• November 14, 2018, 04:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237855 times)

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2007, 09:53:04 PM »
Congratulation!!!

Please Keep in touch and we will keep you and your son in our prayers. Christmas came early for you santasl Let us know how things are going for you sledding Mean time you have a merrycsanta and a ny4. swave
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2007, 12:12:46 AM »
Gettingby,

Yes the first visit is December 9th!!!! Is there anyhting else you can tell me about that place??? How long are the visits? Some people say you don't get the full 2 hours?? How is your son doing? How have your visits been? It's good to be on IPT it's been awhile. When does your son graduate? My brother graduates Feb. 7th God willing.

Loretjord,

So glad to hear your son is in bootcamp. Which one did he go to? Now time will fly.  sledding I know it has for us. Yes I'm very excited for my visit. hapys

JForce,
Your time is coming. Don't worry as soon as he gets to prebootcamp the time will fly. S/V is the hardest part as we all know.

Blessings! mst

Everyone take care & God Bless Always
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2007, 07:14:18 AM »
BigSis ,
My son is in Dixon Spring and he is doing fine. I received a phone call from him on Thanksgiving. He just got there, so no it has not been 30 days for him but, I was glad and surprised.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
BigSis,

You will find the visiting room surprisingly nice.  You park right outside and there are windows that look into the parking lot.  Bring your $20 in singles, the boys so look forward to pigging out.  My visit was only 1 1/2 hours, by the time they search the car a good 20-30 can go by.  It was still so good to see him.  Don't forget your 2 forms of ID.  If you get there too early, they will make you leave and come back.  The COs were kind, actually beside getting patted down, they don't come by you until it's time to go.  Don't get me wrong they are always there, but they are behind glass, so the conversation was comforable.  He can't wait to get home, he said he is doing everything he is supposed to.  It's great that you only have 10 days until your visit!
I wrote my son a letter and mailed it the Thursday before, knowing he would not get it until Monday saying how much I enjoyed seeing him.  I thought that after such huge anticipation there is quite a let down after the event is over and he would get the letter on Monday to maintain that same level of encouragement.  He told me how much that helped. So, I see him again this weekend and already mailed my letter.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2007, 09:02:09 PM »
Will anyone be going to Du Quoin to visit sometime in January?  There is a mom who can visit her son in starting January, but doesn't drive.  If you are going in January, please let me know.  I'm trying to help this mom out.  Thanks all   >:)

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2007, 12:29:36 AM »
gettingby

If you look under the transportation forum they have information that might help.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »
Thanks, I'll check.  How was your christmas?

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »
It was good yet a little different because of one missing person, and yours?

Offline gettingby

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
Yes, I couldn't help thinking of him throughout the day. His gifts are still under the tree.

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »
michelle ,
  I am sorry I missed your post on your son is home.. Wonderful news so glad he is home with you now... hulahoop

Gettinby... Your son comes home soon also don't he....?

SMD

Offline gettingby

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
SMD,

God willing, 3 weeks from today, he will wake up in his own bed!! &*&    363636

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
It was good yet a little different because of one missing person, and yours?

Loretjord,

I got on!!! Got your email! Thank you so much for thinking of us. I sent you a reply a little bit ago. Just email me back.

With Love,
BiG Sis
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »
SMD,

God willing, 3 weeks from today, he will wake up in his own bed!! &*& 363636

Gettingby,

How are you guys doing? My life has been a total drama, but Loretjord was so awesome to email me. It set off a light bulb to try to get back on. So I hear your son't big day is today. How exciting I can't wait till that day. We are exactly 24 away!!! I have been driving down every weekend with my parents, but God willing only 2 more visits and then he's home. I hope you guys are enjoying your time together and probably a lot of stories. God Bless you guys.

With Love,
BiG Sis

Offline gettingby

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »
Bis Sis, It is so good to hear from you.  My son is home, big hugs everywhere.  Only 24 days for you, it will go by so fast, although it doesn't feel like it when you are going through it.  Have you visited your brother every weekend? Oh, wow, what a drive for you.  Well, it wont be long now. 

Three weeks ago tomorrow, I posted:
SMD,

God willing, 3 weeks from today, he will wake up in his own bed!! &*&    363636

and now, here it is... he will wake up in his own bed tomorrow!

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »
Welcome back BigSis

know you are doing welll. Just stick aroungm we miss you.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »
Gettingby,

WOW!!! I still remember when we started this journey and we started talking. This is soooooooooo wonderful to hear. I know the time has flown by, but sometimes you doubt it will actually happen. It almost seems unreal that's it's right around the corner. How was his graduation? We are mailing out my brothers clothes for release this weekend, but do you know if we could send another pair of shoes? Well again I'm so happy for you guys. Tell him I said welcome home and good luck! Enjoy your wonderful son!!!!

kissessss ?>?>?>

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »
Welcome back BigSis

know you are doing welll. Just stick aroungm we miss you.

Thanks so much!!!! kissessss ?>?>?>

Offline gettingby

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
BigSis, you probably already mailed his clothes, but yes, you could send another pair of shoes, they will just hold it in his personal property.  Oh, happy day, you are so close now.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
maybe I need to start asking some of these questions, even though my son is end Dixion :-D

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
BigSis, you probably already mailed his clothes, but yes, you could send another pair of shoes, they will just hold it in his personal property. Oh, happy day, you are so close now.

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!! 12 days!!!! We feel like it's a dream. Did you feel like that towards the end? My last visit is this weekend and it's his last phone call other than the day before call. We are on cloud 9! How is your son doing so far? Did he get house arrest? My brother said some of the guys weren't getting it?? I thought they all had to?? Do you know anything about this? His parole officer said that would be determined when he paroled by the parole board. Oh remember when I told you he was hurt by an officer. Well another top investigator from Springfield went to the boot camp and was great with him and asked a lot of questions. They can't treat our boys like that hopefully he does something. Did your son know my brother? Where did your son work there? I hope you don't mind me asking. I just feel it's ok since your son is out and I think it's so neat that they were there together. Well I hope everything is going well. God Bless! Oh can you tell me a little about graduation day??? Thanks ?>?>?>