Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 20, 2014, 05:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WESTERN ILLINOIS Correctional Center  (Read 37512 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »

Post information here please

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Dazzler
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:54:45 AM »

Visiting hours are 9 am - 6 pm during the week and 9am - 7 pm on the weekends.

They are allowed 4 hour visits, but it can be knocked down to 2 hours if they are busy.

You get to sit at a table and hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit and you are allowed to hold hands at the table.

They do have vending machines available.

This info given by our member Wolf88 - Thank you!

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi
Peanuts
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »

Western Illinois Correctional Center 

Tarry Williams, Warden

Opened: April 1989
 *Operational Capacity: 2,123
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Western Illinois Correctional Center Population: 1,882
 *Clayton County Work Camp Population: 149
 *Total Current Population: 2,031
 Average Age: 33
 FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $16,056.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
 Western Illinois Correctional Center is the parent institution for Clayton Work Camp
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information
 Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Western Illinois Correctional Center
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.

All visitors must be checked in 1 hour before end of visiting hours

Facility Address

Business Mail:
2500 Rt. 99 South
 Mount Sterling, IL 62353

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 2500 Rt. 99 South
 Mount Sterling, IL 62353

Phone: (217) 773-4441
 Fax: (217) 773-2202

Facility Information

Western Illinois Correctional Center adheres to the mission of the Illinois Department of Corrections, which is to protect the public from criminal offenders through a system of incarceration and supervision, which securely segregates offenders from society, assures offenders of their constitutional rights and maintains programs to enhance the success of offenders' reentry into society.

The Western Illinois Correctional Center houses general population inmates. The center has 21 buildings inside a perimeter fence surrounding 32 acres. The buildings include four housing units, administration building, health care unit, a receiving and segregation unit, dietary department, a warehouse and maintenance complex, a multi-purpose building housing academic, vocational and gymnasium, and a Correctional Industry meat processing plant.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•Pre-GED (Pre-General Education Development)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Automotive Technology
•Construction Occupations
•Horticulture
•Career Technology
•College Academic

Industries:
•Meat Processing

Volunteer Services:
•Religious

Other:
•Life Style Redirections
•Substance Abuse Education
•Anger Management
•Leisure Time Activity
•Chaplaincy
•Library
•Community Work Crews
•Parole School
•Individual Counseling

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/westernillinoiscorrectionalcenter.aspx
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:18:56 PM »

Western is in Mt Sterling way over on the western side of the state.  The prison is very austere looking.  C was there first.  We had trouble getting the approval on the visiting list.  It had to be approved and walked through 3 different areas.  We stayed at the Irish House next to the prison.  It was very pleasant with a pool and jacuzzi.  Unfortunately they moved C the same day we set out,  so I wasn't able to visit there. 
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:26 AM »

The Irish House is right next to the prison.  It is very pleasant, and has a pool and jacuzzi. 

Irish House Hotel 217-773-4100

smfchicago

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 11:47:04 PM »

Does anyone have a loved one at Western and can you tell me a little about it? What it's like for your guy - school, time in and out of cell, etc. Also, what are the  visits and access to the phone like? Thanks!

TinkerBella

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

Baby, I can tell you a whole lot about Western. My husbands been there 2 1/2 years and they are the most prejudice place he has been too. He has been there over 2 years with NO tickets and finally after getting a transfer approval , he gets a bogus ticket, threat and intimidation to a c/o, now thats after his transfer has been approved and he's  waiting to be moved. There is very litle movement yard for for and hour in the afternoon, an hour dayroom in the mornig, rotatting weekely. Phones are cool, never a wait ,and the usual $10 per call for 30 min.Ther is very little school, a construction and typing class, and GED. It's hard to get a decent job. They are very strict on the buddy system to go anywhere, shirts tucked always groomed or you can get a ticket. They shake down VERY often, and yes they count tapes, and commisary in your box! Stuff must be ion the box, or yep"a ticket". Visits are never over 4 hours, even if your theonly one in there. And 8 out of 10 times you WILL get cut to 2 hours on wekends. There is a bus that goes on wed.sat.sun. It usually takes about 4 -4 1/2 hours to get there from Chicagoo. I have a few girls I ride with , however 2 of their men get on this week. Lucky them! So alot of us try to carpool there. If theres anything else you need to know just yell!
Welcome to Westerm! #@!
Kim

Imagine the impossible? Demand the Impressionable! The Resolution is in-destructable ! WE ARE INEVITABLE!!!
hiswifey

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

Hello,

I have a friend who is at Western Correctional Facility and I was wondering if there is anyone who has a loved one in there. I would like some feedback on what to expect not only when visiting but about the relationship while he is in there. He was my first love and I have never got over him. I would like to provide his with some support.
Chell771

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

I do not know anything about that facility, but the best way that I have found to support your loved one is to write as often as possible, allow phone calls and visit if at all possible.  If you can send money, that helps too.  However, I am pretty new at this.  I can tell when I do these things he is very appreciative. 

Good luck to you!
Michelle

FIGHTING4urFREEDOM

Praying 4U2 Come home

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 01:53:13 AM »

I know how you feel dont freat there are many ppl on this site that will help you along your way. I myself am new to this. You will find love comfort and compassion here.

Love Peace & Respect
FIGHTING4urFREEDOM
oneyear2go

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »

Is there anyone that still has a loved one in Western?

justmeandmyman

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »

hi, is ur guy still in western? if there is any one else who goes to western, can u let me know?

Maria
nflores67

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

wc23
Hey my husband was just sent to Western Illinois Correctional center. I noticed that Tinkabell posted something about a bus going out that way. Can you let me know about that.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

wc23
Hey my husband was just sent to Western Illinois Correctional center. I noticed that Tinkabell posted something about a bus going out that way. Can you let me know about that.

If you go to our transportation board here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,117.0.html

there are a few services that go to Western, Family Times being one.  Their phone# and others are listed and you can contact them for more information.

Good Luck to you.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
tinysgirl

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »

Hello, I am new on here and looking for some information on Western CC, my LO was transferred there from Danville, and I have not yet been there to visit, is there a bus that goes there? How is it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
missmyboo

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »

My boyfriend has been in about a year know and gets out September 2, of this year!!!  The lady at the front desk is VERY VERY rude, my mother came to visit from KY and we called before we drove the 3 hours to visit him to make sure she didn't need anything extra, and they just told me 2 forms of I.D, well we get there, and they wouldn't let us visit at all!!  They were on lock down and how come the guy didn't tell me when i called?  I was very frusterated, I think it is a horrible system to punish everyone for something someone else did.  They wonder why they have so many fights and riots, maybe if they would only punish the ones that are causing problems and the ones that are actually trying to learn from their mistakes, give them a little hope?  But what do you expect, when the prison is in the middle of NOWHERE and the CO's are a bunch or red necks that just like treating people like crap!
Wolf88

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »

I am sorry missmyboo that you had a bad experience at Western. I just talked to my LO this afternoon (after you posted this) so I am not sure if it is just one house that is on lock down. They have been going on more frequent lock downs lately. My LO tells me that there are a few COs that have been giving out major attitude lately and have been alternating keeping certain inmates locked in their cells when they are supposed to be on there out time. Some of the inmates have filed grievances about this with the support of another CO, but as usual it has fallen on deaf ears. I hope that you and your mom get to enjoy your time together during her visit and that you get to see your LO soon!
missmyboo

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »

Well, this was back a few weeks ago.  I was just very frusterated that they didn't mention this to me BEFORE I had even left.  I had brought my kids up there for the first time too, and they were so excited to finally get to see him, and I was sad and so were they.  They are too young to understand why they just sat in a car for 3 hours then couldnt' see him.  But I just praise the lord that we only have 55 more days to go!!!  How much longer does your LO have?  If anyone goes to Western from the Quad Cities, holla at me and maybe we can car pool!!
missbaldwin

you have to love her or hem lol

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »

Hi all
I have a loved one at Western and he can only call in the morning time. will that Chang?
missbaldwin

you have to love her or hem lol

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »

Hi there i have a lo in WESTERN to. his been there about two week . I am still looking for info about WESTERN... All the info i see is from a long time a go...
Schmaltzy

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »

Does anyone have any updated information on visits at Western?  How many hours?  Hold hands?  Is the food there better or worse thank stateville or menard?  Any info will help.  Thanks

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........
Nemdf

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »

We went to visit at Western last September.  It was a very pleasant experience compared to Menard.  I think the visits are 4 hours, but we were there on a Friday.  You should call ahead to the facility to see what the rules are.  The food was pretty good, but had not been to Menard in awhile so, I am not really too good for comparing.  They have visitors' rest rooms right there off the visiting room, so that was much less complicated.  The room has a wall of windows that open to a small yard area.  When do you plan to go? 
Schmaltzy

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »

My husband wants to transfer.  Can you hold hands?

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........
katielb

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »

has anyone gotten a phone call from their LO in western? i haven't talked to mine in about a week which is not normal. he normally calls everyday. i know they aren't on lockdown. any ideas?
humbird37

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »

My son is in Western and I haven't heard from him since Tuesday.....I was told the phones would be fixed on Thursday, so I don't know what is going on....Humbird

Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!
duke

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »

Was there on Friday and son said they were still not working. No phone calls from him yet
rjbrittin

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »

At my visit today, I was told to sit across the table from my LO, makes it hard to hold hands.  I asked when this had changed (I was there last Monday) and was told the change occurred on Friday.  It seems a few couples were sitting so close they were touching more than was acceptable.  The example I was given…the inmate would have his knee between the ladies legs and a lot of rubbing would be going on and also the reverse with the ladies knee between the inmate’s legs.  The CO’s got tired of telling the couples to stop.  So here’s another case of a few ruining it for the rest of us.
Dazzler
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

Yep, that's how all the good things have gotten ruined....like picnics, etc....because a few think it's cute to break the rules....because they can't live without rubbing all over their man...like they'll expire if they don't get to maul him...we've heard it here on IPT dozens of times.....LOL.  Then some of these women have to go to visits and push the envelope.  But hopefully those that got the rules changed also got letters revoking their visiting privileges. 

~ Mahatma Gandhi
trina162006

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 12:09:36 AM »

wc36 My Husband is in western I haven't talk to him in almost two week, Inmate Status say MEDICAL FURLOUGH. Can someone please ask there LO to see if he is OK for his name is  Removed by Admin. Please anyone.

If you have a loved one in Western please send Trina a pm to get her lo name
KSwife

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »

Trina, call his counselor in the morning and let them know you are worried about your LO, they may provide information as to the medical furlough reason. Does he have any medical problems you are aware of that would warrant medical attention?

Grumpy people are annoying!!!
Mz.Penny2636

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 02:59:52 PM »

My lo is at western illinois and i read all the post about it and the one about transportation link that's posted is not working for me it says i am not authorized!!!  i just need to know about buses that go there and the info to contacting them.

All CAPS edited out by Staff
bgriffin

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »

My husband is being moved from Statesville to Western today.  I already have the mailing address.  I need to know how bad it is there for older inmates as far as how they are treated by inmates and co alike.  He's 41.  Is it really hard to stay out of trouble there? He's only supposed to be in for 21months if he behaves.
mserer

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

My husband is being moved from Statesville to Western today.  I already have the mailing address.  I need to know how bad it is there for older inmates as far as how they are treated by inmates and co alike.  He's 41.  Is it really hard to stay out of trouble there? He's only supposed to be in for 21months if he behaves.

Hi bgriffin - My bf is in his late 40's and he did fine at Western (he is now at Clayton work camp) the food is better than Statesville so he got some weight back on him once he transferred.  With any place there are some problems but he didn't seem to have too many problems.  If your husband can get to the work camp it is even better.  Good luck and take care
Nemdf

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

My LO is at Western, turns 41 on Sunday.  It seems to work out for him as to the age.  When I have visited (which is rarely due to distance), there seem to be other inmates that are not "young" there.
bgriffin

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »

Thank you all so much for the replies!  Hubby told my mother in law he's lost 35 pounds since he's been in, not even a month.  He gets sick every time he eats.  Hopefully at western he'll do better. 

It's really hard being without him, especially the holidays.  He's all the family I really have, and I'm finding myself worrying about him a lot.  His mother says he's getting pretty depressed but he won't talk to counselor because counselor only wants to talk about his family or something.  Hubby never was one for talking about his feelings. :-)
Nemdf

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »

Had a call from our LO last night.  He said he got notice yesterday to pack up.  He thinks he's being transferred on Wednesday, but has no other information.  His last several transfer requests had been denied, and he is not up to make another request at this time.  He is not in trouble or anything.  He only talked for about 10 minutes, said there were long lines for the phones , "...probably a bunch of guys need to call to tell their families..." he said.  Was anyone else called to hear this news?   I am signed up for VINE so expect to hear something maybe Thursday.  He also asked me to get a money order ready to mail out as soon as we hear where he went, in case his trust account doesn't follow right away.

If anyone has any other news or info about unexpected transfers from Western, please share.  Thank you.
Rhonda R

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »

my hubby is at western i called there today i talked to a weekend counselor she was very nice,she did tell me it would be 2-3 weeks before he would be able to call i just want to let everyone know this that has L/O their, i did not received a call from my hubby while in R/C at stateville.i will call Monday to find out more info at western
CLScroggins

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »

My husband is in western. Still no phone call... Any idea how to check if he is approved for phone priviledges yet?
Nichole

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »

My man is in Western also, it took about 6 weeks for his phone list to get approved. wc61

jevans

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22:10 PM »

My man is at Western, for about 6 months now. If there is anything I can help you with let me know..I visit there very often and have become very familiar with most the rules and most of the staff there....
robin in ohio

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »

My man is at Western, for about 6 months now. If there is anything I can help you with let me know..I visit there very often and have become very familiar with most the rules and most of the staff there....
Jevans my husband just got moved there today can you tell me how long does it take so I can visit him...I also seen posted that it will take up to 6 weeks that I will be getting a phone call?

Gizgirl2

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 05:37:35 AM »

My man transferred there 3 weeks ago. I went and seen him that Saturday. It only took 2 days for his visiting list to get approved. He called me the next day after he got there but we only got 4 min. He's in receiving right now so they have to share the phone with like 150 guys and they only got an hour of dayroom that next day. It only took like 2 days for him to be moved to GP. When you visit make sure you visit you take extra clothes in your car. They are really strict. I've been twice and seen 2 people get turned away because of their clothes. If you have any other questions let me know.

robin in ohio

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 06:29:46 AM »

I'm really worried about his health...he's been doing the Hep. C treatment...I know damn well they didn't give him his meds when being in movement...I'm stress out to the max with worry  wc17

Gizgirl2

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »

Where did he transfer from?

robin in ohio

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 07:39:01 AM »

Where did he transfer from?
Lawrence

Gizgirl2

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »

Well hopefully you will get a call sometime today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!

jaf

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »

Yeah, you should get a call soon.  They are really quick at getting them settled in and getting lists approved. 

But like Gizgirl said - dress very conservatively and bring some extra clothes!  One day we saw THREE people have to leave and change clothes!  The guards recommend NO white tops, and they say if they can see your bra through whatever you have on it won't work.  One gal had on two layers of thin tops, but you could still see the outline of her bra, so she was a no-go.  Another just had a thin top that you could see through.  The third was an older gal with a white skirt that went almost to the floor. . the guard said she could see through it, so made her go down the street to Dollar General to get some leggins to go under it.

And don't be in any hurry.  It almost always takes 45 minutes to check in there.  It doesn't really make sense, but it does take that long.  And it's not that they're taking their time, either, I guess they just have to do more there?  They are all business.  Very serious.    But it's pretty nice once you get inside!
robin in ohio

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »

Is your l/o sitting at the tables once you get in or do you have to wait some more in the visiting room also? Also for the first time visit for the inmate can they walk up to the vending machines to take a look to see what they have? Do they have board games and cards that you can use? The food cards how does it work there to get one and how much is the lockers?

jaf

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »

wc49
Is your l/o sitting at the tables once you get in or do you have to wait some more in the visiting room also? Also for the first time visit for the inmate can they walk up to the vending machines to take a look to see what they have? Do they have board games and cards that you can use? The food cards how does it work there to get one and how much is the lockers?

Sometimes they are there, sometimes you have to wait.
No, they may not walk up to the vending machines.
No board games or cards.  I asked a while back and the guy looked all around and said there used to be some there. (He then jokingly offered me crayons and coloring pages.)  So last week I asked again and the gal said no. I thought maybe they all just got worn out or disappeared, so I asked if it would be possible to donate some or some $ to purchase some.  She the further explained that they used to sell them in the vending machines, but they are not allowed at all there anymore because people were destroying them and gambling with them so they are now considered contraband.   (So, once again a few have ruined it for many.)
There is no fee for the lockers there.
The debit card  takes a $5 bill, and some of that stays on the card to use. You can then add up to $40 to the card.  If you bring more people with you and think you need more money than that, more than one of you may purchase a card.
robin in ohio

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »

Thanks for all the info.  wc38

robin in ohio

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »

What hotels do you all stay at when you visit? I just called that Irish House and it's $73.14 a night for just 1 person.

Gizgirl2

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »

Im only an hour away so I've never stayed. But I believe the Irish House is the only hotel in Mt Sterling. I believe there are some in Rushville its about 40min from there I think.

Actually it's 20 min away sorry.

robin in ohio

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »

Actually it's 20 min away sorry.

Thanks Gizgirl2 for the info.

jaf

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:56 AM »

I'm a little over an hour away, so don't stay anywhere, either. 

Quincy is another option - it's 40 minutes away.   A little more of a drive, but a lot more options of things to do during the hours you can't be visiting!
Debba

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »

My son just transferred to Western CC from receiving In Statesville.   Can anyone please share information about this facility.  Especially housing and leisure.  I heard its a 23 and 1. Also does anyone know when inmates receive their good time.  Thank you

jaf

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

Here's some current info on Western.  My son has been there for six months now.

They are pretty fast at getting phone and visiting lists approved.  Have you set up your phone account yet?  He will probably be trying to call you soon! 

Visits - 4 hours!  Visits are very nice there, but sometimes it takes forever (seems like!) to get inside.  The COs out front are very thorough and S L O W.  Sometimes it takes 45 minutes to get in. They are all business.  No sleeveless tops, no see through (if they can see the color of your bra through it, you'll be heading to the Dollar General down the street!)  No short shorts or short skirts.  One day we saw 3 ladies turned away to go change.  Many people bring extra clothes in their car for a quick change if they need it.
There is a hotel very close to Western, (the Irish, I think) but Mt Sterling is a small boring town.  Quincy is about 40 minutes away, so if I was coming from a distance, I might choose to stay there.  We live pretty close, so we don't have that to deal with there.

The inmates get to go to their day rooms for 1 1/2 hours each day.  The time rotates - not sure if this is exactly right, but it goes (for my son's pod)  like this:  8 AM,  8 PM, 12:30 PM, and 6 PM.  They are able to use the phones, do laundry, take a shower, and hang out with other guys during this time.

I think they go outside for an hour or so for 3 days in a row, and then the 4th day they stay in.  - as long as the weather is okay.

Western is rarely ever on lockdown. That's a good thing!

Welcome!  I'll be glad to try to answer any other questions you have.
Debba

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »

I plan on visiting tomorrow.  They ask for 2 IDs.  What can I bring beside my drivers license?   Do they have lockers to store personals?
jaf

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »

I plan on visiting tomorrow.  They ask for 2 IDs.  What can I bring beside my drivers license?   Do they have lockers to store personals?

Not sure about the IDs, but yes they have lockers and they have some quarters there that they just recycle, so you don't have to pay for them. Have you been there before? If you have, you just need one ID.
emb10285

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »

My loved one is at Shawnee but when I called about IDs she told me a lisence and something with a photo on it I have a school ID and I was told that would work.
DLux77

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »

Whenever I go I always being my State I.D and birth certificate
robin in ohio

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 01:11:56 AM »

Does anyone know who is the Warden now at Western?

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »

This is the new Warden at Western:

Jeff Korte, Warden 

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
jaf

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »

wc64

Jeff Korte, Warden 

Oh. That makes more sense.  When I saw earlier it said Tarry Williams I thought it sounded familiar and now I know it was the old one. 

Okay, does anybody know anything about Jeff Korte?
robin in ohio

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2014, 04:41:23 AM »

Jeff Korte, Warden 
wc38

Gizgirl2

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:04 AM »

Just wanted to update everyone on the new warden. He is changing a lot of things. Hes already taken the new style mattresses that they gave out last year and gave everyone the clear plastic ones again. He took all the spring beds out of 1 house and gave them solid bunks. He's taking away regular size toothbrushes June 5th. Also when Orange Crush came through there they broke everyone's old style lamps and or lightbulbs. They are wanting them to use the new LED book clamp lamps that they now sale. He is going to take ink pens away and replace them with seg pens. He's wanting to put a $75 limit on commissary and take everyone's hot pots from them.  Sounds like he's trying to turn it into a Max style facility to me.

jaf

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »

Just wanted to update everyone on the new warden. He is changing a lot of things. Hes already taken the new style mattresses that they gave out last year and gave everyone the clear plastic ones again. He took all the spring beds out of 1 house and gave them solid bunks. He's taking away regular size toothbrushes June 5th. Also when Orange Crush came through there they broke everyone's old style lamps and or lightbulbs. They are wanting them to use the new LED book clamp lamps that they now sale. He is going to take ink pens away and replace them with seg pens. He's wanting to put a $75 limit on commissary and take everyone's hot pots from them.  Sounds like he's trying to turn it into a Max style facility to me.

Oh my, that doesn't sound good.  Sad to hear this. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: