Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

BIG MUDDY ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
CENTRALIA ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
PINCKNEYVILLE ON LOCKDOWN.CALL BEFORE VISITING. 
SOUTHWESTERN ON LOCKDOWN.CALL BEFORE VISITING.
SHAWNEE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 09:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WESTERN ILLINOIS Correctional Center  (Read 39229 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »

Post information here please

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:54:45 AM »

Visiting hours are 9 am - 6 pm during the week and 9am - 7 pm on the weekends.

They are allowed 4 hour visits, but it can be knocked down to 2 hours if they are busy.

You get to sit at a table and hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit and you are allowed to hold hands at the table.

They do have vending machines available.

This info given by our member Wolf88 - Thank you!

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Peanuts
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »

Western Illinois Correctional Center 

Tarry Williams, Warden

Opened: April 1989
 *Operational Capacity: 2,123
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Western Illinois Correctional Center Population: 1,882
 *Clayton County Work Camp Population: 149
 *Total Current Population: 2,031
 Average Age: 33
 FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $16,056.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
 Western Illinois Correctional Center is the parent institution for Clayton Work Camp
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information
 Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Western Illinois Correctional Center
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.

All visitors must be checked in 1 hour before end of visiting hours

Facility Address

Business Mail:
2500 Rt. 99 South
 Mount Sterling, IL 62353

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 2500 Rt. 99 South
 Mount Sterling, IL 62353

Phone: (217) 773-4441
 Fax: (217) 773-2202

Facility Information

Western Illinois Correctional Center adheres to the mission of the Illinois Department of Corrections, which is to protect the public from criminal offenders through a system of incarceration and supervision, which securely segregates offenders from society, assures offenders of their constitutional rights and maintains programs to enhance the success of offenders' reentry into society.

The Western Illinois Correctional Center houses general population inmates. The center has 21 buildings inside a perimeter fence surrounding 32 acres. The buildings include four housing units, administration building, health care unit, a receiving and segregation unit, dietary department, a warehouse and maintenance complex, a multi-purpose building housing academic, vocational and gymnasium, and a Correctional Industry meat processing plant.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•Pre-GED (Pre-General Education Development)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Automotive Technology
•Construction Occupations
•Horticulture
•Career Technology
•College Academic

Industries:
•Meat Processing

Volunteer Services:
•Religious

Other:
•Life Style Redirections
•Substance Abuse Education
•Anger Management
•Leisure Time Activity
•Chaplaincy
•Library
•Community Work Crews
•Parole School
•Individual Counseling

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/westernillinoiscorrectionalcenter.aspx
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:18:56 PM »

Western is in Mt Sterling way over on the western side of the state.  The prison is very austere looking.  C was there first.  We had trouble getting the approval on the visiting list.  It had to be approved and walked through 3 different areas.  We stayed at the Irish House next to the prison.  It was very pleasant with a pool and jacuzzi.  Unfortunately they moved C the same day we set out,  so I wasn't able to visit there. 
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:26 AM »

The Irish House is right next to the prison.  It is very pleasant, and has a pool and jacuzzi. 

Irish House Hotel 217-773-4100

smfchicago

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 11:47:04 PM »

Does anyone have a loved one at Western and can you tell me a little about it? What it's like for your guy - school, time in and out of cell, etc. Also, what are the  visits and access to the phone like? Thanks!

TinkerBella

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

Baby, I can tell you a whole lot about Western. My husbands been there 2 1/2 years and they are the most prejudice place he has been too. He has been there over 2 years with NO tickets and finally after getting a transfer approval , he gets a bogus ticket, threat and intimidation to a c/o, now thats after his transfer has been approved and he's  waiting to be moved. There is very litle movement yard for for and hour in the afternoon, an hour dayroom in the mornig, rotatting weekely. Phones are cool, never a wait ,and the usual $10 per call for 30 min.Ther is very little school, a construction and typing class, and GED. It's hard to get a decent job. They are very strict on the buddy system to go anywhere, shirts tucked always groomed or you can get a ticket. They shake down VERY often, and yes they count tapes, and commisary in your box! Stuff must be ion the box, or yep"a ticket". Visits are never over 4 hours, even if your theonly one in there. And 8 out of 10 times you WILL get cut to 2 hours on wekends. There is a bus that goes on wed.sat.sun. It usually takes about 4 -4 1/2 hours to get there from Chicagoo. I have a few girls I ride with , however 2 of their men get on this week. Lucky them! So alot of us try to carpool there. If theres anything else you need to know just yell!
Welcome to Westerm! #@!
Kim

Imagine the impossible? Demand the Impressionable! The Resolution is in-destructable ! WE ARE INEVITABLE!!!
hiswifey

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

Hello,

I have a friend who is at Western Correctional Facility and I was wondering if there is anyone who has a loved one in there. I would like some feedback on what to expect not only when visiting but about the relationship while he is in there. He was my first love and I have never got over him. I would like to provide his with some support.
Chell771

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

I do not know anything about that facility, but the best way that I have found to support your loved one is to write as often as possible, allow phone calls and visit if at all possible.  If you can send money, that helps too.  However, I am pretty new at this.  I can tell when I do these things he is very appreciative. 

Good luck to you!
Michelle

FIGHTING4urFREEDOM

Praying 4U2 Come home

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 01:53:13 AM »

I know how you feel dont freat there are many ppl on this site that will help you along your way. I myself am new to this. You will find love comfort and compassion here.

Love Peace & Respect
FIGHTING4urFREEDOM
oneyear2go

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »

Is there anyone that still has a loved one in Western?

justmeandmyman

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »

hi, is ur guy still in western? if there is any one else who goes to western, can u let me know?

Maria
nflores67

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

wc23
Hey my husband was just sent to Western Illinois Correctional center. I noticed that Tinkabell posted something about a bus going out that way. Can you let me know about that.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

wc23
Hey my husband was just sent to Western Illinois Correctional center. I noticed that Tinkabell posted something about a bus going out that way. Can you let me know about that.

If you go to our transportation board here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,117.0.html

there are a few services that go to Western, Family Times being one.  Their phone# and others are listed and you can contact them for more information.

Good Luck to you.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
tinysgirl

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »

Hello, I am new on here and looking for some information on Western CC, my LO was transferred there from Danville, and I have not yet been there to visit, is there a bus that goes there? How is it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
missmyboo

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »

My boyfriend has been in about a year know and gets out September 2, of this year!!!  The lady at the front desk is VERY VERY rude, my mother came to visit from KY and we called before we drove the 3 hours to visit him to make sure she didn't need anything extra, and they just told me 2 forms of I.D, well we get there, and they wouldn't let us visit at all!!  They were on lock down and how come the guy didn't tell me when i called?  I was very frusterated, I think it is a horrible system to punish everyone for something someone else did.  They wonder why they have so many fights and riots, maybe if they would only punish the ones that are causing problems and the ones that are actually trying to learn from their mistakes, give them a little hope?  But what do you expect, when the prison is in the middle of NOWHERE and the CO's are a bunch or red necks that just like treating people like crap!
Wolf88

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »

I am sorry missmyboo that you had a bad experience at Western. I just talked to my LO this afternoon (after you posted this) so I am not sure if it is just one house that is on lock down. They have been going on more frequent lock downs lately. My LO tells me that there are a few COs that have been giving out major attitude lately and have been alternating keeping certain inmates locked in their cells when they are supposed to be on there out time. Some of the inmates have filed grievances about this with the support of another CO, but as usual it has fallen on deaf ears. I hope that you and your mom get to enjoy your time together during her visit and that you get to see your LO soon!
missmyboo

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »

Well, this was back a few weeks ago.  I was just very frusterated that they didn't mention this to me BEFORE I had even left.  I had brought my kids up there for the first time too, and they were so excited to finally get to see him, and I was sad and so were they.  They are too young to understand why they just sat in a car for 3 hours then couldnt' see him.  But I just praise the lord that we only have 55 more days to go!!!  How much longer does your LO have?  If anyone goes to Western from the Quad Cities, holla at me and maybe we can car pool!!
missbaldwin

you have to love her or hem lol

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »

Hi all
I have a loved one at Western and he can only call in the morning time. will that Chang?
missbaldwin

you have to love her or hem lol

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »

Hi there i have a lo in WESTERN to. his been there about two week . I am still looking for info about WESTERN... All the info i see is from a long time a go...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: