• November 14, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237835 times)

Offline gettingby

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:43 PM »
LmA924, I know what you mean about this website.  Even though my son has been back since January, I still keep coming back here because of how great everyone is here.  I truly would not have made it through my sons incarceration without the great people on this site. Keep coming back when he is home, there is a lot of great support once they are on parole as well.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »
Thats so true. I dont know too much about the system so this website has helped me soo much!! I'll stick around. Its a habit to come to IPT! First thing I check in the morning, and the last thing i check before I go to bed LOL. Its a wonderful website, especially for people who have not been through Incarceration before! :wc38:

Offline LmA924

« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
I'm just curious how long does it take to change the photo on IDOC website? My fiance has been in boot camp since July 31. And his picture on the website is still the old one when he first got to Pinckneyville. He is still in the yellow jump suit with a very bad hair cut. Thank you for any help.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2008, 07:43:17 PM »
When my son was in bootcamp, he had his photo taken when he first got to Pinckneyville, and did not have another one taken until about a week before his release.  they don't update their photos until they are about to be released.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2008, 01:57:59 AM »
Thank you! I appreciate your help!! Take care!

Offline LmA924

« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
 I just have a quick question about boot camp graduation.. my fiance' is graduating on the 28 of this month. and i'm not exactly sure on where im going for his graduation. any help i appreciate!! is it at the Pinckneyville facility (Graham) or is it somewhere else. Thanks again for your help!

Offline gettingby

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »
LmA924,

WOW!!! That's tomorrow!!!!  Graduation takes place at DuQuoin at 8:30.  Get there about 8:10, they will search you and your car, so make sure it's clean of anything that might be perceived as contraban.  It takes about 15 minutes, than you can take him home.  Great news!!!!    :wc22: :wc22:

Offline LmA924

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »
Thank you!! I am getting so nervous!!! The Time definately went by fassstttt!!! I appreciate everybody's help!!  I didnt mean Graham. LOL. Thats my nerves getting me!!

Offline derek_85_1

« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »
i just got out of du quoin..email me if u want to kno anything about it..my mom was so scared when i was there.i wish i coulda had someone help her out...heres my email address [edited by admin] PLEASE POST QUESTIONS  thanx..hope i help someone

Offline ashlayah

« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
my boyfriend's parent institution is pinckneyville.  it says he's in custody.  he's supposed to be in bootcamp but im not sure if they sent him to dixon springs or du quoin.  can anyone help me figure this out? i wanted to send a letter out today but i wasnt sure which address to send it to.  thanks!

Offline kaylaluvsdavid

« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:54 PM »
Does anyone know haow youcan find out how many people are waiting for bootcamp or when spots open up in a bootcamp??????????

Offline jeremys baby mama

« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
i also have a question..... how does the whole weekly allowence work???? do we supply that with the money we send or does the boot camp?????

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
I believe you're referring to the inmate trust account money that is sent in to the prison by family/friends. Regular prison inmates receive approx. $10 per month 'state pay'....I'm not sure if bootcampers receive it also.  Hopefully someone with a bootcamper will be along to answer your questions.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline LmA924

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2009, 02:47:00 AM »
from what i remember, the inmate gets $3 a day for doing work and it covers all your basics. my ex fiance' didnt need money sent from home.

Offline jeremys baby mama

« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2009, 04:56:59 PM »
thank you for answering my question.... i am just wondering if i should still send money just in case he has to see the nurse or needs anything else

Offline eperez2403

« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
hi everyone, my bro is @ DQIIP he's been there for 75 days which means he only has 45 more days to go yay.... now i know am a newbie at this but i had a visit with him already so feel free to ask questions hopefully i can be of some help

Offline sidekick

« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »
Hi everyone!  My bf is at Du Quoin and I have letters to send to him.  I have seen 2 addresses posted on here. Which address do I send the letter to?  I write him every day but have been holding on to them since Wednesday when I got a letter telling me he was leaving for bootcamp.  He arrived at Pinckeyville on Thursday Dec.17. Thank you for all the help.

Offline savedbyhim2

« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
Dear sidekick,

My son is in DuQuoin.  Just send the letters to the pickneyville address.  Write the name and prisoner ID #, then on the next line write DuQuoin Impact Incarceration Program, then the rest of the address.  It takes 7-9 days for them to get the letter, but he'll get it.  We had our first visit on the 27th of December.  It was wonderful to see our son.

Offline Melchert10

« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
My fiance is in Duquoin and I just got my first letter from him today! He said that the first week is the hardest, which i already knew and that he's doing well, and enjoying the excersize... lol prolly shouldnt let the officers know that little bit of information... Anyway, I know that on their return home they are on a ... kind of home confinement/ankle bracelet parole type thing... Any info on the rules of it? We're expecting our second lil' boy around a month after he returns home and I was trying to figure out the rules on where hes allowed to go and such. Since I would like him to be present for the birth... thanks!

Oh and to answer some other questions, I write to him using the pinkneyville address po box 999 and my letters take four days to reach him :)

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
It sounds unreasonable, but I would definitely inform his po of everything that is going on. Hopefuly he/she has a heart and will be understanding of a birth.