• February 23, 2019, 09:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Crossroads ATC  (Read 42106 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Crossroads ATC
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »
Post info here
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Peanuts

Re: Crossroads ATC
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:43:18 AM »

Crossroads Adult Transition Center

Opened: August 1983
*Operational Capacity: 330
Transitional Security Male
*Current Population: 326
Average Age: 31
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $21,467.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Tuesday through Thursday: 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Saturday: 6:00pm to 8:30pm, including Holidays
Sunday: 12:00pm to 8:00pm

For 3rd Floor Residents:
Tuesday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm

For 4th Floor Residents:
Wednesday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm

For 5th Floor Residents:
Thursday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Facility Address

Business Mail:
3210 West Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#

3210 West Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624

Phone: (773) 533-5000

Fax: (773) 533-0828

Facility Information

The Safer Foundation's Crossroads Adult Transition Center (ATC) mission is to reduce recidivism by supporting, through a full spectrum of services, the efforts of people with criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community. From the beginning, Crossroads adopted a philosophy that good programming is good security and good security is good programming. In practice that means that residents who are active in programs create far less security problems than those who are not, and where there is structure and order, programs can be effectively implemented.

The Safer Foundation's Crossroads ATC center has a 330-bed capacity and is located at 3210 W. Arthington, on the west side of Chicago. Crossroads ATC provides programming for residents at the point of entry. A series of comprehensive assessments is given to every resident. The results allow staff to develop effective programming to meet their needs. These programs are designed to provide skills, education, opportunities and resources in an attempt to reduce recidivism. The facility consists of one building with four community-style living units, which house general population offenders.

Inmate Programs

Academic:

GED (General Educational Development)
    Higher Educational Programs (off-site)

Vocational (off-site):

Culinary Arts
    Building Maintenance

Volunteer Services:

Literacy Services
    Religious Services
    Community Services 

Other:

Case Management Services
    Cognitive Therapies
    Mental Health Services
    Substance Abuse Treatment
    Family Support Services
    Job Readiness Skills
    Employment Retention Training
    Community Work Crews
    Anger Management
    Library
    Leisure Time Activity
    Life Skills
    Resource Room
    Employment Services
    Community Services
    Holiday Events
    Honor Program
    Internship

Offline KC

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »
How hard is it too get a bed there?

Offline muah

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
I am not an expert---but yes I do know it is hard.  I also do not believe you get to choose the facility.  I think you are sent to the one closest to your home....but do not quote me on that.

For mine he would be transferred to one of the three in Chicago.   Actually all three are within aprox a 2 mile radius of each other in west chicago.

Offline KC

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
when you get into work release and you get a job it's about a month before you get your first pass correct? Can you have your own clothes to wear when your in work release? When you get to come home for the first time can you take a train or bus or does someone have to come and get you ?

Offline muah

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
You probably have to go to get them.  You also have to show your land line phone bill and show that you do not have forwarded calls.  They do get to have their own clothes and have a list of what they can have.

When they get there they have a 30 day orientation.  After that they can get a job.  After they have worked 30 days and dont have any problems they will get passes that start at 12 hours and work up to weekends.

Offline Sweetie

• WHAT A WONDERFUL GOD WE SERVE!!!!!
  • CAN'T NOBODY DO YOU LIKE JESUS!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »
from my experience yes they can have their own clothes. You can either go get them or they can catch the bus but sometimes they get in trouble if they are caught getting in or out of a car so you should ask. Also they have vending machines so make sure you take rolls of change no loose change up there for snacks, phone calls etc. You can also take them clothes, shoes and personal hygiene stuff as well
GOD grant me the strength to change the things I can . Accept the things I cant and to have the sense to know the difference!

Offline KC

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
Ok So how long does it usually take to get a pass? And how long does it take for them to get a job? Also i dont have a phone line i have consolidated on my cellphone so will i still need consolidated for him to call me from there? I have to have a home phone? Also will i be able after a while for him to have a cellphone there?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
About a month the first pass they only out for 12 hours. Then they work they way up to 24 48 72 etc. They have to go out and find they're own job they get 3 and 4 hour passes to do that once they have been there for a month depending on they're behavior and the orientation. No you don't need consolidated anymore however I would advice you to get them a prepaid calling card, or the regular collect call charges will apply. You are going to need a house phone because once the overnight passes start they will call in the middle of the night to make sure he is where he said he was going. They will not accept a cell phone it has to be a landline. If you don't have a house phone he cannot come there because they will violate his parole and send him back. If you stay in Chicago I know a job that will hire him pretty much on the spot regardless of his background pm me if your interested and I will tell you the details and what steps you can take being on the outside.
GOD grant me the strength to change the things I can . Accept the things I cant and to have the sense to know the difference!

Offline KC

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
Yes Yes please do tell about the job i'm trying to help him as much as i can! Well i would rather pay a land line then consolidated lol there a pain! I'm not on her very much because i only have a computer at work and not at home . Do you have a other half that just got into wr? I would love to ask you more questions if you dont mind but could you e-mail me!

Offline KC

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »
 OK i have a question. When they get to the work release center . They are aloud to have cloths? And if i bring the cloths up to the center how long can i visit with him when i get there? Also after he starts coming home can they have a cellphone?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
The visit depends on when you get there you can stay for the whole visiting time if you want. You can either drop the clothes off and leave or visit that's if you come on they're visiting day. Drop offs is on certain days and certain hours it depends on what floor they are on. They CANNOT have cellphone under no circumstances! If he is caught with a cellphone he's going back.

Offline KC

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
 :choc:

when he gets to the center how long before i can bring him his cloths for interviews?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
You have to call and ask. However I believe once they get there you can start bringing they're things asap

Offline shawnssweetcheeks

• We will be together again
  • The love of my life
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »
do you know how long it will be for them to get 24 up to 72 hour passes and its' not nessarily WR close to home I'm 2hours and 30 minutes away.
Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight

Offline shawnssweetcheeks

• We will be together again
  • The love of my life
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
nevermind my husband got denied but it was nice to talk to you.
Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »
Hello..
I just spoke to my bf and he's at Vienna..
he believes that his work release was approved and that the first week of March they would transfer him to Crossroads...
would he know before hand?? I know ive heard they dont tell them where theyre going till thyey get there thats why I ask....
he said his counselor told him...
were live in TX so it couldnt be the facility closest to home unless he could transfer to TX which I highly doubt... & in regards of a job do they give him numbers he can call to get a job or are they on their own on that??
Thanks!

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »
Ok my boyfriend is going to crossroads this friday May 13, 2011 when/ how long will it take till he will get the 12 hour pass? Also I live in Bolingbrook Illinois & will be needing to use public transportation to get to crossroads can anyone tell me the right train & buses to take or how i can find out? Thank you sooooooo much 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
Ok my boyfriend is going to crossroads this friday May 13, 2011 when/ how long will it take till he will get the 12 hour pass? Also I live in Bolingbrook Illinois & will be needing to use public transportation to get to crossroads can anyone tell me the right train & buses to take or how i can find out? Thank you sooooooo much 

If you go back and read the posts in this very topic you posted in, you will get your answer for when they get their first 12 hour pass.  You should check the train schedules, Metra or Amtrak and find out if a train comes into the city and then take a cab to get to the facility, the address is listed in one of the first posts in this topic.

Here is a link to the Naperville Amtrak Station:   http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=am2Station&pagename=am%2Fam2Station%2FStation_Page&p=1237405732508&cid=1237405734876

Good Luck, hope you get to see your BF soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
I'm curious if anyone's LO is currently (or recently was) at Crossroads or North Lawndale ATC.  I'm wondering what types of jobs the guys are getting.....

Offline mserer

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:17 PM »
My l/o has been at Crossroads since the beginning of December.  Last month he told me that they brought all of the guys together to address some rumors about Crossroads potentially closing due to unfavorable reports about how the facility was being run.  The man who talked to them (I am assuming it was someone higher up in Safer Foundations which is the nonprofit company that runs Crossroads) said that the possible closing was based on a report from the John Howard Association.  He also said that if the facility is closed the "residents" may be able to go home on EHMs and that it would be in June.  My l/o is thinking that the signing of the state budget will play some factor in the end decision and he has his hopes up a great deal as the job search has been difficult and fruitless thus far. 

Does anyone know anything about this? What is the likelihood of the use of EHMs? What would their alternate plan be - there isn't room at any other ATCs so would they ship them back to Stateville?  Is there any way to find out more information (I have searched several sites to no avail & I'm hoping I'm missing something that you all might know about)? 

Thanks in advance! Glad to see IPT back online  :wc1:

Offline mserer

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Never mind - I sorta got my questions answered when I showed up for our visit this evening ..... and so did WGN News :/  They said that nothing had been officially stated (as with TAMMS) but that they had heard Crossroads was on the list.  Obviously the other questions are up in the air and we just have to wait and see.  If anyone hears anything, please don't hesitate to speak up :wc38:

Offline veracity

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
I just heard on Channel 5 news that Quinn is asking to close the ATC's and increase the use of electronic monitoring. It also said he was seeking to close Tamms & "the womens's prison in Dwight"

Offline tspot

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »
PLEASE HELP.  I'm in a panic; LO is going to Crossroads (leaving EM tomorrow told he's going to Statesville farm) and we no NOTHING about this location, rules, visiting, transportation, jobs, etc.  We were prepared for a different location and literally JUST found out.

Is it true he will be going from East Moline to Statesville "farm"?  Will he have stay at the 'farm' or immediately be shuttled to Crossroads being that it is only an hour away.  I was told shuttle vans are there and he transfers immediately to Crossroads.  I know better "don't believe 1/2 of what 'the system' tells us and other 1/2 is not true!  :)

Other issue I head is that Crossroads is known for sending most their guys back - revoking their work release for every little issue.  True? 

PLEASE - share any info you know or experience you have had.

Do they have "levels" to achieve visits, calls, how many months before home visits, etc.  Can I bring his clothing, personal items as soon as he gets there?

What is visiting like, the hours, the staff, etc.
Jobs - do the guys still go to Suncast in Batavia

I was prepared for Peoria, knew their rules and regs. - now, I'm losing my mind!

Offline mserer

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
Hi tspot - first of all, take a deep breath and relax.  Crossroads is not bad at all, my boyfriend has been there since December and it has been a relatively good experience (definitely better than where he came from). 

Your LO will go through Stateville farm but it should be very short, my bf was only there 4 days and then sent on to Crossroads.  We do not know of anyone being sent back for much of anything, they have the right to send people back to their parent facility (Stateville) but they are very tolerant of behavior issues.  At the same token, as with anywhere else in IDOC it is best for your LO to do as he is instructed. 

Yes, there are levels - he will start out with the first month in classes learning about how to apply for jobs, how to interview, and various other things.  If your LO doesn't have his GED he will be given an opportunity to earn it after the first month.  His goal is to get to level 4 which will mean he has a full time job and will be getting weekends at home.  Without a job (which is the ultimate challenge) he will get 1 hour shopping passes to go get his snacks (no more commisary) and he will get passes called JD's to go to job interviews. 

You will be able to bring his clothing and up to $50/cash (make sure you bring quarters for laundry and phones) - he gets a total of 3 drop offs while he is there.  I suggest going on Sunday to drop off his stuff when he first gets there (call for the hours as they change slightly from time to time).  Also, the first week they will let you go to all three of the visiting days, after that he will have one visiting day per week.  Most of the CO's there are pretty nice just ask anything you need to know. 

The jobs at Suncast Batavia have seriously cut hours so that is no guarantee so be prepared to help him start looking for a job.  He will be able to go to the computer lab a few times a week to look for jobs and check his email.  Please feel free to inbox me if you have any further questions or if I missed something

Offline mmeade11

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
Hello...I have a question. My LO is currently at Crossroads. He just completed the first Module. How long after completing the Module will he begin to receive his 3-4 hour passes to look for jobs? Do those passes begin immediately or do they have to wait a week or so after  completion to start getting passes for job search? He has access to the computer room now to look for opportunities. I would think the passes would begin immediately also. I'm confused! And I wanted to know so I can start lining some jobs up for him. Any input?

Offline merryparker04

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
Good Morning,

Just got a call from my husband with latest info.   He just a new picture and fingerprints taken and was told he will be on a bus Wednesday to
start work release.  Not sure which one yet but he wil be in Chicago.  Was also told they also are dealing with overcrowding so he might be
put on EHM.  Does anyone know when and if he will find out where he going before Wednesday?

Thank you

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Good Morning,

Just got a call from my husband with latest info.   He just a new picture and fingerprints taken and was told he will be on a bus Wednesday to
start work release.  Not sure which one yet but he wil be in Chicago.  Was also told they also are dealing with overcrowding so he might be
put on EHM.  Does anyone know when and if he will find out where he going before Wednesday?

Thank you

For security purposes, they may not tell him where he is going until he is in route!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline merryparker04

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
Me again,

Thanks for responding so fast.  Another question - how will I know where he is at?  Will he or someone notify me?  I am signed up for the Vine
service,will they let me know?  Sorry for all there questions, very new at this.

Thanks again.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »
Me again,

Thanks for responding so fast.  Another question - how will I know where he is at?  Will he or someone notify me?  I am signed up for the Vine
service,will they let me know?  Sorry for all there questions, very new at this.

Thanks again.

The day that he is transferred, keep checking the IDOC after 9PM, that is when they do their updates ..  VINE will let you know he has been moved, not sure if they will tell you where.

Don't be sorry, that is why this website is here, to help families through their journey with IDOC and their inmates :)

Offline JulieD618

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
Does anyone know if my bf is still in orientation, if they will let him have a Xmas pass? And he can spend the day out?

Offline 13ellis

• missing him....but he's doing great
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:13 AM »
GREAT NEWS, my LO just found out he got approved for work release! I'm looking for some recent info about Crossroads ATC which is where he is headed. Much of the info in this feed is from several years ago, and I'm especially wondering what might have changed since a year ago when they were threatening to close this ATC. Any info that anyone has would be much appreciated! Especially things like, can I mail his clothes to him since I live in another state? Are they ever allowed to be In a Car or only public transportation? What type of phone system do they have? Do I need a local number? For home passes, will they approve passes for him to his cousins house where he plans to parole? Does he need to have a landline at that location in order to be approved for passes? Sorry, it's a lot of questions... Thanks all!!
 :wc38: :wc30:

Offline butlerhall1

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Hi my L/O also just got approved for work release and is also headed to crossroads.  I am looking to see how long he will have to be at statesville farm before he will get a bed at Crossroads.  Has your L/0 made it to crossroads yet?  

I can answer a couple of your questions...Yes you do need a line land phone where you will go on passes and if someone wants to pick them up in a car they would have bring in there license and insurance and be approved. Does your

Offline 13ellis

• missing him....but he's doing great
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »
Hi my L/O also just got approved for work release and is also headed to crossroads.  I am looking to see how long he will have to be at statesville farm before he will get a bed at Crossroads.  Has your L/0 made it to crossroads yet?  

I can answer a couple of your questions...Yes you do need a line land phone where you will go on passes and if someone wants to pick them up in a car they would have bring in there license and insurance and be approved. Does your

My LO is there now! He was at stateville farm just 2weeks before heading to crossroads. :)  I have a lot of questions about the job search process and what kind of jobs they are allowed to look for. I've only spoken to my LO for a few minutes since he got there so he hasn't told me much. Any recent information would be much appreciated. Thanks!  :wc1:

Offline meems

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
 :wc7:my l/o was just transferred here, they get three drop off per time at crossroads. You can bring toiletries, no glass bottles, alcohol free everything, mouthwash, cologne etc. only Powder bleach and fabric detergent. Fingernail clippers without the curved hook that can be attached. 2 bath towels, hand towel, wash cloth. Clippers and shavers are ok. Twin size linens. Umbrellas irons ok. Clothes and under garments in sets of ten. Ten shirts, pants etc. quarters and dimes are useful for pay phone and vending machines. 50.00 per drop off. Bring the clear 32 or 36 quart clear Tupperware for their storing of items, if not, it's thrown in a gunny sack. L/o says it's fine, just taking classes and working out until his month is up and he can start applying for jobs there. The parking over here is sparse and the neighborhood leaves much to be desired, but c'est le vie. Just praying for good time. I go for visiting on Thursday and will update on how that goes.

Offline Sunnyhayward

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
:wc7:my l/o was just transferred here, they get three drop off per time at crossroads. You can bring toiletries, no glass bottles, alcohol free everything, mouthwash, cologne etc. only Powder bleach and fabric detergent. Fingernail clippers without the curved hook that can be attached. 2 bath towels, hand towel, wash cloth. Clippers and shavers are ok. Twin size linens. Umbrellas irons ok. Clothes and under garments in sets of ten. Ten shirts, pants etc. quarters and dimes are useful for pay phone and vending machines. 50.00 per drop off. Bring the clear 32 or 36 quart clear Tupperware for their storing of items, if not, it's thrown in a gunny sack. L/o says it's fine, just taking classes and working out until his month is up and he can start applying for jobs there. The parking over here is sparse and the neighborhood leaves much to be desired, but c'est le vie. Just praying for good time. I go for visiting on Thursday and will update on how that goes.

My husband is about to go to stateville farm and then to ATC. How has the process gone for your LO? My husband has been told that they are offering EHM quicker like after 30 days? Did this happen for your LO? I'm just trying to figure out how the process of going to ATC goes from someone who just had someone there rather than from other inmates who don't really know. He's been told a few different things about what goes on at ATC. Any information is appreciated!

Offline RDRlove

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
Hi,
My l/o is scheduled to be moved soon to Crossroads  :wc1: and is wondering what he will be allowed to take with him from Statesville as far as his property is concerned? Some are telling him that he will not be allowed to being anything with him. Does anyone know if he is allowed to bring anything with him?
Thanks   :wc38:
I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone...Then I knew it was my heart missing you :/

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:39 AM »
I would just give them a call and ask someone who works there. (773) 533-5000  Congrats to your L/O! I know your both excited!

Offline RDRlove

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice and the kind words  :wc1:
I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone...Then I knew it was my heart missing you :/

Offline teamduzman

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
Good morning I had read in your past post something about if you have a class x felony you have to apply directly to springfield. I was trying to see if you ever got the info on that. My LO will be under two years in feb. this is his first offense but he does have a class x armed violence. I have spoke to ppl who said he will qualify and some said he wont so idk

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
Good morning I had read in your past post something about if you have a class x felony you have to apply directly to springfield. I was trying to see if you ever got the info on that. My LO will be under two years in feb. this is his first offense but he does have a class x armed violence. I have spoke to ppl who said he will qualify and some said he wont so idk

All he can do is apply and see what happens.. He may qualify, but because the ATC's only hold so many inmates and more guys apply than what they have room for, many are denied.  Good Luck to him! He can talk to his counselor about the whole process. Springfield is the one that approves them.

Offline dimpelz22

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
how did your l/o know they got approved for work release
They will be told after Springfield approves them.

Offline Celibellie

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
Hello!
My BF just got moved to Stateville yesterday  to wait for an opening at Crossroads. Does anyone know how long the wait is & if they offer EHM still after 30 days? I know the post is old but I’m very curious to know. He mentioned someone who lest a week and a half ago is still waiting to be moved to Crossroads as well at Stateville so I’m starting to get anxious. Also, how does the phone situation work? Is it still payphones?wrekends at home still require home phone as well?!
Anything will help! Thanks I’m advance!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Hi Celibellie

I have attached a link to the JCAR site that discusses the levels and the associated privileges with each level.  I don't have any specific information how the going on's at each work release facility.  I have heard that you cannot have MP3 players, nor individual televisions and that you bunk in groups of 20.  But not for sure.

I do know that the warden at each facility has to approve you, than Springfield has to approve you and then you wait until a spot opens up.  I know of individuals that have waited 6 months to get into a work release facility after having been approved to go.

Hope this helps

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »

Offline Keke89

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
My l/o was just transferred to Stateville awaiting a bed at Crossroads. Can anyone speak to the amount of time he may need to wait there?

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
I'm currently in crossroads ATC. I got here back in April 2018. Back then most people would go to stateville one week and then the very next be transfered to crossroads. So he wont be there long. Normally the only exception if he is permanent party at crossroads. Basically if he has between 30-24 months left of his sentence then he will be permanent party there(at crossroads). If hes under 24 mo this then he is just normal work release.  Also dont get his Hope's up or nothing but today some people were called to their case managers(counselors) and I formed they were receiving some(or all) of the 6 months good time. So idk how that's really working yet. I was at work when other guys started calling me and letting me know. Anyways if you have any questions let me know.

Offline Keke89

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
I'm currently in crossroads ATC. I got here back in April 2018. Back then most people would go to stateville one week and then the very next be transfered to crossroads. So he wont be there long. Normally the only exception if he is permanent party at crossroads. Basically if he has between 30-24 months left of his sentence then he will be permanent party there(at crossroads). If hes under 24 mo this then he is just normal work release.  Also dont get his Hope's up or nothing but today some people were called to their case managers(counselors) and I formed they were receiving some(or all) of the 6 months good time. So idk how that's really working yet. I was at work when other guys started calling me and letting me know. Anyways if you have any questions let me know.

Thank you for the info! It's much appreciated as we are trying to navigate the next steps. He only has 6 months left. Do you happen to know what items he needs or can have? I'd like to get started on compiling them. Also, how was the job search? Are there any restrictions on the type of job he can get? 
How soon were you able to get visits and passes?

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
On Saturdays and sundays you can bring him his property. You can bring him clothes, hygiene, TV, 70 dollars, 20 dollars in quarters(he will need those for phone which doesnt allow collect calls, the washer/dryer, vending machines)(also the 70 dollars bring in singles so it's easier to get change). You can bring him alot of different items and he will get a free short call the day he gets here so he will let u know what he wants. You cant bring him food though.

He can work alot of different jobs but not like a bartender(obviously) or anything that requires driving. Hr can find his own job or he can go to one that crossroads has in its contacts. He wont have a problem finding a job.

He should be able to have visits the very next week he threre. Plus as soon as he gets money he can call u. These are pay phones so he can call whoever, there is no phone list like prison. Also idk where your at but if you dont have a 773 area code it can be costly to call you. If you dont have a 773 number then get on Google and set up a Google voice number. Basically you can get a 773 number that will be forwarded to your cell number. With a 773 number it will cost him 50 cents for the first 5 min and a quarter for every 5 min afterwards.  Once he gets a job he can then get a cell phone.

Passes work like this. The first 30 days there he isnt going anywhere except one staff accompanied trip to DMV to get his ID and a store run to Walmart. To get him started right have his social security card and birth certificate and mail it to him as soon as he gets to crossroads. With out those he cant get a ID and he will have to have that in order to be able to get a job. So if ue doesnt have em already try to get them asap.

So I explained the first 30 days as far as passes. The first 30 are boring and difficult just cause you hear people talking about going home on the weekend and seeing ppl go to work everyday. After the first 30 it gets better. The first 30 your in level 1(day 1-30)

Level 2 is day(30-90) on level 2 he can start working and he can take a 1hr unaccompanied store pass per week.

Level 3 is day 90-120. On level 3 he will be allowed (1) 6hr pass a week as well as either (2)12hr passes for that month or (1)48 hr pass to go home.

After the 1 month of level 3 he will be level 4(the highest level). On level 4 he will get (2)6hr passes per week and (1)72 hr pass per week.  I'm on level 4 and I will give you my schedule as an example:

Monday-Friday I have my work schedule from 5am-5pm
Passes wise:
-mon no pass
-Tues I get back from work at 4:30pm and go on a pass till 9pm
-weds I get off work at 4:30pm and go on a pass till 9pm
-thuraday I get to the center from work around 4:45pm and then wait till 7pm and then take my 72hr pass till Sunday night at 7pm.

So as you see once your on level 4 you basically never in the center except to sleep a few nights.  For him to take 72hr passes you will have to get a landline phone and come to the orientation they have every Tuesday. You will need a copy of the phone bill along with you ID with the correct address. Make sure you dont have call forwarding listed on the bill.

Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
2cimdma

Can a parent bring their LO a cell phone or does the inmate have to purchase one

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
As soon as he gets a cellphone box you can bring him one, mail him one, or he can buy it himself.