• November 14, 2018, 04:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237837 times)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
I don't know the whole story but my son was moved from dixon springs to du quoin last week to finish his last 30 days of bootcamp. So, what address should I use to get directions to du quoin?
Is it the business mail address?

Thanks,

Jen

I'm not sure as to which direction you will be coming from so, you can put this address in and it will get you there. If you go on the side where the horses are kept you keep going straight until you see the Camp on the left side. Make sure that you don't get there too early as they are strict about the rules and will make you come back until it's time to visit.

Good Luck and Safe travels.

:wc71-1:

Du Quoin State Fair grounds.
655 Executive Dr, Du Quoin, , IL 62832

Offline Shiremom

« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2013, 01:49:45 PM »
Thanks! When we go we'll be picking him up. What time should we get there for graduation? I know it starts at 830. I will drive down the night before so we don't have to worry about being late.

Offline Down Chick

« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
Hi guys my boyfriend is in Bootcamp for three weeks and I have not received a letter. Should I be concerned. I know they have to wait 2 weeks before they can write, but geez im trying to stay strong

Offline Down Chick

« Reply #443 on: April 26, 2013, 12:21:04 AM »
 :wc96: through my reading of reviews I have discovered that I have done everything wrong. I have sent very  sexy pics , cursed my butt of in my letters, sent over 70 pictures in the first 2 weeks. you name it I did it. I feel horrible :wc62:. the thought that I could have caused any extra trouble and embarrassment is heart breaking. it wont happen again i know that much....

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Thanks! When we go we'll be picking him up. What time should we get there for graduation? I know it starts at 830. I will drive down the night before so we don't have to worry about being late.

Usually you are to be there around 8:05 to 8:15 am. You will still need to be checked in so give yourself plenty of time. I Hope you get some nice Weather for the Graduation. Congrats on his homecoming.

Angela  :wc71-1:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »
:wc96: through my reading of reviews I have discovered that I have done everything wrong. I have sent very  sexy pics , cursed my butt of in my letters, sent over 70 pictures in the first 2 weeks. you name it I did it. I feel horrible :wc62:. the thought that I could have caused any extra trouble and embarrassment is heart breaking. it wont happen again i know that much....

Hang in there is will be OK   :wc30:   . But to avoid further problems try to take some time a look over the Boot Camp Board. It will give the strict guidelines (do's and don'ts that these gals/ guys have to go through. Know that it is just as hard on them as it is you and THE Both of you will get through this Tough Journey.  Also keep in mind that if some of the letters are too bad they will not forward them on to your LO.
My X-Husband sent my son a letter that wasn't up to their standards and he was woke up in the middle of the night to do PT's (Physical Therapy) and get yelled at. Needless to say he let my X know not to write him anymore just come for visits.
One of my little saying's "It has to get worst before it can get better".

Hang in there and G0D BLESS

Offline tessakay

« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:36 AM »
Hi. I just wanted to add that everything Angela has stated about the strictness in letters has been absolutely correct!  No swear words at all, no mention of anything possibly illegal, alcohol, drugs, no song lyrics, letters can't be "too long" , no lipstick or anything on outside of envelope.

Re: Visits:  We arrived 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time and they said we couldn't be there until the visit time or at the most 5 minutes before the visit. They were very nice about it- we were the only visitor for the entire camp.  By the time they completed our paperwork ( first time there), searched the car completely and we were processed it took up 15 minutes of our visit.
Vending machines take cash only and you can take in $20 only. Sodas, and snack items only. I am sure my son had a belly ache when we left! Three candy bars, 2 bags of chips, Mt Dew, 2 cinnamon rolls.
It was wonderful to see him and very emotional- needless to say.
We are down to the 30 day mark!! What a journey...Thanks for all of the great advice on here!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
 :wc6:  tessakay on your visit.

Glad to hear that they are still courteous like they were before.

Funny how we as parents always steer them away from the junk food, but in these circumstances we buy them the junk so they can eat.

Blessings and Congrats on your Journey almost being over.

Offline WaitingNotSoPatiently

« Reply #448 on: May 22, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »
Hey, all. I've spent a bunch of time reading thru literally all the posts on this thread and I've seen my question before, but I want to make sure that nothing has changed since a considerable amount of time has elapsed since the last time it was mentioned.

1. How often do they receive our mail to them? I've sent a lot of letters, lol.
2. Can anyone speak from experience about how often they received a letter from their LO?
3. Was there a typical day you usually received mail from them on? Like every Monday? Every Wednesday?

My LO got to Du Quoin around April 1st. I sent him a letter right around the same time. A MONTH and a half later, on May 15th, I got my first letter back and it was dated May 1st. What's the hold up here?!?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #449 on: May 23, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »
Hello and  :wc12:  WaitingNotSoPatiently

They get the mail after it is searched through.

I'm not sure on how long it is taking to get letters from them, but keep in mind they are still going through a tough program and it takes a lot out of them, so writing is only done in their free time (which they have very little of). I literally wrote my son EVERY Day and that is what helped him get through the program. I too felt like I should be getting more letters than what I did. I also visited every weekend he was approved for visits (this also helped all of us get through the program).

No certain day as to when you would get a letter.

Hopefully someone who still has a LO in the Program can maybe give you a better idea on the receiving the mail from them.

Hang in There it will all work out for the best.

Blessings  Angela   :wc71-1:

« Reply #450 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »
Hey. Just wanted to report that I got another letter back! It seems like the communication lines have opened up and that it takes about five days for our letters to get to each other, in case anyone is interested to know.

I have another question, though. My LO asked if I would send him some dress out clothes for when he graduates soon. He asked for a plain tee, shorts, and a hat (since he'll be bald when he leaves, lol). Is there any requirements for these dress out clothes (specifically, the hat, since that's the only thing he asked for that wouldn't be a solid color)?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance:)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »
Dress out clothes for coming home must be sent through the mail 1 month in advance. They w ill not store the items any longer than that. You can always call to make for sure. I wouldn't send  anything to expensive as things have the tendency to disappear. My sons Nike Shock Tennis shoes disappeared when it came time for him to leave. They said that they would send the money to replace them (I had to submit the receipt ) and yet I still got nothing sent to me.

They don't really care what they leave home in as long as it's appropriate then things should go smooth.

Good Luck and congrats   :wc6:

Offline bjason

« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
I believe im going to be sent to boot camp july 1st a lot of this info is helpful my question is, how is the food in there?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:55 PM »
I believe im going to be sent to boot camp july 1st a lot of this info is helpful my question is, how is the food in there?

Welcome to IPT!  Good luck on your time in bootcamp, stay positive and know you can do it!  Hope all goes well for you.

From what others have said, the food is better in camp than it was in Receiving and Classification, which is the hard part, waiting to get a spot in BC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline bjason

« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:55 PM »
thank you!! yea im not ready im worried about my fiancé and our kids. a guy I was locked up with just went to boot camp this week he was only in receiving 3 weeks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
thank you!! yea im not ready im worried about my fiancé and our kids. a guy I was locked up with just went to boot camp this week he was only in receiving 3 weeks

Be sure you tell your LO about this site, where she can get the support and knowledge about your journey that she is going to need.  Your family on the outside, if they will write and support you, will give you the strength to get through the program.  It's a tough program, but if you do what you are suppose to, work hard, it pays off, you won't have to spend your sentence in a system that is very overcrowded right now. Anyone awarded the opportunity to go to BC should consider themselves lucky and work hard to make it work.

They just opened a third bootcamp, so they are moving guys much quicker than they did last year.  The average wait last summer was 120 days!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline bjason

« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
o I didn't know that so that's good this site is awesome! I have a probation warrant in another county so im worried about that too my lawyer thinks he can get it taken care of but ya never know for sure. I hate to take this plea then get refused bc

Offline bjason

« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
where is the new one at

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »
o I didn't know that so that's good this site is awesome! I have a probation warrant in another county so im worried about that too my lawyer thinks he can get it taken care of but ya never know for sure. I hate to take this plea then get refused bc

You better get that taken care of before you go in, or it will/may affect your time spent getting into BC or not getting in.  The new camp is  Greene County (work camp) affiliated with Jacksonville Prison.

« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »
Hey, all -- can someone tell me what the deal is with the new pictures of an inmate on the IDOC website? Do they just redo their picture when they're gonna be released soon? How far ahead of time do they update their pictures before they get released? Thanks!