• November 13, 2018, 10:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visitation for Boot Camp  (Read 45377 times)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Visitation for Boot Camp
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
OK so my L/O is in boot camp program and wants to parole with me I, he keeps saying is is nervous if he will be APROVED to come to stay with me...? My question is, is it hard for your home to be approved by a PO officer??? Thanks Sincerely, Kariss Cambi.

It is not Hard if you have no warrents, weapons, young children (other than yours/his), Live in a Safe environment ( no drugs illegal items what so ever) You get the idea. The Agent will give you a good idea at the time of his visit.

Good Luck.  :wc71-1:

Offline sadmommy0610

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »
My boyfriend got to Greene county boot camp this week.
I know I'm not able to visit him while he's there but I am wondering
I read only 2 people can visit at a time so I was going to have my bfs dad
And younger sister go visit him & bring our son so he can see him.
Will they allow all 3 of them? (The baby is only 2 months old so it's not really
A third person).
Please someone give me the righ answer to this so I don't waste their time bringing our son.

Offline AuntK

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
The guys are getting moved so much faster now that GCBC opened. I am so happy for you all!
As usual, all I can tell you is what we went through. Not sure about the number of people allowed, all must be immediate family.
My l/o grandmother drove her daughter, and l/o child. Grandma not immediate family, couldn't visit. But his mom, and baby did.

Offline sadmommy0610

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Is there a number I can call to find out how many people can visit?
& thank you! I'm happy our countdown can begin. I can't wait for
My bf to be home!

Offline AuntK

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
Phone: (217) 374-2177
Ask for his counselor. We used to get a list of questions ready before we called. They can't always answer them all, but it is nice to be prepared.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »
Is there a number I can call to find out how many people can visit?
& thank you! I'm happy our countdown can begin. I can't wait for
My bf to be home!

Here is the IDOC page for GCBC, more information on that page you might need, also I am including the link to our profile page here on IPT with the same information:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=30887.0

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/GreeneCounty.aspx
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline debbloom3

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
My son will be 21 tomorrow & was sentenced to bc Wednesday . I haven't been able to talk to his atty (public defender) & no idea what to expect. This is all new to me!! What happens now? He's been in Peoria County.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
My son will be 21 tomorrow & was sentenced to bc Wednesday . I haven't been able to talk to his atty (public defender) & no idea what to expect. This is all new to me!! What happens now? He's been in Peoria County.

Welcome to IPT!

Your son will be sent to Stateville R&C, where he will go through the receiving and classification and they will determine if he qualifies for bootcamp.  He could be there up to 30 days until he would be moved to one of the 3 BC's located within Illinois.

His time won't start till her is actually in the camp and then the program could take him from 120-180 days, all depends on him.

Always be sure to write him alot and give him support, which they need lots of to get through the program.

You can go this topic  TEN STEPS TO UNDERSTANDING IDOC PROCEDURES to get started:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=1513.0

If you continue to read on the BC board, you also will get alot of insight on how this whole process goes.

Ask questions if you have them and I am sure those with the answers will try to help!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline amirsgirl

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2015, 11:37:16 PM »
So, my l/o is in Dixon Springs. I want to take my daughter to see her daddy but we are not married. Just wondering if they will let me bring her since she is his immediate family and I am her parent.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »
So, my l/o is in Dixon Springs. I want to take my daughter to see her daddy but we are not married. Just wondering if they will let me bring her since she is his immediate family and I am her parent.

Just bring her birth certificate with you when you go, you should not have any problems.  Have a good visit. Remember to put her in comfortable clothes, not a dress.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »

I would definitely call before you leave to visit. Unless they have changed recently, BC does not allow non-immediate family to visit. I'm not sure if they will make an exception because you are the mother of his child. I'd hate for you both to travel all that way only to be denied.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »

amirsgirl, I apologize, Marks Guy is right, the BC thing may stop you from being able to bring her.. do as he says and call first.

Offline mrs.campbell39

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 03:00:57 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Ms.Tee, and my brother was just shipped to Dixion springs boot camp, can someone please tell me what the process is there. Also can we send him money?  How soon can we write him? What can we send him and how long must we wait? I'm really worried about him will someone please help me.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »
We have many topics on all that you ask on this board.

There are specific rules, they cannot spend much money when they allowed to go to commissary and be very careful what you write in the letters as they can get into trouble very easily if the wrong things are said.  You can put money on his books, but he may not be able to use it for at 30 days while he is in the first phases of BC.. It's a tough program and encourage him to be strong.

Please check the other posts on this board for more information.