• November 14, 2018, 04:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237841 times)

Offline mcre8tive

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
Angela,

You :wc70: ROCK! Thanks so much. Will continue to search, just want to make sure the information is updated! Appreciate your information so much.

mcre8tive

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
Not a problem that is what we are ALL here for Support and Information. Here in the BC Topics you can get the address to where you can start sending letters to him right away.It also has all the rules and regulations (which he will be sending you in his first half page letter).Post a message if you can't locate it. Paulap will be on here on and off over the weekend, and she is more than happy to help with any questions. Have a good weekend.Angela

Offline acacia91

« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew who to get ahold of for parole issues. My lo is in DuQuoin Bootcamp right now and put down an address for parole that got rejected. There was a miscommunication by his grandmother and this needs to be fixed. I am thinkin to just call pinckneyville and see if they can direct me so i can give his grandmother the correct number to call.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2011, 07:25:54 PM »
acacia91, I would have his Grandmother Contact the Counselor to see what the  problem was and get it fixed,so that he will be able to parole at her residence. If they won't tell her anything,I would try calling  the Office of Brad Curry (Acting Chief of Parole) in Springfield (800) 666-6744. She already spoke with a PO once before (this is when I'm thinking they had their miscommunication problem ?),she should have been given a number. Hope this helps you,best of luck.Angela

Offline acacia91

« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
Thank you!! I will have her give that a try.

Offline itsme12

« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
 My boyfriend graduates on Thanksgiving!!! Yayy 25 days to go!!!

Offline itsme12

« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
Thanks so much! We are so thrilled! Best wishes to you and ur family, as well.

Offline paulap

« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
That is great news itsme12!  My son graduates on the 30th of November, so I know how exciting this countdown is!  The time will go by very quickly I am sure and they will be home before we know it!

Good luck and best wishes to both of you!

Paulap

Offline pookykitty

« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:35 AM »
Well I have been reading for a couple months awaiting my fiance to be transferred. He went into county on 6/20. He was transferred to Stateville on 8/22. Vine notified me on 11/07 that he was transferred to Pinkneyville. His IDOC profile now shows DuQuoin IIP as of 11/08. I am thankful for everyone on this forum. I was able to obtain alot of knowledge about BC from the day I learned he took that offer from the States Attorney. I pray for all in the same situation or similiar!
Jackie

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
Welcome to IPT pookykitty, glad you found IPT and that the information we have here, was able to help you through this journey.  I am glad your LO is in camp and hope all goes well for him and he's back to you soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline pookykitty

« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
Thank you so much, Everything you all do is  so very much appreciated!!! :wc38:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
Welcome   pookykitty    :wc12:
 Congratulations on your LO making it to Boot Camp    :wc22: . Glad you made it to the site.
Start writing those letters as he will appreciate them dearly.  Please let us know if you have any questions. Thoughts and Prayers go out to you. Again Welcome, Angela

Offline CorinneLee

« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »
Hi everyone! this website is great Ive been sitting on here alll day reading any information I can find on getting into boot camp & how long it will take. I was wondering when I will be able to know if he was accepted by IDOC its only been sense the 17th he has been in statesvile but im CONSTANTLY checking his inmate status online.. will he be able to call me before I read about it on the web site? Also... how do they determine if they are charged with a 'violent crime'? His charge is agg robbery class 1... It sounds violent to me but on his last court date here they judge did approve him for the bootcamp program? ahh It's so dificult not knowing whats going to happen from 120 days to 3 years!!! 

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
                                        Welcome CorinneLee to IPT......            :wc12:

Once they are in R & C they will go through the processing, this is when they are told if they are accepted for BC or not. You will know by either a letter or one of his phone calls (the call period is anywhere from 30 to 60 Days). The system is updated once they are moved.  

His charge is agg robbery class 1... It sounds violent to me but on his last court date here they judge did approve him for the bootcamp program?

It helps if the Judge request for BC, that doesn't mean he will get it. Once they are turned into the hands of the IDOC they make all the calls until they are released.

It is going to be a challenge but you will get through it. Be patient and write as many letters as you can. Good Luck and let us know if have any questions. God Bless, Angela

Offline aaronsfiance

« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
Hey erbody ima newbie and my hubby left me on my birthday may4th 2011 sgreetings he was sent to statevill rc on sept 23rd now on dec 19th was his first day in dq bootcamp his pic changed i felt so bad i saw that he had been crying and i sit and wait n wait n wait i love him and i just miss him but i love this site it really helps and i appreciate it his out date is april 17th 2012 n den he comes home on house arrest my countdown begins day 118 starts now i got a whole 117 days to go!

ALL CAPS edited out by Admin

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »
 aaronsfiance , Glad you have started your count down, the time (117 days) will fly by before you know it. Make sure that you are sending him letters as this is what will help him get through the Program. You have to stay strong and take care of yourself.When writing an Inmate during the BC Program make sure they are supportive and encouraging letters. Watch what you write in the letters as they will use that against them if there is something in there that they don't like. Remember you are no longer writing to a prison
(New Rules) There is plenty of things for you to read, you will learn as you go along. Holler if you have any questions and someone will try to get back to you. Again Welcome.

Offline aaronsfiance

« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
Thanks angie I appreciate that!

Offline aaronsfiance

« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »
thanks angie :wc30:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
This is what we are ALL here for to Support each other.   :wc11:      As you may have read some of the other ladies post (still waiting in statesville Topic) on how long their LO's have been waiting.Hopefully it won't be long for them and they will be counting down just like you are now.
 Congrats  Again.

Take Care

Offline aaronsfiance

« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
Angela guess wat..well before  u told me to watch wat I said  in the letters I had sent a few they tore one of my letters up :wc96: but now thete talkin bout the shoes can we buy those shoes and send them I got da rule paper so am I on one or wat im countind down li