• November 14, 2018, 04:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237857 times)

Offline paulap

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
Thank you Mah!  I will definitely be writing him!    Paula

:wc38:

Offline motherdove

« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
A bit back I was asking about the all white gym shoes.  I was recently asked by my son if I could send him some.  I did find some - Adidas Original Stan Smith 2 (I was able to order these on line through footlocker to have them shipped there directly).  I got the first call from my son since he went into the system back at the end of May.  He was shipped out of Joliet just after the 30 day waiting period there and his pin had been declined so we have had to wait the new 30 day time period.  He said he just got them and they are wonderful.

I hope this helps someone else.

Offline itsme12

« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2011, 07:59:44 AM »
I was wondering when they move from pinckeyville to the boot camp if their location on idoc changes to De Quoin boot camp?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »
I was wondering when they move from pinckeyville to the boot camp if their location on idoc changes to De Quoin boot camp?

It usually only takes a week or less, once a bed opens up, just keep checking the IDOC website every evening after 9PM, that is when they update the site.   Good Luck, hope he arrives soon.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »

It usually only takes a week or less, once a bed opens up, just keep checking the IDOC website every evening after 9PM, that is when they update the site.   Good Luck, hope he arrives soon.
I would also suggest registering with VINE -they will notify you when your Loved One is ever moved. You can find the Vine info on this website & IDOC site. Hope all works out for you and your son. Angela

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #325 on: September 08, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
So I know its been awhile since I've posted I've been so busy...my boyfriend 120 days is up in 13 days!!! :( but 2 weeks ago he told me that a workcrew van he was on got searched and they found a pack of cigarettes and I guess everyone on that van got an extra 28 days added on to their sentence becuz the person who did it didn't confess to it....I haven't gotten a letter from him last week or this week which is odd becuz I always get letters on Wednesdays...I was just wondering can they do that and if anyone else who has a loved one in DuQuion has heard anythinng about it.?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
Yes, they can do this, extend their time for any trouble they get into.  That is why the BC is 120-180 days.   

As far as the letters, that's hard to tell, maybe all those guys on the workcrew got some other kind of restrictions put on them, hopefully you will get a letter soon explaining it all.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
My son mentioned(on Saturday) that some of the other guys had got into trouble over some cigarettes.I was so thankful that he was not involved. He lost phone privileges for 1 month because of someone not following the rules .He wasn't even at the camp he was out on one of the work crews. Imagine being out in the hot heat working then coming back to find out you have no phone privilege because of someone being stupid and not thinking.These are just a few examples of what they can do to our LO's.It is a tough Program,but can be done if they follow the rules. I know that I am still going on my visit on Saturday,so maybe I can find out what happened. Good Luck.
PS.Not sure why you aren't getting any letter's I got mine this week. Maybe he is having trouble adjusting?

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:22 AM »
When I got home from work last night I got a letter...him and some other guys got 28 extra days his new outdate is October 19th :( he said 2 guys that got the extra days quit I'm hoping and praying he stays positive and sticks it out.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
Very Nice for you "Congrats". My son graduates on Oct.15th. Weird I was always told that most of the graduations are usually on Saturday's. I will double check with my son tomorrow when I see him. Have a Blessed Day.Angela   :wc71-1:

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2011, 03:40:38 PM »
I hate all this not knowing, in his letter Thursday he said he would call today and he didn't I guess they took away phone calls he always calls I'm just so tired....some days I feel like giving up...does anyone know of their outdated is the same as their graduation date? Or do they only hold the graduations like once or twice a week

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2011, 11:03:34 PM »
Hot off the Press   :wc1:  Graduations take place at the end of their(inmates) time. I was under the impression that Graduations are usually on Saturday's...Not True. They leave when they have completed the program. This could be any day of the week.Their Outdate is not the same as their graduation.Unless they do something to jeopardize it. They have to complete the program between 120 to 160 days. NO ands ifs or Buts. Hope this helps you out some. Take Care.   :wc71:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2011, 06:34:26 AM »
Hot off the Press   :wc1:  Graduations take place at the end of their(inmates) time. I was under the impression that Graduations are usually on Saturday's...Not True. They leave when they have completed the program. This could be any day of the week.Their Outdate is not the same as their graduation.Unless they do something to jeopardize it. They have to complete the program between 120 to 160 days. NO ands ifs or Buts. Hope this helps you out some. Take Care.   :wc71:

Angela, it's not 160 days it's 120 - 180 days, giving them enough time to complete the program if things happen like sickness or they get into trouble.  I have copied this straight from the PDF file the IDOC:

The purpose of the program is to better serve the community and the youthful offender while helping to reduce an ever-increasing adult prison population. The IIP provides a positive, cost-effective 120- to 180-day sentencing alternative to traditional incarceration for adult felons between the ages of 17 and 35, with up to an eight-year sentence, who have been incarcerated not more than once previously.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #333 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »
Not sure what it was that I was thinking  at the time that i did that post. I know it's 120-180 days. Guess I was just caught up in the moment.Sorry if I have given anyone wrongful information.  My biggest apology   :wc24: Have a Blessed day Everyone.  :wc71-1:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #334 on: September 11, 2011, 12:44:17 PM »
Angela, I figured you knew, I just wanted to point it out, because someone new may get confused.  I do the same thing sometimes, just way too much to know and remember with IDOC.

Offline itsme12

« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Could someone please tell me the address to send the all white shoes so that my boyfriend can get them. Thanks

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »
Hello sorry for it taking me so long on helping you.I just got back from Du Quoin BC. The address you need to send everything to is

Inmate's Name_______________ and number__________________
Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program
P.O.Box 999
Pickneyville,IL 62274.
Hope that helps you out some what? Good Luck and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.God Bless.Angela  :pumpkin:

Offline acacia91

« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:24 AM »
I saw a few years back that people had said DuQuoin only allows pictures of immediate family. Is this still true today?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:21 AM »
I saw a few years back that people had said DuQuoin only allows pictures of immediate family. Is this still true today?
To my knowledge it doesn't matter who/what the picture is only that they are only allowed to have a certain number of photos at one time.They will be disciplined if they are found with more than what they are allowed. Hope this helps you out some.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »
Be careful when sending pictures, I would ask first.  DuQuoin only allowed 3 photos and they had to be of immediate family, otherwise the inmate could get into trouble.  Things usually don't change that often for these facilities.

If you find out that the rules have indeed changed, please post letting everyone know!