• September 28, 2016, 10:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2016. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: BIG MUDDY Correctional Center  (Read 74915 times)

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
BIG MUDDY Correctional Center
« on: April 08, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »

Big Muddy River Correctional Center 

Zach Roeckeman, Warden 

Facility Data

Big Muddy River Correctional Center
 Opened: March 1993
 *Operational Capacity: 1,938
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Current Population: 1,883
 Average Age: 38
 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $16,081

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

General Population Offenders
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays. 

All visitors must arrive by 4:00 p.m. as no visits will be allowed after that time due to the notification time and time delay in the visit processing.

Segregation Offenders
 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week. Offenders are only allowed to visit for one (1) hour. All visitors must arrive no later then 12:00 p.m.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
251 N. Illinois Highway 37
 Ina, IL 62846

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 251 N. Illinois Highway 37
 Ina, IL 62846

Phone: (618) 437-5300
 Fax: (618) 437-5627

Facility Information

The Big Muddy River Correctional Center's most important goal is to ensure that the employees have a safe and secure environment in which to work, while at the same time, ensuring that offenders housed at the facility are afforded the opportunity to live in a safe and humane environment that is conducive to programming opportunities. The various programming opportunities are designed to assist inmates in bettering themselves so that they may become prepared for life in the community upon release.

The Big Muddy River Correctional Center is a medium security adult male facility, located one mile south of Ina in Jefferson County. The facility consists of a total of 20 buildings, which comprise more than 39,000 square feet. The living units consist of four X-type housing units, one receiving and orientation unit, one segregation unit and a 15-bed health care unit. The facility sits on a 78-acre site, with 38 acres enclosed by fencing.

Inmate Programs

Academic
 •ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)
•Special Education Programs
Vocational:
•Automotive
•Construction Occupations
•Horticulture
•Culinary Arts
•Youthful Offenders Educational Program for offenders 21 and under

Other:

•Career Technology
•Life Style Redirection
•Reentry Summit
•Substance Abuse
•Sex Offender Program
•SDP (Sexually Dangerous Persons) Treatment Program
•Anger Management
•Transition Program
•Leisure Time Activity
•Chaplaincy
•Library

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/bigmuddyriver.aspx

Offline tkesde1

Re: BIG MUDDY Correctional Center
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
I've posted this before, in another area, but still not getting phone list approved. It's only been 8 days, but the visiting list was approved the day after my l/0 arrived. Thankfully, he is an outgoing & likeable person and another guy who had been there a while had his wife call me to let me know that the visitor list was approved so I was able to go see him the next day. So my advice is, call up and ask if the visitor list is approved a day or two after they transfer, because apparently that process is pretty quick right now. I just wish the phone list would catch up!
He's home!

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »
The guys got their Christmas treats this week.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:49:48 AM »
The guys got their Christmas treats this week.

What did they get?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline humbird37

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »
My son told me, but I forgot! Imagine that...:)
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline humbird37

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
I do remember he was happy with it.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
same here, my son told me but I also can't remember.  He also was happy with it.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:30:09 AM »
Mine said they got cereal, granola bars & candy bars.
He's home!

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
strawberry greek yogurt flavor honey bunch and oats bars...3 types of pretzels...10 granola bars...2 strawberry wafers...2 red vines cherry, 2 fruit red vines....10 mini snickers...

Offline bummed

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »
hi new at big muddy  :wc13: how r the showers there? my hunny is disabled has prosthesis needed shower rails in last prison... Do u have any info on that? 21 hrs lockup? what the heck:-(  any info on big muddy I'd appreciate a lot worried... Seems sooo far from chi area :wc95: 

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
The good news is that it is straight down 57 from Chicago. If you were to take the Greyhound down, there is a crappy little hotel which also serves as the Greyhound stop in Marion. If anybody ever wants to use that option and coordinate a ride up with me from Marion, just let me know by sending a message.

I don't know about handicapped shower stalls, I can ask my hubby when he calls at noon. They alternate long/short days, 8:00 - 9:15 & 6:15 - 7:30 on short days and 12:00 - 2:15 & 7:45 - 9:15(30) on long days.
He's home!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
hi new at big muddy  :wc13: how r the showers there? my hunny is disabled has prosthesis needed shower rails in last prison... Do u have any info on that? 21 hrs lockup? what the heck:-(  any info on big muddy I'd appreciate a lot worried... Seems sooo far from chi area :wc95: 

Hubby says there are shower chairs available (he's a personal care attendant)
He's home!