• March 18, 2019, 07:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Lodging & Travel Questions  (Read 46844 times)

Offline jsmom

Re: Lodging & Travel Questions
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
Ielene, Thomson is less than an hour from me and I'm not real familiar with the town but I am familiar with a few parks for camping near there. I googled it for campgrounds so will include that link for you to check out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=campgrounds+near+thomson+illinois&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=YVl0SsY-lYIxjfbZsQw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1

Let me know if I can be of any further help to you.
Live for today
Laugh for the moment
Love forever

Offline ielene

• God Bless
  • Cadence, my sweet sweet girl
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
Thanks, I had called some of these a few days ago. Most was very confused when I asked about the winter months, like who in there right mind wants to stay in an RV in the middle of winter? The Seven Eagle is the most promising so far. It is much nicer than the one I am at now for the same price. Only a few miles from Thompson. I am not sure about the winter months as I don't think they quite understood as to why I would even want to be there. I am going to call a few others on that list that didn't come up on my search. I just need them to listen after I mention winter LOL. Thanks for the help, I may even drive there after I see my son this month. Maybe I can make the understand better if I talk to them in person. If I pass your area maybe we could do lunch or something.
God Bless everyone no exceptions!

Offline autumns_mummee

• "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. "
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »
I visit Logan in Lincoln, we stay at the Hampton Inn right next to Cracker Barrel exit 126 off I55 I believe. It's fairly new. There is also a Steak & Shake nearby & a Wal-Mart, lots of gas stations etc. It's about $80 a night but they have the most comfy beds in the world, an indoor pool, internet access & a great continental breakfast. The staff is really friendly too. Nice view of a cornfield out back. lol

Offline icebox521

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 03:52:04 AM »
Hi everyone. My sister and I will be driving to Vienna, Il this week to see my nephew (a 6 hr drive one way!)  since its our first time going there, we have no idea where to stay the night. many of the post on here    about lodging are from years ago, so I was hoping someone would have some current advice on this. We want to stay in the most reasonable priced hotel that we can, since we wont be spending a lot of time there, and only 1 night, but we sure want a clean and pleasant place to stay. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Offline ms. doing her thang

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »
wondering if anyone knows the price for the irish house next door to the facility

Offline Naddy71

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:45 AM »
Hi, I am hoping to travel to Illinois later on this year to visit my l/o at Taylorville and was wondering if anybody on here could tell me the closest hotel/motel to the correctional centre? I will be travelling from Chicago by train to Springfield and then hiring a car for a few days. Is it best to stay in Taylorville rather than Springfield? Any advice would be appreciated. Coming a long way and need to get accommadation sorted.

Naddy71

Offline plainjane

Joliet Super 8? Visiting Stateville
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »
I'm visiting Stateville in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Super 8 in Joliet? Looks like an okay place, but I'm from out of state, have never been to the area before. Is it pretty safe? It looks like it's right off of Division St., and as I understand, Stateville is off Division/Rt. 53. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03380

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »
It's a decent area.  We've had many members stay there on visits.  There's lots of shopping and restaurants in the area and it's a quick drive to the prison.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline gege15

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
I live in chicago and im trying to visit my fiancee in robinson c c does anyone know any traveling services that go out there. I used to travel with family times but they no longer travel. So if anyone has any info plz hit me up thanks

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
My baby was telling me about a motel across The road from IL Riv for $10/nite...does any one have any info on that or has stayed there??? What other lodging options are there around Canton??? Plz lemme know...greatly appreciate it! :)

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
 :wc38: prices look pretty decent...even better if I split it with a friend :)

Offline mrsjackson7

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »
Crowe29 - Sometimes I do overnites in Canton.  Two ladies and myself split a room for a night at the Super8 which is down by their Wal-mart (just go east of the Burger King off IL-9 - - - Ithink).  The room had 3 full size beds in it which we loved.  It was quite clean and I saw no bedbugs when I checked the covers, matresses, and pillows.  The innkeepers were hospitable.  There is a steakhouse with a buffet right up the road from the motel on your way to IRCC.  The food was good, too.  There is Canton Inn on the way into the town on IL-9 coming from Peoria.  I have not stayed there.  The one of which your LO is speaking isn't exactly across the street, but it is closest to the place.  It looks like a little small town motel and neither have I stayed there.  I hope this info was helpful to you.

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:10 PM »
Thank u MrsJackson :) i'll def keep that in mind...where all are u coming from...maybe we can work something out for a carpool next time u go to IRCC??? will gladly split the expenses :)

Offline mrsjackson7

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »
Hi Crowe29, we are all living in Rockford; it's about 25 miles from the Wisconsin state line midway Illinois' upper area.  If you don't mind coming here, we don't mind another rider.  :wc12:
Right now, there are 3 of us and we split everything 3 ways.  4 ways would save us all.  All you all the way in Chicago or in the burbs?  We will be going on Saturday for our Mother's Day visit.

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2011, 12:04:52 PM »
MrsJackson: i'm planning on going next Sunday as tomorrow I'm graduating, yay! I'm on the edge of Chicago, very close to Des Plaines/Park Ridge, right off the 90 or the 290 depending on which house i'm at that day, lol! Which route do you take to get down there??? I was thinking of meeting ya'll half-way somewhere en route, I also have a way to be close to the 55 if necessary. Plz let me know how we can work this out so I'm not driving to Rockford by myself (yeah, i'm a bit of a chicken, lol!) U can pm me with options n arrangements...would so love to share the ride with ya'll! :)

Offline piirate

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
Not sure if I'm in the right place.

Has anyone gone to the super 8 in danville?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
Not sure if I'm in the right place.

Has anyone gone to the super 8 in danville?

You might want to ask this on the Danville Chat board.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline piirate

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
sorry

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
sorry

No, don't be sorry, I just think you will get  a quicker answer on that board.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”