• November 14, 2018, 04:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237856 times)

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »
Gettingby,

You are so right about the stress and sleepness nights we have over them, but we fell guilty if we cause them any lack of sleep.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »
I have spent days and nights reading all this information on boot camp. Thank you to all of you who have posted about this. My fiance' is at Pinckneyville now, does that mean he is in boot camp now or is he still waiting to actually start BC?. Also, does that thing about the pictures still stand? I mailed him pictures while he was waiting at Graham, but I dont know if he still has received them at all. Any answers would help. Also, This may sound dumb, but will he be able to keep the pictures of our children when he starts boot camp? or do they throw them away?

Offline galstone34

• Waiting for daddy to come home!
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »
my son was at Dixon springs bootcamp in Vienna. I am not sure where Du Quoin is. But the pictures and letters can be mailed back if they have money on their books to do so. They can throw away but my son mailed them back. They do not want to get caught with more than 10 letters and 3 pictures or they will get disciplined!

Offline JForce

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
LmA924-

Pinckneyville is the parent institution for DuQuoin.  Is he in a white jumpsuit on the IDOC website?  If so he is in bootcamp.  Duquoin is a stickler with the picture rule.  If it is just the kids and you or no other non relative is in the photo he will be able to keep it as one of his three photos.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
He is in the yellow jumpsuit still. I know its a new picture on the IDOC website, because he now has a hair cut ( i lost it when i saw that pic. he looks so bad). But i wasnt sure if he has actually started bootcamp yet. The pictures, are indiviual. 1 of each child and one of myself. I'm assuming if they are so strick on pictures they will make him throw it away. Considering he is black and I am white, they will know we are not brother and sister.  Thats fine with me, because I do not want to get him in any trouble what so ever. Thanks for you help.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »
 :wc7: I received my first letter today. it was short. basically he is doing good. He said he started BC on 7/31.  He said he doesnt want any visits. just lots of letters. I'm keeping busy writing him and filling him in on what the kids have been doing. and in 4 short months, he will be back home starting a new life.

Offline galstone34

« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2008, 06:03:05 AM »
I am so happy for you! I was happy too get my first one from bc. And believe it,it will pass by fast. Just keep them letters flowing!

Offline galstone34

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2008, 06:06:30 AM »
You can go to the 'Homecomings' thread and put your name and out date there!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »
Good for you  LmA, hope you get many more and write him alot ot pass these next four months!!   :wc18:
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline gettingby

« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2008, 03:58:59 PM »
lmA924,

Glad your fiane made it to boot camp, the time will go by fast now that he is there, My son was at DuQuoin and was released in January, I can tell you that the time while he was in S/V waiting was so much more painful for me than the time he was in bootcamp.  Basically, if he does what he is supposed to do, it won't be too bad for him either.  Just tell him to make sure he follows the rules. 
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »
Thank you. Thats what I told him. Just do what you are supposed to do, and things will be fine. He already sounds like a different person. This is the first time he has ever been locked up. So I know he is ready to come home. He knows its time to grow up and change his life around. I just hope he does, because I do not want to go thru this all over again. I dont think I could handle it.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
My son has been home since January and I'm still telling him that. You should be getting your first phone call soon.  Just keep telling him to stay focused. 

Offline LmA924

« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
Will I be able to get a call if i don't have an account set up with consolidated? I only have a cell phone, and wasn't sure If i could. I believe his grandmother has an account set up, so I think he'll call her first. Thanks for advice. I have received another letter. i am estimating he will be home November 25. Thank you all for your help.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
lmA924
If you only have a cell phone, you need to set up an account.  They will probably require a $50 deposit, and you have to be on his call list. You should call them tomorrow because if he went to BC on 7-31, he should be able to make his first call this Saturday, and that way he will get through no matter who he calls.  They only get a 10 minute call, and it means so much to them to hear our voices.

Offline LmA924

« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
My Fiance' is 55 days into boot camp. He is doing good there. He sounds like a new man! I can not wait for him to come home!! He said its hard, but staying strong and doing what he is told so he can make it home!! i can not wait for that day!!  :wc27:

Offline galstone34

« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2008, 06:20:38 AM »
I am so happy for you and your lo!! My son did not make it through, but ha gained self control, self discipline and patience while there. This was proved when I had to tell him that his fiance drowned the other day. Yours will be a changed man and for the good!! Mine was able to take such bad news without losing total control! I feel you both will just a new with the things he will have gained at bc, my blessings and happiness to you!

Offline gettingby

« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »
Oh galstone, I am so sorry to hear about your son's fiance.  That had to be so hard for him to hear and not be able to be with his family.  Continue to give him the encouragement he needs.  I will keep you in my prayers.

MmA924

Boot camp does change them, the hardest part is once they get out to maintain the discipline they learned in bootcamp.  It can be accomplished, but they have to have their goals and fill their days with productive activities like working or going to school or both.  Is his family going to visit him while he is in bootcamp? 

Offline LmA924

« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »
Believe me, I'm going to do my best to make sure he keeps up that discipline. I know he can do it as long as he leaves alone the bums that got him in the trouble in the first place. He knows what he wants to do when he gets out and  i will encourage him the best I can to make sure he stays on the right path. No, he doesnt want any visits, just lots of letters. so his sisters and grandmother and myself are just writing him as much as possible.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
LmA924,

Believe me when I say this, but I think that as his fiance, you may have more influence on him than his mother.  I know my son's girlfriend of 3 years has a lot more influence on him than I do.  Luckily, she is pretty level headed and tries to keep him on the straight path as well. 

Offline LmA924

« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »
I believe thats true. He has 2 children to think about when he comes home as well. and thats the most important. I believe i am a good person, and try to keep him in line. I do believe he is ready to change his life around. I sure hope so, because myself and the kids can not take him being gone again. Thank you all who have helped me thru this. This website is truely like a family that understands all the feelings and other things we have to go thru. I appreciate all of you!! Thanks again!! :wc38: :wc22: