• November 14, 2018, 04:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright İ 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)  (Read 237843 times)

Offline gettingby

Re: Duquoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2007, 09:52:21 PM »
Michelle,
 I am so happy to hear about your visit with your son. Did you cry? Did you give him a big hug? Did the time fly?   I just got word that my visit was approved to visit my boy in bootcamp on 11-17, yahoo!!!!!! in 10 days I can hug my boy!!!! He and I will celebrate Thankgiving at the vending machines, and God I am soooo thankful for that!  My total drive time will be about 11 hours there and back. All that for a 2 hour visit.  I can't wait, I'm so excited to see him and I know he is excited as well.

Oh, my God, Michelle, he will be home on the 28th! that's only 3 weeks, I'll bet you are so excited, heck, I'm excited for you turkchic
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline michelle

• my baby boy gregory
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2007, 07:49:55 AM »
When i went for my visit they told me to come back at 1;30 to be checked in for visit, It almost 1;50 before my visit started. If u get there to early they will make u leave and come back. They search your car if it is staying on grounds, if its a drop off and come back to get u they dont search it. The prices in the machines arent to bad its only 90 cent for a 20 oz soda, 10 cents for a cup of coffee. You are allowed to only take in 20 one dollar bills that it. You cant take in your purse, wallet, are anything else. Money for machine& your 2 IDS. They will make u leave everything else in your car. The visiting room is pretty small, it only has like 5 tables that sit 4 or 5 people at them. Yes i did cry mainly when he came out and his 4 yr old sister ran up to him and gave him a big hug. The inmates are not allowed to touch the money that you bring, they can go to the machine and show u what they want but you have to get it for them. By the time they get people checked in you only have about one and a half hour visit. ht

Offline que77

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2007, 10:17:46 PM »
absolutely glad to hear you got to see him it's what we look forward to . I myself did not have visitors thats to far I would have felt bad .I think

for me it would have made it harder  .You know the funny thing is you will notice funny habits he will have ...LOLOLOL... When he gets home

he'll be scarfing food faster .......lol ......I still do it you get accustomed to things in boot camp that will translate over to home life...... you'll

see lol  its crazy  .......there will be a whole lot of yes sir yes mam etc... You know exercise and hard work doesn't hurt any one they will come home and have a deeper appreciation for all....... We fed the homeless cleaned up communities raked leaves people got there diplomas and

will have a little more oppurtunities then they may have had  before......HOOOOOOOOOORAHHHH.............

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2007, 08:19:30 AM »
Hi everyone
I'd like to say that my son has been moved to Vienna today and I am so happy, because soon the countdown will start for me.Time has past so fast for you guys, I remember when you were waiting, then the day came to go, now you are having visiting days. Now some will be coming home soon. MAN how time flies.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline JForce

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »
 }}}
I'm really happy for you loretjord7!

JForce

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2007, 04:07:13 PM »
Loertjord7,

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I am so excited for you. I know exactly how you feel. It's an awesome feeling huh? Thank the Lord!!! Now you can hear his voice for a couple weeks. I treasured those weeks. My brother calls tomorrow and today is his thirty days. Our visits have been approved and the first one is Dec. 9th. This time is flying by your so right. I am amazed how quickly the weeks go by but I know it's God's work doing this. He thought he would be home for Christmas but things didn't happen that way. Now we get to go spend Christmas with him and we love it! It's funny I know I took so many things for granted before or to say the Holidays. Now something so simple as doing this is all I need. I will keep praying that your son leaves Vienna as quickly as possible to start boot camp. These moments are treasured ones! hapys ..)
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »
Loretjord7,

Now this is something to be thankful for.  I am so happy for you.  You may be able to get a phone call on Thanksgiving..  While they are at S/V, it feels like they will never be moved, and the days move slowly, and then BANG, all of a sudden they are moved.  Keep preparing him for bootcamp, he is almost there.

JForce,

Hang in there, the time will come for your son to be moved also.  We are all in this together!!

BigSis,

I'm so glad your visit is approved.  My first one is a weak from tomorrow.  Yes, 8 days from this moment I will be sitting across from by boy engaged in conversation or just watching him enjoy something from the vending machine.  I am so excited, the ride isn't even bothering me.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
I thank God and put him first in every thing I do, that is why I thank you all in Jesus name, for being his instruments and being there for me.  Through his grace and mercy he sent me the IPT and my bootcamp family. ./.// I do not think I could have made it without you all.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2007, 09:10:55 PM »
 ..)             hulahoop         Jumping for joy for you  loretjord7

SMD

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »
Gettingby,

That is GREAT!!!! I wish I was in your spot. Eight days that's right around the corner. I know about watching him eat cuz my brother said he'd eat 30 snickers when we're there. I'm excited for you. Thank GOD!!! Enjoy every moment! hapys

?>?>?>
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »
gettingby

Eight days that is beautiful I am so happy for you and tell him the bootcamp family says, hello.

JForce when you talk to your son again let him know that he has help to uplift a many hearts with that information. There was a time when it did take about two months to get to bootcamp. But with one bootcamp closing and the other under renovations it caused them to get behind. Now i am told that they have at least 200 extra beds and that things should start getting back on track, being a living witness that time has flown by, I can now truly from my heart say It won't be long for your love one to be leaving.

My bootcamp family ht t1

Offline JForce

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:38 AM »
loretjord7,

My son was happy to be the bearer of good news.  I think he was as excited as if it were him leaving, but not quite.  It doesn't appear as if there are a great deal of people in pre-bootcamp right now, so maybe your son will be in bootcamp soon!  Good luck to you and your son.

JForce
 ht

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »
Jforce

I have posted on so many forums I can not remember them all. I misread your post and thought your son was with my son and that they were transfered to pre-bootcamp together. Sorry. But even still it won't be long before he will be.

Offline JForce

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »
BiGSis,

How are you doing?  Is it 2 weeks from today for your 1st visit?  Is your brother getting along OK?  He is still in my prayers. And so are you.

frostie JForce

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
JFORCE,

I'M DOING GOOD! YES 2 WEEKS UNTIL OUR FIRST VISIT!! ..) MY BROTHER IS DOING GREAT. THANKS GOD HE GOT A KITCHEN JOB WHICH THEY CALL DIETARY. THANKSGIVING WAS VERY DIFFICULT BECAUSE WE'VE NEVER BEEN APART EVER FOR THANKSGIVING. I DID A LOT OF COOKING SO I TRIED TO FOCUS ON THAT. MY MOM CAME BY WITH A BEAUTIFUL CARD BUT MADE IT WORSE CUZ HE WAS MISSING. ON THE OTHERHAND HE'S ALMOST HOME WE ARE HALF WAY THERE!!!! sledding TIME IS JUST FLYING BY LIKE CRAZY. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. SO TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SON??? I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR QUITE AWHILE BECAUSE A LOT OF CRAZINESS IN MY LIFE BUT IT'S ALL GOOD STUFF IT'S JUST LIFE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND FOR THINKING OF ME IT MEANS A LOT!!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR SON ALWAYS. ?>?>?>

swave

Offline JForce

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2007, 02:07:57 PM »
Hi BiGSis-

We are still in the dorms at SV but should be going to pre boot camp soon.  He's doing fine just wants to get boot camp started.  It's great to hear your brother is doing so well  hapys

Yes, Thanksgiving was really hard for all of us, but it will make us so much more thankful next year.  Take care and check in once in a while.

frostie JForce

Offline gettingby

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2007, 07:56:13 PM »
BigSis,

Good to hear from you.  When you get to visit your brother, you will find the room quite pleasant, all things considered.  December 9th is your 1st visit? I get to see my son again this weekend.  Time is going by much faster now that he is in bootcamp.  It's a beautiful thing. 
Hang in there moms, soon you will be writing about your visits   hapys

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2007, 07:50:20 AM »
Bigsis , hapys
It is good to hear from you, I know your visit will be a very rewarding one for you.

Gettingby,  sledding
You are so right how time is now flying by. I look at it like Two more paychecks before Christmas and when Christmas comes, my son will have been there passed 30 days, which means his 60 days are coming up fast. :-D . Just a way that I look at it.

Jforce  frostie1
It won't be long for your son, you as well as all of IPT are in my prayers. ccc

Offline michelle

• my baby boy gregory
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2007, 03:25:43 PM »
MY SON IS FREE AT LAST HES HOME YEAH THANK EVERYONE FOR THERE PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS THROUGH ALL OF THIS MESS. I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT ALL OF U WITH PEOPLE STILL THERE. THERE WAS ONLY 4 GUYS TO GRADUATE TODAY AT THE 120 DAY MARK. HOPEFULLY THE REST OF U CAN GET THE 120 DAY WAIT LIKE I DID. GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF THE IPT MEMBERS.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »
Michelle,

brv brv brv

Please continue to come on line and update us on how he is doing, how you are doing.  Congratulations