• November 14, 2018, 04:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237840 times)

Offline sidekick

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2010, 09:52:24 AM »
Can anyone go to the gradution?  Can the inmate go home with you or does it have to be approved?

Offline Melchert10

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2010, 12:55:04 AM »
From what I understand is that anyone can go to the graduation but all vehicles are searched for contraband and the inmates can leave with whomever once they graduate. Now I'm not 100% on this... but I'm pretty dern sure.

Offline sidekick

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
 :stp2:   Thank You.  You made my day!!

Offline sidekick

« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »
What are you allowed to wear to pick up your loved one at graduation?  Can you wear sandals and short sleeves?

Offline neveragain

« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »
since it's now warm all the graduation will be on the hardstand expect when it's raining. you can wear anything you like to the graduation, but i would advise against anything that is too promiscuous because there will be 200 other inmate that might get themselves into trouble for eyeballing the females at graduation. also, you can bring anyone you like to the graduation. there was a graduation i remember where the inmate had 20 of his family and friends came in a extended van. I just graduate back in late Feburary and if there's anything you need to know just ask. :)

Offline POOKIEWGT

« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2010, 02:28:24 AM »
Hello,

i have some questions im hoping someone can answer for me everyone seems so helpful here.

these questions are regarding a inmate at duquoin boot camp.

1. how long after an inmate is able to write letters
   2. are the inmates able to call friends or is it only immediate family
   3. they said they are only allowed to recieve visits from immediate family, would i be able to go with our son if we are not married?
   4. is he allowed to receive pictures of our son? or of me? i am his sons mother but we are not married
   5. what will happen to all the mail i sent to statesville including magazines and pictures? ive sent them over a month ago and has still not received anything back
   6. is he allowed to send letters to me if im not immediate family?

appreciate all the help im sure i have more questions and just cant remember

love,
        another lonely one.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »
Hello,

i have some questions im hoping someone can answer for me everyone seems so helpful here.

these questions are regarding a inmate at duquoin boot camp.

1. how long after an inmate is able to write letters  
   2. are the inmates able to call friends or is it only immediate family    Only Immediate Family
   3. they said they are only allowed to recieve visits from immediate family, would i be able to go with our son if we are not married?   NO
   4. is he allowed to receive pictures of our son? or of me? i am his sons mother but we are not married     Yes, only 3~
   5. what will happen to all the mail i sent to statesville including magazines and pictures? ive sent them over a month ago and has still not received anything back     He is only allowed to take so much with him to bootcamp, if there is too much, he is going to have to throw some out.
   6. is he allowed to send letters to me if im not immediate family?   YES

appreciate all the help im sure i have more questions and just cant remember

love,
        another lonely one.

Welcome to IPT, all that you've asked has already been answered and I will supply a few links there are more on this board:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/topic,17210.0.html

Please read this topic, he answers many of your questions:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/topic,17567.0.html

and then check out this board too:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/board,35.0.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »
Yeah my bf was jus transferred from SV to duquoin today as well. he was waitin like 8 weeks to be moved and didnt receive me letters until da last week he was there..he will be able to send a write out home when he first gets there but only one. then he cant right again for like 2 weeks but u can still write him..i dnt think he's even arrived yet but as soon as i got the address i wrote him so write as much a su like u'll eventually hear sumthin back..

Offline ILuvUKyle

« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »
My BF is leaving for the Ducuoin bootcamp tonight or tomarrow and i know they have to wait 60 to have a visit, but do we have to be married for me to be able to visit on the weekend? we just had a bby girl a week ago and i really want to take her there to meet him. Any answers?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
Only spouses or immediate family are allowed to visit.

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »
Im so happy my bf's countdown has finally begun :wc27: He waited like 8 weeks in SV before being transferred but already has a couple weeks done. I got a letter exactly 2 weeks after he was there, but even still it hurts just as bad as the day I found out he was taken in. I want to be a strong support system for him, but some days are harder than others. I write practically everyday, even though there's not much to talk about. I noticed he didn't really say much about how things were going there, but did let me know he was doing good so far. I'm still highly upset I wont be able to see him until he's home, but even still it beats the alternative of him serving his original sentence. I'm so happy I've found this site because Lord knows I was a complete basketcase when he first went, but fortunately, I've found alot of helpful information on this site, and have met a few people who know exactly what I'm feeling right now. Our journey is not over yet, but each day, we're a day closer to completing it.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »
It's great to hear that he is doing well! Keep your head up!

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »
Thanx, Ill do my best

Offline TomsMom

« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Yesterday my son made the 60 day mark!! Woohoo!! :wc7: Next week I get my first visit.  It has been a very long, hard road with County and then the transfer to SV.  But, luckily he was only there two weeks before being transferred to DuQuoin.  He says that the food is okay, lots and lots of exercise and discipline.  He says that he never wants to st :wc7:p a foot inside a jail again unless he is visiting a client.   :wc74:  He wants to be a lawyer!  LOL  To everyone reading, write as much as possible.  It gives them so much encouragement.  Time does fly by.....  :wc63:

Offline TomsMom

« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »
My son has 41 days left of bootcamp.  It is very intense and sometimes they receive demerits if a few in the room are talking  :wc19: but on the whole, if your LO does as he is told, and follows the rules, he should be okay.  I have had a few visits now and understand the program a lot better.  The staff is friendly and the visiting room with the vending machines is a very pleasant atmosphere.  If anyone has any questions please don't hsitate to ask.

Offline Barker5306

« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »
My son is at DuQuoin right now, his graduation date is January 19.  My daughter and I went to visit him on November 21.  There are no directions that I know of, or coulf find, to get you there.  We got our directions from Pinckneyville guards.  DuQuoin Boot Camp is at the DuQuoin Fairgrounds.  You need to turn on Bob Green's Road and enter the fairgrounds at Gate 7, this will take you right into the facility.  You will be met by two guards.  One will have you complete paperwork while the other one searches your vehicle.  You cannot take anything inside with you except 2 IDs and change for the vending machine.  Once you go inside, you will be taken into a little room where you will be searched; wand first, then pat down.  After that, you sit in the little vending area and your LO comes to you.  They can't touch any money, can't touch vending machines either, but they can eat food in the vending machines.  Sodas are like $1.10 (exact change) and everything in the vending machine is 75cents.  Limit the money you take.  My son at a bag of Skittles, 2 bags of Doritos, a Pepsi, and a Honey Bun in 1.5 hours.  I am sure he probably paid for that the next day!  There is the Fairground Inn, which is right on the corner of Rt 51 and Bob Green's Road.  Walmart is across the street.  I had a 4 hour drive (from Bloomington, IL), which wasn't bad and I hope for no snow for our next visit and his graduation.  Anyone can send cards/letter, just be sure not to print anything off the internet to send with the letter or they will get your LO out of bed at 12-12:30 am to interrogate them, which may last a couple of hours. Then they send them back to bed, just to get up at 5:00. 

Offline spuskar72

« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
 :wc43: my son also is in bootcamp in duquoin. only been there a few days.. our birthday is Saturday he is turning 18 this will be the first we dont celebrate together. i hope he is holding up.. I'm holding up as much as i can.. i have 5 children he is my only son.. born on my 21 bday.. i miss him so much and can not wait for his first visit

Offline Kenneysheart

« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
My boyfriend of six years and father of my son (turned 2 Thursday) is in DuQuoin. Tomorrow he will have been there two weeks. I still have only recieved the initial letter from his first day and was wondering how long it would be before he can send another??? I write every single day.... Will he get in trouble from me sending too many letters???? I can't help it. I miss him so much and the writing is almost like therapy to me. Raising a toddler alone while going through all is really taking a toll on my stress level. :(

Also, I was wondering if the money I wired to Hillsboro while he was in receiving will be or was transferred to DuQuoin??? I sent 30 dollars right before he was transferred.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2011, 06:34:35 AM »
My boyfriend of six years and father of my son (turned 2 Thursday) is in DuQuoin. Tomorrow he will have been there two weeks. I still have only recieved the initial letter from his first day and was wondering how long it would be before he can send another??? I write every single day.... Will he get in trouble from me sending too many letters???? I can't help it. I miss him so much and the writing is almost like therapy to me. Raising a toddler alone while going through all is really taking a toll on my stress level. :(

Also, I was wondering if the money I wired to Hillsboro while he was in receiving will be or was transferred to DuQuoin??? I sent 30 dollars right before he was transferred.

The money should transfer, but it could take sometime.  Continue to write and support him, he needs that right now. BC is stressful on them too and they need  support from home. Good Luck to  him and you!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jazzy2283

« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »
hi it's my first time on the cite and my fiance` is in duquion and I have not recieved a call this week or any letters.  i know they had a power outage a few weeks back.  what things can cause you to lose your phone or writing priveldges. :wc13: