• November 14, 2018, 04:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237852 times)

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
From what I understand, the boot camps work on a demerit system. For each infraction (problem or issue) a demerit is taken from a set of tickets they are given. If they lose a certain amount, then there are punishments involved. It could be possible that has happened and he has had his shopping and phone privileges stripped for a short time. I hope you hear from him soon!

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »
Please post any information about DuQuoin Boot Camp here:

DuQuoin Boot Camp
275 Agraland Acres
P.O. Box 609
DuQuoin, Il 62832
(618) 542-5738
I had a questing about this address I called and they gave me a whole other address. They gave me p.o. box 999 and said the town would be picnkvillie. Which one is correct

Offline bmonska

« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
It's the same way for Pittsfield Work camp. All the mail has to go through the main parent prison at Jacksonville. They used to have a mailroom at the work camp with it's own address but no longer staff it. All mail gets sent to Jacksonville and then mail for the work camp is transported over there each day. I would use the address that they gave you on the phone.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
Please post any information about DuQuoin Boot Camp here:

DuQuoin Boot Camp
275 Agraland Acres
P.O. Box 609
DuQuoin, Il 62832
(618) 542-5738
I had a questing about this address I called and they gave me a whole other address. They gave me p.o. box 999 and said the town would be picnkvillie. Which one is correct

Use this:

Inmate Mail:
P.O. Box 999
Pinckneyville, Il 62274

That is the address to Pinckneyville, always add your full return address.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
Should I still include his ID number and should I put dequion bootcamp after his name

Offline bmonska

« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Yes it must have his inmate ID number. You don't have to put DuQuoin BC. They know he's there.

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
Hey guys quick question. He finally made it to bootcamp it will be a month on Tuesday and as expected he needs shoes. I was just wondering if anyone had ideas on decent priced ones they found and do they have to be all white and how do u ship them

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
ChrissyMarie, I just went a bought my son a pair (he is in Du Quoin B.C.). I found a pair of Nike Shocks at this place called Shoe Carnival out the door it cost $112.72.I am shipping it tomorrow via UPS- they said when I called that they would deliver it on Saturday. However long it takes Pinckneyville to get it to Du Quoin? I also priced a pair at the Nike Outlet mall about 26 miles away. I went with the closest and cheapest. Hope that helps you a little?

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
Thank you so much my boyfriend is also in dequion do you know if they have to be all white?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
Yes they have to be all white is what my son told me.I might be able to visit here in the next couple of weeks can't wait... just hope he sticks it out until then.Good Luck to you

Offline Allie

« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
My boyfriend was sentenced today & the judge put in a request for boot camp but we were told the state makes the final decision.  Does anyone know if these are typically accepted or not.  We had our heart set on him getting to do boot camp instead of a 5 year sentence and now I am worried that he wont get in.  Also, how long from the day of sentencing from the time others have actually started at boot camp.  Thanks for any info you have.  I am so worried. :(

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
My boyfriend was sentenced today & the judge put in a request for boot camp but we were told the state makes the final decision.  Does anyone know if these are typically accepted or not.  We had our heart set on him getting to do boot camp instead of a 5 year sentence and now I am worried that he wont get in.  Also, how long from the day of sentencing from the time others have actually started at boot camp.  Thanks for any info you have.  I am so worried. :(

Welcome to IPT.  If the judge ordered it, that is good, but the IDOC has final say, IF he qualifies for BC. They are normally accepted, but some don't finish the program because it is a tough one.  They need alot of encouragement from family/friends.

Since the IDOC is overcrowded right now, it's taking longer for a bed to open up at one of the two BC's IDOC runs. This could take a couple of months, and their time does not start until they actually get into the camp, then they can do 120-180 days.

We have a big board here on IDOC BC's so I suggest you start reading and become familiar with everything, you have plenty time to learn it all before he actually gets to BC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
Allie,   :wc12: Take a deep breathe it is going to be OK. I have gone through everything you are right now. If the Judge requested it then USUALLY it happens.I think that a lot of it depends on what the crime was,how many times he's been in and out of the court system and how much he really wants the Boot Camp. My son kept bugging the Counselor (in Graham/Processing).They can read right through someone that really wants to be there and someone who just wants to get their sentence lowered.What I have learned is that you have to have Patience.I didn't know what that meant until I got on PT. You will find a lot of information/comfort on this site.Start writing him because he is going to be in shock at first and feel alone-then that Day comes and he gets a letter from you(that will make his day).The mail is slow just about everywhere due to the Over population in all the Prisions/Jails. Hope this little information will help you out some.Just shout if you have any questions.The administrators on here are very good at answering questions and listening. God Bless you and Hang in there    :wc30:. Angela

Offline Allie

« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2011, 08:02:07 AM »
Thanks so much for the replies! The more info I get the better I seem to be.  I appreciate it and am glad I found this site!  Allie

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2011, 09:31:58 AM »
He gets to make his first call today!!! But I have to work all day :( does anyone know what time they usually call so I can try and take my break or lunch around that time?

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »
K well disregard that last post he called like right after I posted it...it was soo good to hear his voice but I hadn't set up consolidated yet and we only got to talk for maybe 2 minutes. So my question is how do I set it up?  Can I do it on a cell phone and how much is it gonna cost me I was reading on the forum but it was just confusing me!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
K well disregard that last post he called like right after I posted it...it was soo good to hear his voice but I hadn't set up consolidated yet and we only got to talk for maybe 2 minutes. So my question is how do I set it up?  Can I do it on a cell phone and how much is it gonna cost me I was reading on the forum but it was just confusing me!

Glad you got your call, sorry it wasn't longer, I know that first one from BC is not long at all, I think only tops 10 minutes.  Yes, you can use a cell phone and you can either prepay or they will bill you.

Go to this link and give Consolidated a call on Monday, don't think they are here today:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,34.0.html

Wait till you get your first HUG, that is the best.

Offline thepaperartqueen

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2011, 08:15:08 PM »
Hello Everyone, I have never posted anything before, but when Forevermah talked about the first hug it brings back to the first visit with my son. We live 6 hours away and the drive is absolutly peaceful. Especially knowing you get to hug your loved one. I have been to see my son 3 times. The next time i go (9 days) I will bring him home. Time really did go fast and my son even got an extra 8 days added to his time for getting into trouble. I can answer questions also if anyone has any!

Offline lovinhim11

• lovin my man
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
Just wondering if you are already in the system can you put in a transfer to go to boot camp?

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »
Just wondering if you are already in the system can you put in a transfer to go to boot camp?

I don't think so.  Boot Camps have to be ordered by the Judge.