• November 14, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237845 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2011, 06:35:42 AM »
Just wondering if you are already in the system can you put in a transfer to go to boot camp?

No, I thought I answered this question for you in another topic here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,8367.msg188718.html#msg188718
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline lovinhim11

• lovin my man
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »
Ok thank you I never got the reply. I tried finding it to see if you had. Thank you.

Offline unbelievable

« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
My boyfriend was just transferred out of Stateville yesterday and moved to Vienna awaiting bootcamp. Does anyone know how long he will be there (approxiametly) before going to bootcamp?? and is it true thats this is  the parent institution for Dixon?? also I know I can't visit because its only immediate family but how about phone calls can he call me?? or only immediate family?? I know he is only allowed one after 30 days for only 10 minutes ( i have been doing alot of reading on bc) but today when I called consolidatedd to put $ for him to call they told me my number wasn't on the list. but his mom had set it up the same day and hers was?? are they only allowed to call immediate family?? and also what about letters I can still write him although I am not immediate family can he write back. I've read they give out their first write out to allow them to tell family members they are at bootcamp...once again do they only allow them to write this letter to immediate family???

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
Vienna is the parent prison for Dixon Springs Boot Camp, not Dixon CC.  He will have to wait, probably no longer than a week for a bed to open up, he will be able to call you but not until 30 days and then he only gets to make 10 minute phone calls and he can put you on his phone list, but not his visiting list.

You can write him as much as you want and when he is able, he will be able to write you. It's only immediate family that can visit him while he is in BC.

Good Luck to him, make sure you add alot of support in your letters, this is a tough program for them to get through.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline motherdove

« Reply #304 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
I noticed a post here talking about shoes.  As my son has just arrived and DuQ BC this week I found this interesting.  Is this something we have to provide from the outside or can they purchase on the inside?  Is there a specific time these are needed by?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
mother, do a search for white shoes ON the bootcamp board, you'll pull up all the posts concerning it.. I know they have to be white and you can send them to him.  Maybe you'll find a post giving more details.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
Hello all, I just sent my son some ALL White shoes. It took me 3 times to get it right.When they Say ALL White they mean it. He called and asked me to send a pair of Nike Shock. So I got some that had a little grey on the sock part and they were rejected. Nike does make an all white shoe, but keep in mind they are Very expensive I paid out the door $151.00 plus your
$20.00 to ship them. He also asked for a shoe inserts so the sales guy said well they can cut it to fit.No they can't as they won't give them scissors to cut with. Guess my son has to send them back in the mail (shoes and inserts).We are not allowed to get them when we go to visit him(this Saturday  first visit  :wc7: Can't wait). Hope this information will help you some. Take Care and God Bless.

Offline peeniepie

« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »
Hi everyone...

First time posting on pt. My fiance has been  in R & C at Stateville since July 14th...I know it has only been a few days, but he was at county for 5 mos awaiting the judge's decision. He is waiting for a bed to open up in one of the two bootcamps...any one have any idea how long that might take? Also, can I start writing him now to the Stateville address... wondering if he'll even receive it? Thanks for any  help you can send my way.

Offline peeniepie

« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »
My boyfriend was just transferred out of Stateville yesterday and moved to Vienna awaiting bootcamp. Does anyone know how long he will be there (approxiametly) before going to bootcamp?? and is it true thats this is  the parent institution for Dixon?? also I know I can't visit because its only immediate family but how about phone calls can he call me?? or only immediate family?? I know he is only allowed one after 30 days for only 10 minutes ( i have been doing alot of reading on bc) but today when I called consolidatedd to put $ for him to call they told me my number wasn't on the list. but his mom had set it up the same day and hers was?? are they only allowed to call immediate family?? and also what about letters I can still write him although I am not immediate family can he write back. I've read they give out their first write out to allow them to tell family members they are at bootcamp...once again do they only allow them to write this letter to immediate family???

Hi... I was just wondering how long your boyfriend had to stay at Stateville before they shipped him to Vienna? This waiting game is so terrible

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
Hi everyone...

First time posting on pt. My fiance has been  in R & C at Stateville since July 14th...I know it has only been a few days, but he was at county for 5 mos awaiting the judge's decision. He is waiting for a bed to open up in one of the two bootcamps...any one have any idea how long that might take? Also, can I start writing him now to the Stateville address... wondering if he'll even receive it? Thanks for any  help you can send my way.

Welcome to IPT! 

Bootcamp can take up to 30+ days for a bed to open up.    Your LO will be evaluated in R&C and they will determine which camp that he will be sent to.  IDOC is very overcrowded right now, so things are taking longer.   

As far as writing him, as long as you have his # from IDOC website, you can start to write him and should to give him support and let him know you are OK on the outside.  You can also send him magazines and books, just remember he will have only so much space to keep things once he gets to BC.

There are alot of topics here for you to read and you'll learn all about the camps by the time he is moved.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #310 on: July 16, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
Hello all, Just got back from seeing my son in Du Quoin Boot Camp (what a long day). It's been over 3 months since I've seen my son and only had 1 phone call for about 6 minutes. I will tell you that seeing him and holding him (even if it was for only a few seconds) was the best feeling.I just can't explain it   :wc26:. He was so disciplined I couldn't believe it,like I was sitting with a different person. They(the staff) were so kind and nice to us I couldn't believe that either! The visiting room was nice and very clean, there were several items to choose from out of the Vending Machines. Some soda (Mt.Dew) were like $1.10 and the only real inconvenience was it said use exact change only. We took ones and a roll of quarters- you must have that $0.10. We were able to get some nickles and dimes from one of the staff members. I'm sure my sons stomach will hurt him for a few days as much junk as he ate. He didn't say a lot about the camp as I didn't expect him too (from what I have read on IPT). It was a good visit and I am so glad that I was able to go and see him. I know it is rough getting through this but when I left I was no longer scared or worried about him. I am thankful that this program has changed my sons life. I told him that his big challenge is going to be when he graduates in October. OK long day and tomorrow is going to be even longer,so have a good evening and God Bless all of us.    :wc71:

Offline paulap

« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2011, 02:20:19 PM »
That is great news Angela!  I know seeing him was a wonderful thing!  I have followed some of your posts on here and I remember when you were concerned your son was going to quit, so I am sure you being able to see him now must have filled your heart with joy!
My son is still at R & C waiting for a bed to open up and then he will be moving on to boot camp.  I worry about him every day because I know this program is very difficult.  The fact your son has been able to hang in there with all the challenges gives me hope for my son.
I can't wait until I can go see my son too and give him that hug that I have missed so much!  Thanks for updating us on his progress and congratulations!
Paula    :wc7:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
Paula,Thanks for the warm wishes   :wc71-1:  My son had got in some trouble and they made him carry Jo Jo around for several hours. Jo Jo is a telephone pole (very heavy).He said one time was enough for him.And when we first arrived there was another person carrying it- I made the statement someone must have gotten in trouble(and I didn't even know about Jo JO yet)  :wc15:  . From what I saw as long as he Follows the Rules he will make it through fine. What R & C is your son at (if you don't mind me asking)? Keep writing him as they really need the encouragement. The first month they wear all white clothes that's why they call it their Ghost Period. This is when they wont be able to write you,but you can still write them. I will say a prayer for the both of you and remember God is always on our side. Take Care,Angela

Offline paulap

« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
Angela, my son is in Statesville R & C and has been there 60 days today.  He called me this afternoon and said he thinks he might be moved to boot camp tonight but he was not sure.  I think we have been approved to visit him now that his 60 days at Statesville is up, so it would be about right for them to move him now.  I would love to see him and give him a big hug, but if they move him tonight I will be excited that he is that much closer to coming home. 
I have written him lots of letters with information I have found here about boot camp, so he has a little bit of an idea of what is coming.  I had not heard about Jo Jo yet, so I will have to pass that information along too.
I am very glad your son is doing okay.  I know this time is very stressful for the family too!  You love them and want them to make it, but this is something they have to do on their own.  Please keep us posted on how your son does, and I will do the same!  Thank you for your prayers, we can use all the help we can get.  I will keep you and your son in my prayers as well.  God bless you and thanks again for the update!  Paula

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
Paula, Make sure that you check the I.D.O.C. Inmate search website tonight ( it usually changes after 9:00 PM every evening with up dates).It will tell you if he has been moved,plus make sure you are signed up for VINE. I found hispicture first then got a call from Vine telling me that he was moved and where to. If anything do that if you haven't already. Because getting that call makes you heart feel sad but glad to get the news. I'm sure you have already prepared for this but just in case it doesn't hurt to try and help. Good luck and  we will will chat again. Angela

Offline paulap

« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2011, 08:32:44 AM »
 :wc71-1:
Hi Angela,  If I remember correctly, you were going to see your son again over this past weekend.  How did your visit go, if you don't mind me asking?  I am still waiting to see if my son will be transferred this week, and if he is not, I am going back to see him.  I was just thinking about you this morning and wondered how things went for you.  Paula

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2011, 09:27:38 AM »
Good Morning Paula, Yes I did go and see him. I am very thankful that he went to Du Quoin instead of Dixon Springs. The time goes by so...... fast, but it was so great to see him. He looks really good and strong (mind & body). We went through the full $20.00 (you are allowed to take in) in the vending machines. I really hate him eating all that junk food but he really looks forward to getting it. There was on young man that only has 2 weeks left,but I guess he had got into some trouble the night before and he wasn't sure if he was being kicked out or not. His mother was very worried about it (as all parents would be).I have herd of them kicking different ones out 2 days before they are to graduate.Sad but True- the most important thing I would tell your son is to Follow the Rules and he should not have any problems. The staff aren't real personable,but then again there not there to socialize either.They haven't been making them do their exercise like they normally do because of the heat.They are still having them work outside on Work Crews. Head count is every 4 hours no exception's if they are out working they have to come back to get counted. The vending/waiting room was comfortable (not too cold or Hot).Again the time goes by so fast you hate to leave them   :wc25:.
 I can tell that the visits helps his time go by faster not to mention the mental aspect of it. He scolded me for not getting any letters to him last week so those also help them cope. That's about all for now that I can share with you. Hope your visit goes well with your son. Please keep in mind once he leaves for B.C. you will see a different picture of him on the I.D.O.C website. Do not freak out like I did he will be OK. Stay cool and take care.Angela

Offline paulap

« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
 :wc38:
Thanks Angela.  That is all great news!  I am glad your son is hanging in there.  Its good to know that they are not having them do their excercises right now, in this heat!  It is a little scarey to think that they let people wait until they are a few days from graduation and then they kick them out.  I guess there are things you can't control, and all they can do is try their best.  I will keep you and your son in my prayers.  Thank you so much for the update!  God bless you.

Offline paulap

« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »
:wc7: :wc7:  :wc7:

My day has finally came, and my son has been transferred out of Statesville.  I got my call this evening from VINE telling me he is now located at Pinckneyville, and I assume he will be there until he is transferred to boot camp!  Woo Hoo!  So, I have a million questions, but I guess my first question is, if I write him now, I will send it to Pinckneyville?  They will transfer his mail if he is already at boot camp when they receive it?

I will try to pace myself and not ask too many questions, all at once.  I am so excited and nervous.  The countdown to him coming home will begin very soon!    :wc71-1:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
Good news paulap .. you can write him at P'ville inmate email address, just look on profile board under P'ville and if he is moved before he get's all your mail, they will forward it. Hopefully a bed opens up quickly at BC, you'll know when his picture changes and he is in all white for his ghost period!

There is alot of information already posted here on the BC board, just go to the search feature and type in what you are looking for, keywords and you'll be reading for days!

Keep writing and giving him alot of support, he's going to need it, this is a tough program and they need family support.    As soon as he get's into camp his countdown begins, 120-180 days depending on how he goes through it.