• March 18, 2019, 07:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Lodging & Travel Questions  (Read 46842 times)

Offline Favored23

• Thank you Lord!
Re: Lodging
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »
Dixon Ladies:

Which hotel is in RockFalls?  Any info. please forward.  Thanks
Psalm 146:7 (NIV)

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
       and gives food to the hungry.
       The LORD sets prisoners free!!

Offline whitecastleman

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »
The comment by Lissa about Trip Rewards is a good one.  Virtually all motel chains have some type of rewards program for guests.  Its free to sign up and the points add up and can be redeemed for free nights.  Some programs also have credit card offers that allow the points to build as well.  Depending on the motel chain, there are some nice little perks that go along with the points program (free newspapers, room upgrades, late check out, etc.).  I end up staying in motels about 30 nights a year, mostly on business, and the points pile up pretty quickly.

Several months ago, my family and I were traveling during the holidays.  We stopped at a exit where there were several motels and I noticed that the parking lots were pretty empty.  I asked the clerk about the rates and decided to see if he could offer any kind of a better deal.  He ended up giving us two rooms for the price of one!  We put the kids in one room and my wife and I took the jacuzzi suite.  Nice!

Never be afraid to politely ask!

whitecastleman

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
favored,  I didn't see your question.   I stayed at the all seasons motel in rock falls when I made a trip in March.  I gave details about it under dixon prison profile.  It's easy to get to and  $40 /night inc all taxes. 

Offline Favored23

• Thank you Lord!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »
Thanks dancer!  Sending some Karma!
Psalm 146:7 (NIV)

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
       and gives food to the hungry.
       The LORD sets prisoners free!!

Offline blsgrl1231

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 09:23:53 PM »
For anyone who goes to Vienna or Shawnee... The Drury Inn in Marion, IL is awesome. It is about a half hour away from the prisons, but easy to get to and from. It's usually between $79-$99 per night w/free hot breakfast, internet access and 1 hour of free long distance calls. It is a very safe place and it's close to a mall and restaurants.

Offline AmNJr24

• I give my smiles to some, my emotions to a few, but my heart belongs to you <3
  • I miss him!
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
HOTEL INFO.   :)           ........http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

Country Inn & Suites (about 25 min. from Dixon... by I88)
2106 FIRST AVENUE     
ROCK FALLS,  IL  61071
(815) 625-3200
www.countryinns.com
PRICE:
74.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
Guest Rooms are furnished with:
-Complimentary High Speed Internet Access
-Complimentary Continental Breakfast
-Coffeemaker
-Hairdryer -Iron -Ironing Board
-Modem Hookup
-25 inch TV with Cable

FEATURES:
** Full payment due at time of booking** Cancellations made within 3 days of arrival will be charged 1 night plus tax. cancellations made 4 or more days prior to arrival will be charged $25.00.

GUARANTEE POLICY:
Advance payment required
Credit card payment only accepted
Deposit of full stay plus tax due 1 day(s) after booking
Credit card will be billed by hotel at time of booking

(I personally like Country Inn & Suites)

Holiday Inn
2105 1ST AVENUE
ROCK FALLS, IL 61071
UNITED STATES
www.holidayinn.com

ROOM DESCRIPTION:

1 KING BED LEISURE NONSMOKING   (they also have pool views, pool side rooms, and more)
WITH FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET PAY PER VIEW MOVIES AND NINTENDO WORK DESK ERGONOMIC DESK CHAIR COFFEEMAKER IRON AND BOARD BLOW DRYER

Advance Purchase
$71.10   (USD) PER ROOM, PER NIGHT
TAX: 11% PER NIGHT NOT INCLUDED IN RATE EFFECTIVE 26 JULY, 2007 THRU 27 JULY, 2007
EXCLUDES GRATUITY
3 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

ROOM DESCRIPTION:

2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING  (have more choices of rooms with double beds)
2 DOUBLE BEDS NEWLY REMODELED WITH MICROWAVE REFRIGERATOR COFFEEMAKER IRON AND BOARD BLOW DRYER FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET PAY PER VIEW MOVIES AND NINTENDO

Advance Purchase
$80.10   (USD) PER ROOM, PER NIGHT
TAX: 11% PER NIGHT NOT INCLUDED IN RATE EFFECTIVE 26 JULY, 2007 THRU 27 JULY, 2007
EXCLUDES GRATUITY
5 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

Super 8 Motel - Dixon (accept corporate discounts also)

1800 S Galena Ave
Dixon, IL 61021-9678 US
Phone: 815-284-1800

Super 8 Motel - Rock Falls/Sterling Area

2100 1st Ave
Intersection of Hwys 40 & 30
Rock Falls, IL 61071-3558 US
Phone: 815-626-8800

Free Continental Breakfast, Free High Speed Internet, Pets Allowed

Dixon Super 8- 1 adult - $55.88    2 adults- $60.88

Dixon Rock Falls- 1 auldt - $49.00   2 adults - $59.00

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/home

Comfort Inn - Dixon - website link (all rooms are around $90 with one or two beds)

136 Plaza Dr , Dixon, IL, US, 61021
Phone: (815) 284-0500     Fax: (815) 284-0509

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=IL030&sid=qaEQi.FxdF0gvae.6&sarea=7032&sname=Dixon&sstate=IL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=41.838890075683594&slon=-89.47944641113281&schain=CI&exp=&scity=Dixon&sort=&month=7&day=26&depart_month=7&depart_day=27&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

Quality Inn & Suites (IL204)
154 Plaza Drive , Dixon, IL, US, 61021
Phone: (815) 288-2001     Fax: (815) 288-2005
(all rooms are around $100 - $120)

Offline downtownchicago

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
I have stayed at the Super 8 too, just last week in fact.  The lobby is kind of yucky but the rooms are alright.  Not as nice as the Quality Inn but much cheaper !  I paid $56 including tax for a room with 2 double beds using AAA discount (they ask you to present your AAA card at check-in).  All rooms have microwave, fridge, and coffee makers.  There was no ironing board or iron in my room, I would guess that's true of all rooms.  No elevator, if you are on the second floor you carry your luggage up a staircase.  The AC in the room worked very well (I was there during the heatwave !) though it's a bit noisy.

I have also stayed at the Quality Inn.  I like it a lot but it is kind of expensive for such a small town !  Also I made the mistake of staying there New Year's Eve, the place was crowded with noisy families, people running up and down the halls (probably to go back and forth between swimming pool and rooms), banging the doors so much that I had to tell the people across the hall from me to stop !  I had to wear earplugs to be able to fall asleep !  I will not stay there again on holidays, but will stay there at other times.

Offline AmNJr24

• I give my smiles to some, my emotions to a few, but my heart belongs to you <3
  • I miss him!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
I know I put more price info. somewhere, but I don't know where it went.  I tried to calculate my Coporate discount in with the regular price online and it didn't give it to me.  Hopefully, I will get the same discount for a double bedroom :)

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »
Amber,  it should all be under prison profiles.. dixon.   

Offline AmNJr24

• I miss him!
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »
Thanks... I see it now.  It's moved to under visiting, then it's under the other Dixon Area Hotel Info. :)

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 08:13:03 PM »
oh!  I guess it was reorganized.   Don't be afraid to ask for their BEST price and for discounts!
Heck the enterprise car rental guy asked me where I worked.  I said i'm self employed.   I said,  how much is the discount?  He asks me if any family members work for big companies.  I said my brother in law works at General Mills.  He gave me the discount. 

Offline not the mama

• Trust me i'm a Professional
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »
Dear god whatever you do DO NOT go to the Amboy Motel...it is a horrible flea bag!!! I live in Amboy so I know! Almost anywhere you go near Dixon will be pricey....they have many places to stay but they know that the only people who are not liveins(by the week or month) are those who come and visit relatives at Dixon CC or construction workers from wherever as they are building up the area near walmart...near the comfort inn and quality inn. because outside of town you are in the 'corn' 15 miles= 15 min. kdirt

Offline Two brothers

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 02:59:45 PM »
WHEN I TAKE MY CUSTOMERS DOWN FOR TWO DAY TRIPS TO SHAWNEE AND VIENNA I USUALLY GET A GOOD DEAL ON ROOMS RIGHT IN THE TOWN.  I SPOKE TO A FEW PEOPLE WHO TRAVELED BY THEMSELVES AND THEY USUALLY PAID MORE OVERALL THEN IF THEY WENT DOWN ON WITH ME. I USUALLY END UP WITH THEM AS CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY WEIGH IN ALL THEY MONEY SAVE.  SO THE NEXT TIME ANYBODY GOES ANYWHERE FOR TWO DAY TRAVEL CHECK AND SEEWHICH TRAVEL SERVICE GOES THERE AND CAN GET YOU THERE CHEAPER AND SAFE.  TIME AND SAVING MONEY IS OF VALUE!!!

Offline blsgrl1231

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
When traveling to Shawnee or Vienna, I stay at The Drury Inn in Marion, IL which is only about a half hour away from the prisons. It is a very nice place.... clean, hospitable staff, free cocktail/snack hour and free hot breakfast. It has a pool, jacuzzi and exercise room and also a guest computer in the lobby. Most important, it is very safe and is close to a nice shopping mall and many restaurants. It averages about $100.00 per night.

blsgrl

Offline Shari

• Here we are! Might as well make the best of it...
  • My Treasures!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »
I have some info for those of you wanting to stay in Dixon, but don't want to spend $90.  I went directly to http://www.comfortinn.com to check on pricing to see what kind of discounts they offer.  I saved $10 over what priceline was offering for my trip to Danville.  I was curious since you stated that they were $90 no matter what in Dixon.  I did a search on price and availability using the discount for internet users, and I came up with rooms for just under $75 with taxes....
True failure is to never try...

Offline lovnu4ever

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 04:20:00 AM »
If your are visitng Pinckneyville there is this place I stayed in last week called Main Street Inn. It is run by an older couple. Very clean and comfortable with no frills. The cost is 43.00 tax included and its right accross the street from McDonalds
"Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation" - Robert Assagioli -

Offline jeminirose62

• The Lost Angel
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 01:29:31 AM »
I went to menard this past weekend here are the rates for the hotels in the area

Best Western in Chester IL is $70.00 & up. It is a Best Western so it is ok. 10 -15 minutes from Menard
Hopitality House in Chester IL is $12.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. From what I understand it is a friendly place to stay. You have to bring your own linens and food. Shared bathroom each room has 2 beds and if you are traveling alone you may end up sharing a room with another guest. They fill up super fast get your reservations early.

Motel 8 in Perryville MO is $65.00 & up 30 minutes from Menard just across the Route 51 bridge in the next town. Super easy to get to. Right off I-55.
Comfort Suites in Perryville MO is $75.00 & up it is located right next to the Motel 8
Travel Lodge Inn in Perryville MO is $59.00 & up it is located across the street from the Comfort Inn and Motel 8. 

The area in Perryville MO is nice, it has a Super Wal-mart, dollar store, clothes store, video store, gas stations, all types of take out food in the area, Ponderosa steak house, Chinese Buffet, and a family resturant too. This is right off I-55 easy access back to the Chicago are or any other point beyond.

I stayed at the Travel Lodge Inn. I got Chinese take out (good food not expenisve either). Went to dollar store for puzzle books and Wal-mart for the Novels to drop off at the "electric eye". Next time I go I am bringing a big empty cooler for cold food. I am going to go to the Super Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping before I head back. Getting two things done in a very long day.

Menard is 6 1/2 hours drive one way from the Western Suburbs (Addison IL). I only stopped twice once for gas and once at a rest stop for a pottie break.  340 miles in total each way.

Well that is what I know so far. I will post more information when I know more.

Jeminirose62

Offline WAID

• What Am I Doing?
  • That's me, I'm a TOIL GIRL!!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »
Ok I've been visiting with him alone now for a while & still get a little nervous, even shy about public displays of affection. Tomorow will be the first time I share a visit with anyone else, let alone his family. Yes, I knew the family all before & interacted with him in front of them as friends in the beginning & also as his girlfriend showing small gestures of affection. Actually, I interact more with them now than I did before when he was home.
So I'm kinda freakin here thinking too much into it of course...
If he does give me the tongue in front of his 80 year old grandma, will I be embarrased & razz him about being a perv lol
If he doesn't give me the tongue.. first, I will never offer to bring them with again for sure, but will it be that he doesn't want to show them how much he's into me?

I'm just gonna try to tune everything out & focus on his tonsils lol, but wanted your suggestions for me & others how to get through it, maybe some tame topics to cover???
Diamonds ARE a girls best friend.

Offline w8tn4hm

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
I can understand your awkwardness about the possibility of tongue kissing in front of his gramma.  But, if it makes you too uncomfortable, make a small sacrifice this time out of respect for his gramma.  I am always SO aware of the COs that a gramma would never be my first concern. *(%$# The repercussions of a little embarrassment in front of gramdma would not be anything compared to what I would feel if a CO called out his name or stopped me and him. I am ALWAYS too scared to do anything TOO demonstrative in front of them. Good luck and have a great visit!

W8

Offline Amarie

• Kindness in words creates confidence
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
WAID,

Grandma might suprise you both and turn her head for this or tell you it is okay. If not I agree with W8 I would skip the kiss this time out. I don't think if he didn't give you the tongue it would be because he doesn't want his family to know his true feelings I would think it would be for the very reason you mentioned it would be an uncomfortable situation. You could just wait until the end of the visit and let his family walk away first then get your kiss in.
"Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do."