• February 20, 2019, 10:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Crossroads ATC  (Read 42031 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Crossroads ATC
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »
Post info here
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Peanuts

Re: Crossroads ATC
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:43:18 AM »

Crossroads Adult Transition Center

Opened: August 1983
*Operational Capacity: 330
Transitional Security Male
*Current Population: 326
Average Age: 31
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $21,467.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Tuesday through Thursday: 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Saturday: 6:00pm to 8:30pm, including Holidays
Sunday: 12:00pm to 8:00pm

For 3rd Floor Residents:
Tuesday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm

For 4th Floor Residents:
Wednesday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm

For 5th Floor Residents:
Thursday: 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Facility Address

Business Mail:
3210 West Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#

3210 West Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624

Phone: (773) 533-5000

Fax: (773) 533-0828

Facility Information

The Safer Foundation's Crossroads Adult Transition Center (ATC) mission is to reduce recidivism by supporting, through a full spectrum of services, the efforts of people with criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community. From the beginning, Crossroads adopted a philosophy that good programming is good security and good security is good programming. In practice that means that residents who are active in programs create far less security problems than those who are not, and where there is structure and order, programs can be effectively implemented.

The Safer Foundation's Crossroads ATC center has a 330-bed capacity and is located at 3210 W. Arthington, on the west side of Chicago. Crossroads ATC provides programming for residents at the point of entry. A series of comprehensive assessments is given to every resident. The results allow staff to develop effective programming to meet their needs. These programs are designed to provide skills, education, opportunities and resources in an attempt to reduce recidivism. The facility consists of one building with four community-style living units, which house general population offenders.

Inmate Programs

Academic:

GED (General Educational Development)
    Higher Educational Programs (off-site)

Vocational (off-site):

Culinary Arts
    Building Maintenance

Volunteer Services:

Literacy Services
    Religious Services
    Community Services 

Other:

Case Management Services
    Cognitive Therapies
    Mental Health Services
    Substance Abuse Treatment
    Family Support Services
    Job Readiness Skills
    Employment Retention Training
    Community Work Crews
    Anger Management
    Library
    Leisure Time Activity
    Life Skills
    Resource Room
    Employment Services
    Community Services
    Holiday Events
    Honor Program
    Internship

Offline KC

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »
How hard is it too get a bed there?

Offline muah

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
I am not an expert---but yes I do know it is hard.  I also do not believe you get to choose the facility.  I think you are sent to the one closest to your home....but do not quote me on that.

For mine he would be transferred to one of the three in Chicago.   Actually all three are within aprox a 2 mile radius of each other in west chicago.

Offline KC

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
when you get into work release and you get a job it's about a month before you get your first pass correct? Can you have your own clothes to wear when your in work release? When you get to come home for the first time can you take a train or bus or does someone have to come and get you ?

Offline muah

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
You probably have to go to get them.  You also have to show your land line phone bill and show that you do not have forwarded calls.  They do get to have their own clothes and have a list of what they can have.

When they get there they have a 30 day orientation.  After that they can get a job.  After they have worked 30 days and dont have any problems they will get passes that start at 12 hours and work up to weekends.

Offline Sweetie

• WHAT A WONDERFUL GOD WE SERVE!!!!!
  • CAN'T NOBODY DO YOU LIKE JESUS!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »
from my experience yes they can have their own clothes. You can either go get them or they can catch the bus but sometimes they get in trouble if they are caught getting in or out of a car so you should ask. Also they have vending machines so make sure you take rolls of change no loose change up there for snacks, phone calls etc. You can also take them clothes, shoes and personal hygiene stuff as well
GOD grant me the strength to change the things I can . Accept the things I cant and to have the sense to know the difference!

Offline KC

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
Ok So how long does it usually take to get a pass? And how long does it take for them to get a job? Also i dont have a phone line i have consolidated on my cellphone so will i still need consolidated for him to call me from there? I have to have a home phone? Also will i be able after a while for him to have a cellphone there?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
About a month the first pass they only out for 12 hours. Then they work they way up to 24 48 72 etc. They have to go out and find they're own job they get 3 and 4 hour passes to do that once they have been there for a month depending on they're behavior and the orientation. No you don't need consolidated anymore however I would advice you to get them a prepaid calling card, or the regular collect call charges will apply. You are going to need a house phone because once the overnight passes start they will call in the middle of the night to make sure he is where he said he was going. They will not accept a cell phone it has to be a landline. If you don't have a house phone he cannot come there because they will violate his parole and send him back. If you stay in Chicago I know a job that will hire him pretty much on the spot regardless of his background pm me if your interested and I will tell you the details and what steps you can take being on the outside.
GOD grant me the strength to change the things I can . Accept the things I cant and to have the sense to know the difference!

Offline KC

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
Yes Yes please do tell about the job i'm trying to help him as much as i can! Well i would rather pay a land line then consolidated lol there a pain! I'm not on her very much because i only have a computer at work and not at home . Do you have a other half that just got into wr? I would love to ask you more questions if you dont mind but could you e-mail me!

Offline KC

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »
 OK i have a question. When they get to the work release center . They are aloud to have cloths? And if i bring the cloths up to the center how long can i visit with him when i get there? Also after he starts coming home can they have a cellphone?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
The visit depends on when you get there you can stay for the whole visiting time if you want. You can either drop the clothes off and leave or visit that's if you come on they're visiting day. Drop offs is on certain days and certain hours it depends on what floor they are on. They CANNOT have cellphone under no circumstances! If he is caught with a cellphone he's going back.

Offline KC

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
 :choc:

when he gets to the center how long before i can bring him his cloths for interviews?

Offline Sweetie

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
You have to call and ask. However I believe once they get there you can start bringing they're things asap

Offline shawnssweetcheeks

• We will be together again
  • The love of my life
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »
do you know how long it will be for them to get 24 up to 72 hour passes and its' not nessarily WR close to home I'm 2hours and 30 minutes away.
Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight

Offline shawnssweetcheeks

• We will be together again
  • The love of my life
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
nevermind my husband got denied but it was nice to talk to you.
Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »
Hello..
I just spoke to my bf and he's at Vienna..
he believes that his work release was approved and that the first week of March they would transfer him to Crossroads...
would he know before hand?? I know ive heard they dont tell them where theyre going till thyey get there thats why I ask....
he said his counselor told him...
were live in TX so it couldnt be the facility closest to home unless he could transfer to TX which I highly doubt... & in regards of a job do they give him numbers he can call to get a job or are they on their own on that??
Thanks!

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »
Ok my boyfriend is going to crossroads this friday May 13, 2011 when/ how long will it take till he will get the 12 hour pass? Also I live in Bolingbrook Illinois & will be needing to use public transportation to get to crossroads can anyone tell me the right train & buses to take or how i can find out? Thank you sooooooo much 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
Ok my boyfriend is going to crossroads this friday May 13, 2011 when/ how long will it take till he will get the 12 hour pass? Also I live in Bolingbrook Illinois & will be needing to use public transportation to get to crossroads can anyone tell me the right train & buses to take or how i can find out? Thank you sooooooo much 

If you go back and read the posts in this very topic you posted in, you will get your answer for when they get their first 12 hour pass.  You should check the train schedules, Metra or Amtrak and find out if a train comes into the city and then take a cab to get to the facility, the address is listed in one of the first posts in this topic.

Here is a link to the Naperville Amtrak Station:   http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=am2Station&pagename=am%2Fam2Station%2FStation_Page&p=1237405732508&cid=1237405734876

Good Luck, hope you get to see your BF soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
I'm curious if anyone's LO is currently (or recently was) at Crossroads or North Lawndale ATC.  I'm wondering what types of jobs the guys are getting.....