• November 14, 2018, 04:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237842 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
-- can someone tell me what the deal is with the new pictures of an inmate on the IDOC website? Do they just redo their picture when they're gonna be released soon? How far ahead of time do they update their pictures before they get released? Thanks!

Is your LO in bootcamp?

Inmates get new pictures taken if their appearance changes (cut hair short, shave off beards) moved from facilities and for other reasons, one being if they are going to be released, a new picture is taken sometime before they are released, no set dates, as each facility handles this at their own pace.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline WaitingNotSoPatiently

« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
Yeah, I have a LO there. Supposed to be getting released in like three weeks or so. I just noticed that the picture that's up now is different than the original. He's wearing blue now with orange streaked across the shoulders, which is different than the original picture.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #462 on: July 15, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
Yeah, I have a LO there. Supposed to be getting released in like three weeks or so. I just noticed that the picture that's up now is different than the original. He's wearing blue now with orange streaked across the shoulders, which is different than the original picture.

His new clothes are the bootcamp issues and they probably updated his photo because he is almost done with the program and ready to be released.

The best to him on his release and parole, glad it's almost over.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline scaredmama

« Reply #463 on: September 04, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
Our son got to Duquoin on August 21st. I've read almost everything on this site. Can you tell me when we can expect a letter from him.  He was in county for 3 months and the letters helped me to get thru this difficult time for a Mother. His wife and adorable son are waiting as well. We have been writing to encourage him. We know that he can do it!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #464 on: September 04, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
Our son got to Duquoin on August 21st. I've read almost everything on this site. Can you tell me when we can expect a letter from him.  He was in county for 3 months and the letters helped me to get thru this difficult time for a Mother. His wife and adorable son are waiting as well. We have been writing to encourage him. We know that he can do it!

Usually they try to send out a half page letter after they are there for 2 weeks. It's a short letter, but it lets you know that they are at BC and they are OK. Congrats on him making it into the Program.
 :wc6:

Glad you found the website informational.

Blessings.
 :wc71-1:

Offline AuntK

« Reply #465 on: September 04, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
scaredmama you will receive that letter soon. It will be short, and to the point. I hope you have read all about the introduction to boot camp. The 20 second shower, and the 20 second hair cut. Your l/o will not look good in that photo. But, it will be the best option for a new life he has every had.  They have to work very hard, and can't call for 60 days. 30 days you get more letters. We sent letters everyday. My l/o is about to graduate. He did it in the 120 days. No extra time. He is still on his first demerit book. He was very motivated to return to his little girl. We sent so many encouraging letters. Nothing but good news, love, and support. Birthday card, holiday cards...signed by family and friends. Always reminded him we are here for support, but he had to do the hard work. I would love to help you with any questions!

Offline inneed

« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »
Can someone please help? I'm not sure how all this goes but just needing some answers. My boyfriend and the father of my month old child is being sentenced to 4 mo bootcamp. I know nothing or where to even start. Can he receive mail in Menard when waiting to go to bootcamp? And once hes there I'm only the mother of his child will I be able to visit? and if not how do I go about letting someone else bringing our daughter to come see him? Also the physical and mental physicals what dose that consist of? Hes 31 yrs old and have not took the best care of himself through the years. And as far as the phone calls go...dose it have to be a landline? will he even be able to write or call me since I'm not immediate family? and is there a round about time he will be in receiving till he gets to bootcamp?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »
scaredmama you will receive that letter soon. It will be short, and to the point. I hope you have read all about the introduction to boot camp. The 20 second shower, and the 20 second hair cut. Your l/o will not look good in that photo. But, it will be the best option for a new life he has every had.  They have to work very hard, and can't call for 60 days. 30 days you get more letters. We sent letters everyday. My l/o is about to graduate. He did it in the 120 days. No extra time. He is still on his first demerit book. He was very motivated to return to his little girl. We sent so many encouraging letters. Nothing but good news, love, and support. Birthday card, holiday cards...signed by family and friends. Always reminded him we are here for support, but he had to do the hard work. I would love to help you with any questions!

What Auntk is saying is the best thing anyone can do to help get their LO through this difficult program.

Most important advice is Follow ALL the Rules and things will go a lot more smoother and get them to that Graduation Day.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Can someone please help? I'm not sure how all this goes but just needing some answers. My boyfriend and the father of my month old child is being sentenced to 4 mo bootcamp. I know nothing or where to even start. Can he receive mail in Menard when waiting to go to bootcamp? And once hes there I'm only the mother of his child will I be able to visit? and if not how do I go about letting someone else bringing our daughter to come see him? Also the physical and mental physicals what dose that consist of? Hes 31 yrs old and have not took the best care of himself through the years. And as far as the phone calls go...dose it have to be a landline? will he even be able to write or call me since I'm not immediate family? and is there a round about time he will be in receiving till he gets to bootcamp?

Unfortunately You will not be able to visit..only immediate Family.So maybe one of his immediate Family members could help you out and take the child, but it does have to be an IMMEDIATE family member. They will also have to get permission to visit and proof from you that it's OK to bring your child to the camp.
You will have to set up a phone account to receive calls. I do know that they will be allowed to call the first time for free, HOWEVER it's only for like 2 minutes so it's best that you already have this set up.

Welcome to IPT please read some of these topics as it will help you better understand what You should expect and all the rules.

Good Luck and give a shout out if you get stuck.
Blessings. :wc71-1:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=1513.0

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=35.0

Offline AuntK

« Reply #469 on: September 08, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »
inneed, if he is just being sentenced you will have plenty of time to write to him while waiting for BC. He will be able to write you, and call you. It is a very scary time for all incoming. It is a hard time because living the life as a prisoner is not easy. I firmly believe this gives the guys a reality check. If you have the chance for BC work hard; if you don't you will be back in that environment. My l/o worked while in RNC, collecting food trays. He also worked out, as much as he could to try to get himself into shape for BC. He went in weighing 190#. He started his journey in county jail in January 2013. March he entered NRC, it takes some time for the letters, but they will come. Get busy setting up a phone account with SECURUS. Any loved one that he might want to call. He will make a phone # list, your account must be active for him to call. Land line is not necessary. All of our phone calls were received on cell phones. Immediate family is only at BC, and that is visiting. While your l/o is waiting you can send pictures, and books, and puzzles. We sent all of the above, and more. But, it is all boxed up when they are sent to BC, it is very different from RNC. They will be able to write half a page to tell you they have arrived. By this time they will have gone through a lot. Shaved head, and 20 second shower. When they are allowed visitors, it was exactly 60 days that My sister brought her granddaughter to see her Dad. She had her birth certificate, and a letter from her mom, notarized, (not sure if that is important) stating that she was allowed to bring the child. That was in July, it all takes time. His mother has not seen him since that visit. We live pretty far away. But we will be there to pick him up for graduation. And, even Aunt K gets to go. So excited to meet this new man. Good luck to you. Read all you can here. I found IPT early on, and it has helped us, so much. I look forward to helping you in the future. God Bless!

Offline dwendt

« Reply #470 on: September 18, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »
 :wc38: I want to thank IPT for everything they do here. It's helped me so much through this time while my LO has been in DQIIP. Very informative and easy to navigate. My LO will be graduating in 2 weeks and a wake up. I'm jumping for joy to say the least. Any newcomers here to IPT please read through all the posts, you will find answers to all your questions and many will set your mind at ease.

IPT it's a great thing you've got going here and again, I thank you for all you do <3

Offline AuntK

« Reply #471 on: September 18, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »
We picked up our l/o today from DQIIP! Graduation consisted of 13 guys. Big crowd in the waiting area. Arrived at 8 a.m., CO's met us at our vehicle, we handed our ID's, and they searched the car. All very nice people, commented on the long drive we had. Then we went inside to sign in, and show our ID's again. Waited until, 8:35. Then they said ok everyone, follow us ... and then the graduation. We heard there marching before we saw them. It was very emotional for us. Then one by one they come around the corner. Get their paper work; hand shakes, and congratulations.  Then running out  is the best part! Again we had to wait in the visiting area, but our l/o was the first through the door. Property in hand, hugs and kisses. And out the door. L/o kept saying, this doesn't seem real. Long drive home, but we are all so happy. Congratulations to your l/o! It takes a lot of hard work.

Offline jaf

« Reply #472 on: September 18, 2013, 10:27:54 PM »
We picked up our l/o today from DQIIP! Graduation consisted of 13 guys. Big crowd in the waiting area. Arrived at 8 a.m., CO's met us at our vehicle, we handed our ID's, and they searched the car. All very nice people, commented on the long drive we had. Then we went inside to sign in, and show our ID's again. Waited until, 8:35. Then they said ok everyone, follow us ... and then the graduation. We heard there marching before we saw them. It was very emotional for us. Then one by one they come around the corner. Get their paper work; hand shakes, and congratulations.  Then running out  is the best part! Again we had to wait in the visiting area, but our l/o was the first through the door. Property in hand, hugs and kisses. And out the door. L/o kept saying, this doesn't seem real. Long drive home, but we are all so happy. Congratulations to your l/o! It takes a lot of hard work.

Wow! Sounds like you had a great day.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Offline inneed

« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2014, 02:08:09 AM »
my lo is in quoin BC we are finally gettin a visit i know this might seem like a silly question but when visiting do we go to the bootcamp grounds or pickneyville prison?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:43 AM »
my lo is in quoin BC we are finally gettin a visit i know this might seem like a silly question but when visiting do we go to the bootcamp grounds or pickneyville prison?

Go to this page and call the # of the camp and ask them directly.  Remember that ONLY immediate family can visit.

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/duquoinIIP.aspx

Offline tmt2

« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2014, 03:13:56 AM »
Happy Labor day weekend everyone! I was wondering if anyone else missed a call today from their LO @ Duquoin? I was with his daughter and she was really hoping to speak with him and it was a huge disappointment when he didn't call. I checked for a lockdown but nothing. Maybe he just lost his privilege, which makes me even more worried about him  :wc14: I hope he's okay.  :wc17: Anyone else miss a call? 

Offline Meemawx5

« Reply #476 on: March 30, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
Hello All,
I am new to IPT and found a wealth of information on this website, thank you in advance!!! My l/o will have his final plea hearing in April and they have offered BC. I have a couple questions; 1) Once they get to R&C how long does that usually take until they are sent to where they are going; 2) If awarded the BC, is there a set schedule on the 120-180 day rotation, how do you know when they will get in? (I'm assuming they go to the parent facility and remain on a regular block until they go to BC?)
Thanks in advance on any information!!!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #477 on: March 30, 2015, 05:52:16 PM »
Hello and Welcome to IPT Meemawx5    :wc12:   ..

Due to the over crowding it is taking a little longer than normal. it could take anywhere from 61 to 120 days before they are sent to their Parent Institute. Once they are there it could take up to another 30 plus days.

Even if a LO is ordered to go to BC doesn't mean they will be going. The Physical they give to each inmate is both Physical and Emotional. If they do not feel the inmate can take it they will not allow them through.

You can track them my using the Inmate Locator at the top of the website.

Once they get there they will be given a half sheet of paper and about 3 minutes to write and tell you that they made it into boot camp and when you can expect a phone call/ visits. You will find a lot of valuable information visiting the BC board. The first call you get will be short and direct. Try not to ask to many questions as there is always someone standing there listening and they ( the inmates) are given instructions not to talk about anything.

Also keep in mind they have up to 120 to 180 to complete the Program.

Write to your LO as this is what is going to help him get through the Program.

Good Luck and Again Welcome to IPT.

Angela  :wc71-1:

Offline Meemawx5

« Reply #478 on: March 31, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
 :wc38:
All this help is greatly appreciated!!

Offline rosyplz

« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »
Hello Everyone!
My LO is at Sateville NRC and has been there 24 days.  :wc17:
Would anyone possibly know a number I can call and ask if he was accepted to boot camp?
I was reading on some posts that I could so I called Stateville twice however, a random lady  (who didn't identify her department or herself) told me I couldn't know about that? Yet, when I called the 1st time I was told I had to speak to a councilor. Would I have to call the boot camp directly or is there another number? I'm so anxious to know if he'll get accepted, it's pretty stressing. I've been praying he does.  :wc17: