• November 14, 2018, 04:45:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237858 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #420 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
When sending letters to Du Quoin to you put Du Quoin IIP with the same address as pinckneyville? I was just wonder I have sent a few letters out already I am just afraid that he hasn't gotten them, because I just put the p.o box address and that he was in bc. So I don't know if he got the letters or not.

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
P.O. Box 999
Pinckneyville, IL 62274

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=8018.0

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/duquoinIIP.aspx
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Joboni1

« Reply #421 on: September 22, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
Hello
I was wondering when can I expect an actually letter from my lo who at boot camp?  He's parents got the first letter with the rules. How does the mail work at Duquion? How often do they get mail and how often can they send mail?
Any answers will help... Thanks :)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #422 on: September 22, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Whenever your LO can buy writeouts then I would guess that is when you will receive your letter?

Mail is not delivered to Du Quoin, DOC sends CO's to go and get it about 3 times a week... not sure if it is still the same due to trying to cut cost down.

Hang in there it will all be worth it at the end.
Blessings your way    :wc71-1:

Offline Tinylittleapple

« Reply #423 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
My lo has been in bc for about 3 weeks now. I've been writing every day and I hope he's been getting the letters. I know they are strict about the content of the letters and I can't write anything profane or sexual or reference alcohol or substances, and if he does receive letters with such content, he'll be disciplined. I am playing by the rules, of course, but I'm wondering if I can write terms of endearment and x's and o's and hearts and all that stuff. I'm sure it's fine, but I'd hate for him to suffer because I was trying to be cutesy in a letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

:wc101: Thank you!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
You are correct on them screening their letters.

My son was woke up in the middle of the night with CO's screaming in his face and making him do exercises,all because his father wrote a letter that they didn't approve of. I would just tell your LO how much he is missed,loved and how proud you are of him.

Best Wishes.  :wc71-1:

Offline Patiently waitN

« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
Hello everyone, I wouldn't say I'm new to ipt because I have been reading since my lo entered the system which was 3/31/2012. He was at the county jail for a month then transferred to SV where he stayed for a little over 3 months before being transferred to Graham to wait for bc. He arrived at bc on 9/16/2012. He is coming up to his 60th day and his exit date is 1/16/2012. I have been flooding him with letters of encouragement and he has been calling every Saturday since he was allowed! I really appreciate this site because it has helped him and I a lot through this ordeal. You guys are the best and without you all I would have been cluess to so much! Now we are continuing to take it one day at a time, counting down to the day HE'S back in my arms! 😪

Offline jaf

« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I wouldn't say I'm new to ipt because I have been reading since my lo entered the system which was 3/31/2012. He was at the county jail for a month then transferred to SV where he stayed for a little over 3 months before being transferred to Graham to wait for bc. He arrived at bc on 9/16/2012. He is coming up to his 60th day and his exit date is 1/16/2012. I have been flooding him with letters of encouragement and he has been calling every Saturday since he was allowed! I really appreciate this site because it has helped him and I a lot through this ordeal. You guys are the best and without you all I would have been cluess to so much! Now we are continuing to take it one day at a time, counting down to the day HE'S back in my arms!

Well, welcome to the posting part -  maybe there will be things that you've learned about BC that you can post to help future freaked out loved ones!

Offline Patiently waitN

« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »
Thanks, and as soon as he gets out and fills my head with all the information on bootcamp I will be sure do inform others because as you know while my lo is still there he can't give me all the juicy details! I was think for anyone who has been to the graduation to pick up their lo do they ask for insurance for the car being driven and has anyone driven down there without license because I don't have license but I drive and I want to avoid any complication. So need be I will just get my friend to accompany me on the ride to pick up my lo! Because I would hate to get down there and get in trouble...any info will be greatly appreciated!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2012, 06:45:56 AM »
They do NOT ask for your insurance card, but there is a first time for everything.....

I would NOT advise you driving there as they will ask for your DL and if you can't provide one (and you are driving) they will have someone come pick you up and you will be ticketed. I have seen this done before!

Take a driver this will be the best for everyone involved.... including your LO in BC.

Good Luck and Best Wishes   :wc71-1:

Offline Desiree94

« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
my l/o officially have 59 days left..Do anybody happen to know, when will he find out if he's going to be on house arrest or not?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
my l/o officially have 59 days left..Do anybody happen to know, when will he find out if he's going to be on house arrest or not?

DOC will tell him when they go over all of his Rules,Regulations and or Restrictions. Plus the PO will let you know everything when he comes to visit. They came to hook up my sons monitor before the PO even came to see him once he got home. It was only a few days apart, but you don't leave until the PO tells you that you can.  Try not to stress .... (I know it's hard) but it will all work out!

Blessings    :wc71-1:

Offline tessakay

« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2013, 05:11:56 PM »
I've read that the guys can have white tennis shoes at Duquoin Bootcamp- should I wait for when my son requests it ( he told me before he got there) or go ahead and have them shipped there? Also, what about insoles?
Thanks for your help!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
I've read that the guys can have white tennis shoes at Duquoin Bootcamp- should I wait for when my son requests it ( he told me before he got there) or go ahead and have them shipped there? Also, what about insoles?
Thanks for your help!

Welcome to IPT    :wc12:   

Yes, You can go ahead and send them as long as you do know that he is there. Just a FYI....They can only be WHITE shoes, not sure if anyone told you that or not? Yes, you can put the inserts inside. I sent some that needed to be trimmed off and they rejected them as the inmates are not allowed to use scissors to cut them down to fit insode the shoes. Good Luck   :wc71-1:

Offline tessakay

« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Thank-you!   He is there   as of this past week ( finally!)  after a 4 month wait at Stateville.
I read something that even the soles have to be white??
Thanks again!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
Thank-you!   He is there   as of this past week ( finally!)  after a 4 month wait at Stateville.
I read something that even the soles have to be white??
Thanks again!

:wc11:

Offline tessakay

« Reply #435 on: February 23, 2013, 03:55:02 PM »
One other question about the shoes:
 I ordered them and now have them. But wanted to see if there was any special way that I need to send them?  With the box/without? In a package rather than a box etc..  Don't want to take any chance on him not getting them.
Also- should I write his name on them anywhere?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #436 on: February 23, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »
One other question about the shoes:
 I ordered them and now have them. But wanted to see if there was any special way that I need to send them?  With the box/without? In a package rather than a box etc..  Don't want to take any chance on him not getting them.
Also- should I write his name on them anywhere?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes,You can send them in the Original Box and definitely write his Inmate # on them. ANYTHING going to the IDOC should always have the Inmates name / Number on it.

Best Wishes,

:wc71-1:

Offline tessakay

« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »
 :wc38: 
Thank you so much. I will have them in the mail tomorrow.
I haven't received my first letter with the rules or note yet- so a little bummed ( he's been there since 2/11). I know its hard there and he needs to focus on the task at hand so thats okay.
After mailing the shoes, my focus is getting the new phone account set up for Securus so I know I can get that first phone call ! I don't want to risk any problems with it coming through. The call will be important to me but most importantly he needs that contact with us.
Thanks again Angela!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
:wc38: 
Thank you so much. I will have them in the mail tomorrow.
I haven't received my first letter with the rules or note yet- so a little bummed ( he's been there since 2/11). I know its hard there and he needs to focus on the task at hand so thats okay.
After mailing the shoes, my focus is getting the new phone account set up for Securus so I know I can get that first phone call ! I don't want to risk any problems with it coming through. The call will be important to me but most importantly he needs that contact with us.
Thanks again Angela!

:wc11:

Offline Shiremom

« Reply #439 on: March 25, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
I don't know the whole story but my son was moved from dixon springs to du quoin last week to finish his last 30 days of bootcamp. So, what address should I use to get directions to du quoin?
Is it the business mail address?

Thanks,

Jen