• November 14, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237850 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2007, 07:01:43 PM »
How did you find us..IPT?  It's always nice to know how our members find out about us....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline que77

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »
I was looking at information on dixon springs just to see the difference between the two and came across the  site

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »
I'd like to first say welcome que77, and I would also like to ask a question and that is are there many that do 120 only or do most of them end up doing more days than expected. I was not called to be told he was approve , I called them and they told me he was approved. I have a book of letters ready to send and so do other family members  so what is considered immediate family. Also welcome home.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2007, 10:31:56 PM »
que77: Welcome to the board!

I graduated from Dixon Springs last September.  I heard you guys had it easier there in Duquoin :)

But feel free to pm me so we can trade thoughts on the differences/similarties.

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
que77,

Thanks so much for your info. It means so much to me and I'm sure a lot of us waiting or in suspense. Do you know how long it takes for them to receive a letter regular mail? I was mailing priority or express a whole lot when he was in S/V, but it gets very expensive to mail priority everyday. My brother did mention he waits for mail everyday and I had slacked it a little and he was pretty hurt. He also mentioned he got his first demerit and was so mad. He said he always keeps his mouth shut and does what he's supposed to. I don't doubt that at all cuz he wants to come home!! Is that normal? He says certain officers just want you to go to prison. Also what is "BLUES"? I'm sure it's a bootcamp term. He mentioned he got his blues so were anxious to know what that is. I appreciate any info you have. Oh also how are the visits? As far as pictures if we mail pictures for him to look at and send back is that a problem? We did once of his fiance and he did look at them but had to mail them back. I just don't want him to be in any trouble for this. How is the winter months there? Again I appreciate any info you can give me? Thank you, thank you & thank you in advance!!!!

././/
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline que77

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »
Most inmates go home in a 120 days ......there are also alot that don't .....but they brought it on themselves.....I'm not saying that there ain't some c/o's that will ride you...But if you maintain you'll be going home in 120... Don't expect the state of illinois to tell you anything......
immediate family is ....mother/father/sister/brother... anyone can send letters just not pictures (unless immediate family)

Now im not going to FLEX THE BOOT CAMP MUSCLE but ....we had a transfer from dixon springs and he absolutely hated it at duquoin...
when we were there we didn't have that 1 scoop 2 scoop etc......they might now but we didn't then and families complained about it.....
you have to remember dixon springs is the token boot camp....Duquoin is the youngest  boot camp........So they have something to prove...
so in my research and talking to some of the individuals that graduated dixon springs ...you had it better than us

Offline que77

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »
I wont use the word harder being in a controlled enviroment period is hard.....Especially getting yelled at all day........ P.T. to death......We had what was called .....twork sessions.....no its not a typo they are called twork sessions .........they bring out yellow jump suits ( quitter suits)

and they quit people .....If they give you a direct order .......and you don't follow protocol you are in failure with compliance of the rules and regulations of iip and they will quit you .....

Offline que77

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »
Dont use priority mail ......all that means is your mail gets to pickneyville corrections faster they still have to go through it......
So it will get there when they want it to .....Now sometimes you will get demerits when you didn't do anything its just how it goes....

tell him don't get discouraged....I left on my first set of cards with six shots left.........he'll be fine.....

When you first get to boot camp you are in white jumpsuits and they call you ghosts........Then two weeks later you get your blues .........which is your uniform....and thats when you can disappear...........the night before i left ...I had a c/o ask me "are you graduating" i said "yes" he said
"who the f@#$ are you " I said " exactly sir" he said "f@$%in right ....lolol

when your ghosts the officers mess with you bad .........thats your tear down period......This co bailey is a beast
he treats ghost ...........every day .....all night ........but once you get your blues its all good

My last sixty were cool i worked in clothing and had it easy as pie.....

Offline que77

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2007, 04:36:54 PM »
I would not suggest sending him pictures to send back because he has to pay for that.....and there going to wake him up in the middle of the night .....to ask him who these people are ......and that gives the night c/o a chance to mess with him and thay will......

Offline que77

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »
The winter months are a little milder than they are up north cold but not super cold....everyday is different

Offline gettingby

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2007, 07:09:18 PM »
que77,

Can you explain twork sessions? What are they, how are they administered? Also, please explain the whole demerit thing. How do they get them, what does it mean if they get one?
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline que77

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »
Sorry i could have explained that a little better ....... A twork session .......is any where from 2 to 4 hours of non stop p.t. failure to do p.t. correctly will be considered failure to obey a direct order which also means failure to comply with the rules and regulations of I.I.P which means they quit you and you lose a day or three... which means 120 + days in the program

Offline que77

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »
usually they happen because there is an abundance of Disobedience in the dorms people fighting and talking without permission

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
Hello
I would like to ask a question about TWORK. Is this apart of the program or is this a punishment?
It sounds like torcher.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2007, 06:03:45 PM »
que77,

Thanks you so much. I will pass on some info to my brother. You are awesome! Thanks for info. It means the world to me and my family. Greatly appreciated!!!! Beleive me I'll probably have a million more questions come up. Thanks again.

./.// ?>?>?>
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »
I have also passed on some of this information, but I do hope that I did not give him to much information and he does not get his mail. He is still waiting to go to boot camp as of today, which is now wayyy past 90 days. This is just crazy. kdirt

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
loretjord7,

If he's past his 90 days it shouldn't be to much longer for sure. My brother was in there for almost 4 months, but if he doesn't have any holds he should move soon. I know the wait after those 30 days is eternal. It is very unfair, but hope is all we have. Keep prayin!

?>?>?>

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:56 AM »
I am praying for this week to be the week. That is all I can do but the mothering in me is just about to loose it. Some times i feel like it is something I did for my prayers to be answered so far apart. But I have to ask the Lords forgiveness every day just for thinking like that. My prayers go out to all of you and all the men and women that have taken the wrong path and thatthe Lords sets them on the right path because it is not just them who is going through this. I pray for strength and courage. Please pray for me.

Offline que77

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »
No need to thank me its more than my pleasure to help ease your minds

if i dont get to answer your questions right away i apologize im extremely busy

twork sessions are punishment.............. which punishment is part of the program

torcher nah tiring yes........torcher is what all of you endure for not knowing what your loved ones are going through

rest assure they will be home soon

Offline michelle

• my baby boy gregory
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2007, 10:16:22 PM »
I finally had my visit with my son this past sunday, it went very well, no problems with anyone. The CO'S were really nice and very gentle with my 4 yr old daughter, while patting her down.My son looked vey well. DQIIP is a pretty small place not what i exspected at all. Is there any one going that way this weekend Sunday nov 11. I would love to go see my son again, dont have a car to go my self. This was the first time i had seen him in 7 months. I really miss him. He is coming home Nov. 28, 2007. I cant wait. If I could ride with someone i could help with gas etc. I live in Champaign- Urbana Illinois. If someone could let me know.