Crossroads since the beginning of December.  Last month he told me that they brought all of the guys together to address some rumors about Crossroads potentially closing due to unfavorable reports about how the facility was being run.  The man who talked to them (I am assuming it was someone higher up in Safer Foundations which is the nonprofit company that runs Crossroads) said that the possible closing was based on a report from the John Howard Association.  He also said that if the facility is closed the "residents" may be able to go home on EHMs and that it would be in June.  My l/o is thinking that the signing of the state budget will play some factor in the end decision and he has his hopes up a great deal as the job search has been difficult and fruitless thus far. 

Does anyone know anything about this? What is the likelihood of the use of EHMs? What would their alternate plan be - there isn't room at any other ATCs so would they ship them back to Stateville?  Is there any way to find out more information (I have searched several sites to no avail & I'm hoping I'm missing something that you all might know about)? 

Thanks in advance! Glad to see IPT back online  :wc1:

Offline mserer

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Never mind - I sorta got my questions answered when I showed up for our visit this evening ..... and so did WGN News :/  They said that nothing had been officially stated (as with TAMMS) but that they had heard Crossroads was on the list.  Obviously the other questions are up in the air and we just have to wait and see.  If anyone hears anything, please don't hesitate to speak up :wc38:

Offline veracity

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
I just heard on Channel 5 news that Quinn is asking to close the ATC's and increase the use of electronic monitoring. It also said he was seeking to close Tamms & "the womens's prison in Dwight"

Offline tspot

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »
PLEASE HELP.  I'm in a panic; LO is going to Crossroads (leaving EM tomorrow told he's going to Statesville farm) and we no NOTHING about this location, rules, visiting, transportation, jobs, etc.  We were prepared for a different location and literally JUST found out.

Is it true he will be going from East Moline to Statesville "farm"?  Will he have stay at the 'farm' or immediately be shuttled to Crossroads being that it is only an hour away.  I was told shuttle vans are there and he transfers immediately to Crossroads.  I know better "don't believe 1/2 of what 'the system' tells us and other 1/2 is not true!  :)

Other issue I head is that Crossroads is known for sending most their guys back - revoking their work release for every little issue.  True? 

PLEASE - share any info you know or experience you have had.

Do they have "levels" to achieve visits, calls, how many months before home visits, etc.  Can I bring his clothing, personal items as soon as he gets there?

What is visiting like, the hours, the staff, etc.
Jobs - do the guys still go to Suncast in Batavia

I was prepared for Peoria, knew their rules and regs. - now, I'm losing my mind!

Offline mserer

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
Hi tspot - first of all, take a deep breath and relax.  Crossroads is not bad at all, my boyfriend has been there since December and it has been a relatively good experience (definitely better than where he came from). 

Your LO will go through Stateville farm but it should be very short, my bf was only there 4 days and then sent on to Crossroads.  We do not know of anyone being sent back for much of anything, they have the right to send people back to their parent facility (Stateville) but they are very tolerant of behavior issues.  At the same token, as with anywhere else in IDOC it is best for your LO to do as he is instructed. 

Yes, there are levels - he will start out with the first month in classes learning about how to apply for jobs, how to interview, and various other things.  If your LO doesn't have his GED he will be given an opportunity to earn it after the first month.  His goal is to get to level 4 which will mean he has a full time job and will be getting weekends at home.  Without a job (which is the ultimate challenge) he will get 1 hour shopping passes to go get his snacks (no more commisary) and he will get passes called JD's to go to job interviews. 

You will be able to bring his clothing and up to $50/cash (make sure you bring quarters for laundry and phones) - he gets a total of 3 drop offs while he is there.  I suggest going on Sunday to drop off his stuff when he first gets there (call for the hours as they change slightly from time to time).  Also, the first week they will let you go to all three of the visiting days, after that he will have one visiting day per week.  Most of the CO's there are pretty nice just ask anything you need to know. 

The jobs at Suncast Batavia have seriously cut hours so that is no guarantee so be prepared to help him start looking for a job.  He will be able to go to the computer lab a few times a week to look for jobs and check his email.  Please feel free to inbox me if you have any further questions or if I missed something

Offline mmeade11

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
Hello...I have a question. My LO is currently at Crossroads. He just completed the first Module. How long after completing the Module will he begin to receive his 3-4 hour passes to look for jobs? Do those passes begin immediately or do they have to wait a week or so after  completion to start getting passes for job search? He has access to the computer room now to look for opportunities. I would think the passes would begin immediately also. I'm confused! And I wanted to know so I can start lining some jobs up for him. Any input?

Offline merryparker04

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
Good Morning,

Just got a call from my husband with latest info.   He just a new picture and fingerprints taken and was told he will be on a bus Wednesday to
start work release.  Not sure which one yet but he wil be in Chicago.  Was also told they also are dealing with overcrowding so he might be
put on EHM.  Does anyone know when and if he will find out where he going before Wednesday?

Thank you

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Good Morning,

Just got a call from my husband with latest info.   He just a new picture and fingerprints taken and was told he will be on a bus Wednesday to
start work release.  Not sure which one yet but he wil be in Chicago.  Was also told they also are dealing with overcrowding so he might be
put on EHM.  Does anyone know when and if he will find out where he going before Wednesday?

Thank you

For security purposes, they may not tell him where he is going until he is in route!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline merryparker04

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
Me again,

Thanks for responding so fast.  Another question - how will I know where he is at?  Will he or someone notify me?  I am signed up for the Vine
service,will they let me know?  Sorry for all there questions, very new at this.

Thanks again.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »
Me again,

Thanks for responding so fast.  Another question - how will I know where he is at?  Will he or someone notify me?  I am signed up for the Vine
service,will they let me know?  Sorry for all there questions, very new at this.

Thanks again.

The day that he is transferred, keep checking the IDOC after 9PM, that is when they do their updates ..  VINE will let you know he has been moved, not sure if they will tell you where.

Don't be sorry, that is why this website is here, to help families through their journey with IDOC and their inmates :)
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JulieD618

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
Does anyone know if my bf is still in orientation, if they will let him have a Xmas pass? And he can spend the day out?

Offline 13ellis

• missing him....but he's doing great
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:13 AM »
GREAT NEWS, my LO just found out he got approved for work release! I'm looking for some recent info about Crossroads ATC which is where he is headed. Much of the info in this feed is from several years ago, and I'm especially wondering what might have changed since a year ago when they were threatening to close this ATC. Any info that anyone has would be much appreciated! Especially things like, can I mail his clothes to him since I live in another state? Are they ever allowed to be In a Car or only public transportation? What type of phone system do they have? Do I need a local number? For home passes, will they approve passes for him to his cousins house where he plans to parole? Does he need to have a landline at that location in order to be approved for passes? Sorry, it's a lot of questions... Thanks all!!
 :wc38: :wc30:

Offline butlerhall1

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Hi my L/O also just got approved for work release and is also headed to crossroads.  I am looking to see how long he will have to be at statesville farm before he will get a bed at Crossroads.  Has your L/0 made it to crossroads yet?  

I can answer a couple of your questions...Yes you do need a line land phone where you will go on passes and if someone wants to pick them up in a car they would have bring in there license and insurance and be approved. Does your

Offline 13ellis

• missing him....but he's doing great
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »
Hi my L/O also just got approved for work release and is also headed to crossroads.  I am looking to see how long he will have to be at statesville farm before he will get a bed at Crossroads.  Has your L/0 made it to crossroads yet?  

I can answer a couple of your questions...Yes you do need a line land phone where you will go on passes and if someone wants to pick them up in a car they would have bring in there license and insurance and be approved. Does your

My LO is there now! He was at stateville farm just 2weeks before heading to crossroads. :)  I have a lot of questions about the job search process and what kind of jobs they are allowed to look for. I've only spoken to my LO for a few minutes since he got there so he hasn't told me much. Any recent information would be much appreciated. Thanks!  :wc1:

Offline meems

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
 :wc7:my l/o was just transferred here, they get three drop off per time at crossroads. You can bring toiletries, no glass bottles, alcohol free everything, mouthwash, cologne etc. only Powder bleach and fabric detergent. Fingernail clippers without the curved hook that can be attached. 2 bath towels, hand towel, wash cloth. Clippers and shavers are ok. Twin size linens. Umbrellas irons ok. Clothes and under garments in sets of ten. Ten shirts, pants etc. quarters and dimes are useful for pay phone and vending machines. 50.00 per drop off. Bring the clear 32 or 36 quart clear Tupperware for their storing of items, if not, it's thrown in a gunny sack. L/o says it's fine, just taking classes and working out until his month is up and he can start applying for jobs there. The parking over here is sparse and the neighborhood leaves much to be desired, but c'est le vie. Just praying for good time. I go for visiting on Thursday and will update on how that goes.

Offline Sunnyhayward

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
:wc7:my l/o was just transferred here, they get three drop off per time at crossroads. You can bring toiletries, no glass bottles, alcohol free everything, mouthwash, cologne etc. only Powder bleach and fabric detergent. Fingernail clippers without the curved hook that can be attached. 2 bath towels, hand towel, wash cloth. Clippers and shavers are ok. Twin size linens. Umbrellas irons ok. Clothes and under garments in sets of ten. Ten shirts, pants etc. quarters and dimes are useful for pay phone and vending machines. 50.00 per drop off. Bring the clear 32 or 36 quart clear Tupperware for their storing of items, if not, it's thrown in a gunny sack. L/o says it's fine, just taking classes and working out until his month is up and he can start applying for jobs there. The parking over here is sparse and the neighborhood leaves much to be desired, but c'est le vie. Just praying for good time. I go for visiting on Thursday and will update on how that goes.

My husband is about to go to stateville farm and then to ATC. How has the process gone for your LO? My husband has been told that they are offering EHM quicker like after 30 days? Did this happen for your LO? I'm just trying to figure out how the process of going to ATC goes from someone who just had someone there rather than from other inmates who don't really know. He's been told a few different things about what goes on at ATC. Any information is appreciated!

Offline RDRlove

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
Hi,
My l/o is scheduled to be moved soon to Crossroads  :wc1: and is wondering what he will be allowed to take with him from Statesville as far as his property is concerned? Some are telling him that he will not be allowed to being anything with him. Does anyone know if he is allowed to bring anything with him?
Thanks   :wc38:
I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone...Then I knew it was my heart missing you :/

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:39 AM »
I would just give them a call and ask someone who works there. (773) 533-5000  Congrats to your L/O! I know your both excited!

Offline RDRlove

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice and the kind words  :wc1:
I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone...Then I knew it was my heart missing you :/

Offline teamduzman

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
Good morning I had read in your past post something about if you have a class x felony you have to apply directly to springfield. I was trying to see if you ever got the info on that. My LO will be under two years in feb. this is his first offense but he does have a class x armed violence. I have spoke to ppl who said he will qualify and some said he wont so idk