• November 14, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237853 times)

Offline Craigmom

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
Angela guess wat..well before  u told me to watch wat I said  in the letters I had sent a few they tore one of my letters up :wc96: but now thete talkin bout the shoes can we buy those shoes and send them I got da rule paper so am I on one or wat im countind down li

Why did they tear your letter up? How do you know they tore it up?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »
Angela guess wat..well before  u told me to watch wat I said  in the letters I had sent a few they tore one of my letters up :wc96: but now thete talkin bout the shoes can we buy those shoes and send them I got da rule paper so am I on one or wat im countind down li

Sorry I don't understand some of the things you are trying to ask me, but I will do my best to help you out.

Yes, letters that are not supportive,encouraging etc... will get torn up and they will not read it but the CO will let them know it was thrown away. Then they wake them up in the middle of the night and yell and scream at them.No it doesn't seem fair,but it is Boot Camp and they did sign up for it.

Go to the search box and put in white tennis shoes for BC,that will tell you everything you need to know.  Hope this helps you out some,Good Luck

Offline aaronsfiance

« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Thanks angie! And he wrote me and told me but they only tore one up he got to keep  the rest!

Offline pookykitty

« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »
Does anyone know who I can contact, about finding out what time and where to pick up a loved one once they are released from boot camp? I am way too many miles to go there myself and he is being paroled here. The parole office never answers the phone and there is no recording. I am lost right now. My fiance comes home March 7th and I have no idea how to get him here! Help!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »
Does anyone know who I can contact, about finding out what time and where to pick up a loved one once they are released from boot camp? I am way too many miles to go there myself and he is being paroled here. The parole office never answers the phone and there is no recording. I am lost right now. My fiance comes home March 7th and I have no idea how to get him here! Help!

You can call DuQuoin Boot Camp at 618-542-5738, anyone answering the phone should be able to help you. Congratulations on the soon homecoming.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »
When they graduate from bootcamp do they get all they belongs letters and etc. From when they first got locked up?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2012, 04:43:17 AM »
Personal belongings.....Yes they get that back. As far as letters there should only be what they are allowed to have as property.They give them 2 options as far as the letters go, 1.) They can send them back home to you  in the mail or they can tear them up and throw them in the trash ,that is the only two options I believe they give them. The etc.... I'm not sure what else there would be except themselves or their personal pictures LO's sent. Good Luck.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »
When are they able to make calls ? Is it after there 30 days ? My L\O has been in there for two weeks and I haven't got no letter yet. I only got the letter with the rules. I'm just wondering is this normal.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
Yes, It is all normal procedure. You usually get a half page letter with your rules, but remember they only give them like 2 minutes to write you a letter (that is why it is a half page). Maybe he didn't have enough time to write, don't worry you will get a letter soon. It is 30 days before they are  allowed to make any calls (it also depends on if they have phone privileges at the time). All it takes is for 1 person to screw it up for everyone and then everyone looses their privileges. Hang in there it will be OK  :wc30:  . 

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
I'm sorry I ment to ask are they able to write letters before their 30 day mark other than the rules letter.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
Yes, they can still write before their 30 day mark, however they are learning the rules and their new routine so it is sometimes hard for them to write until they are more settled. Plus they have to buy write outs and those are purchased through the money they earn. Have patients your letters/ phone calls will come.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
Do everyone have to do two years of parole when they get out of bootcamp or its different for each individual ?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
I think that it really depends on what the IDOC determines (depending on the offense). My son is doing 6 months out of a year. Good Luck hope it all works out for you and your LO.

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #393 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Will I get letter before the 30 day call.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
You should, but I can't say for sure as I'm not there. Will Pray that you get a letter soon. Keep the faith it will all work out for you. Blessings

Offline d.n.j

« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
Whats the latest can they call on saturdays ?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »
I just called the Camp and their Phone Systems are down (as is most of the southern states) Due to storms. They could not say as to when they will be up and running again. Sorry   :wc32:   I don't have better news....Hang in there you will get a call.   

Offline jodisanderson

« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Does anyone know how long to expect them to be on house arrest when they come home? Me and my guy just got into this huge argument. And well, my house is the only house he can parole to and I don't know if I can deal with him and his attitude very long.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Does anyone know how long to expect them to be on house arrest when they come home? Me and my guy just got into this huge argument. And well, my house is the only house he can parole to and I don't know if I can deal with him and his attitude very long.

It's usually around 3 months they have to be on the anklet.  They are sometimes granted movement within that time period though, all depends on his PO.  I hope you figure it out, just know you don't have to be his doormat either, you are doing him the favor of parole.  If it's not going to work out, let him know soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jodisanderson

« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
Thanks. Yeah I've told him I don't think its going to work and that just makes it worse. And I haven't gotten any contact with anyone that would come or call about his parole. How will that work to get everything set up at the house? He should be getting out around may 17 but im not 100% sure on that.