• November 14, 2018, 04:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237846 times)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »
He should have given them (IDOC) all of the information for Paroling to your house. I know that my son submitted everything,then the PO called about 1 month after he went into BC,came to the house looked things over gave us the rules and then came back once he was back home.He was given his guidelines at that time,and a lady showed up 3 days later to hook up the ankle monitor and gave him movement.

I'm not sure what is going on with your LO as it almost sounds like someone is dropping the ball somewhere. I personally would start with the counselor? Just a suggestion. Best of Luck to you.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
How do they get money to get on the bus after graduation ?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »
How do they get money to get on the bus after graduation ?

They buy them a ticket with the money in their trust accounts!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jodisanderson

« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
I've tried calling there and they wont give me any info. They say its confidential and that I would have to hear it from my lo. And from everything I've read on here, its making me start to think he's just all they way lying to me and that he never had any intention of coming back home here. He should get out around may 17, and that's not that far away, and I still have yet to hear from his parole officer or whoever about the home monitor stuff. And my lo stopped calling and only writing once a week for some reason when I was getting a call every weekend and a letter every day.. I don't know what's going on.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #404 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »
Sorry that you are experiencing this,however you must be immediate family to get that information (plus be his POA). I will pray that things work out the way you want them too, I just don't see it happening. Sorry Honey.... But you would have already seen the PO by now. It doesn't appear that he plans on coming to your house. Look at it this way at least you found out now instead of investing anymore time into the relationship. You are way to much of a Good Person to have to put up with a man treating you this way.Don't settle for second best.

Best of Luck to You my friend. I will keep you in my prayers.

Offline Loved

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »
Does anyone have any information regarding paroling to wisconsin after release from bootcamp instead of Illinois. Is it even possible and is there anyone that I could call to ask?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
Does anyone have any information regarding paroling to wisconsin after release from bootcamp instead of Illinois. Is it even possible and is there anyone that I could call to ask?

This topic contains the link for the Interstate Compact Agreement.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=4187.msg851#msg851

This restriction is in the Agreement and not sure if it includes boot camp:

Rule 2.107 Offenders on furlough, work release
A person who is released from incarceration under furlough, work-release, or other pre- parole program is not eligible for transfer under the compact.

You may want to call Springfield for more guidance:

217-558-2200, extension 2008
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #407 on: April 28, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
I didn't get a phone call. Do anybody know why ? Really lost and will be happy if I had answers .

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #408 on: April 28, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
Other members who have been through the whole bootcamp experience have said that phone privileges can be taken away from the whole group if there are problems (even if it is just one person causing them). This is, evidently, one of the CO's favorite punishments. Don't get yourself in a tizzy!

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Hi my L/O is taking the bus home & he asked can I send him some clothes to go home in. I'm wonder how do I do that. If any one can tell me what I need to do. He has less than a month to come home !

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
Hi my L/O is taking the bus home & he asked can I send him some clothes to go home in. I'm wonder how do I do that. If any one can tell me what I need to do. He has less than a month to come home !

The rule use to be that you must send the clothing/belongings one month in advance, however I sent my sons (who was in Du Quoin BC) 2 weeks prior as I wasn't aware of the rules.When he walked through the doors he was wearing the clothes I sent him.

I would probably call just to make for sure. I sent all of his things that he would be wearing home to the Du Quoin BC Address.

Congratulations and Safe Travels for your L/O.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #411 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »
Would you have any idea what the number is to duquion bootcamp.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #412 on: May 03, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Would you have any idea what the number is to duquion bootcamp.

PH#  618-542-5738

Offline gambrill74

« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »
For Boot Campers released, do you have to send the clothes ahead of time? I did not know this! I was just planning on taking the clothes with me. Will they allow this?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
For Boot Campers released, do you have to send the clothes ahead of time? I did not know this! I was just planning on taking the clothes with me. Will they allow this?

If you want him to wear the clothes you are providing then Yes, you must send them in advance. You could take them with you then have him change in the car, a rest area or something like that.

It's always best to call because rules change all the time. Good Luck.

Offline gambrill74

« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
Thanks Angela. I called today, and was told I could just bring them. If it is a problem he can just change in the car after we pull off the grounds. No worries! I do not think I have time to send them now anyway!!! :wc64: 12 days left!

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
No call today either . :wc13: I just pray everything is ok. 1 month left.

Offline ConcernedMom

• Ticker
« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
Just wondering, do they wear the clothes you send them at the graduation?  If so, what kind of clothes did you send, like dress clothes or just jeans and a nice shirt? :wc14:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
Just wondering, do they wear the clothes you send them at the graduation?  If so, what kind of clothes did you send, like dress clothes or just jeans and a nice shirt? :wc14:

They wear the clothes that the BC provides to them, they change after the Graduation/ Before they walk through the Doors to come home with you.

You can send them what you /they want to wear home. I sent my Son something comfortable and new shoes. The shoes disappeared   :wc14:    by the time he graduated but he got his clothes. I was suppose to get a reimbursement for the shoes but never did??? So now I don't recommend sending anything too expensive since they can change once they are out.

Offline Eeyore

« Reply #419 on: July 14, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
When sending letters to Du Quoin to you put Du Quoin IIP with the same address as pinckneyville? I was just wonder I have sent a few letters out already I am just afraid that he hasn't gotten them, because I just put the p.o box address and that he was in bc. So I don't know if he got the letters or not.