• November 14, 2018, 04:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visitation for Boot Camp  (Read 45401 times)

Offline fig01

Re: Visitation for Boot Camp
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
i dont think so either, im excited to see him! theres days when i feel so depressed without him he was my sunshine.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »
No, you don't have to be a relative to attend the graduation. But you MUST be an immediate relative or spouse to visit. They define immediate relative as parent, brother/sister, child, and sometimes grandparent. No cousins, aunts, or uncles.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
mu hunny got approved for a visit on Aug 13th!!  Hes in dixon springs boot camp.  So excited I dont have to see him thru a tv monitor!  Are the visits still 1:30 to 5:30 or whatever it was earlier in the post?  Also I had to write a letter to the warden asking permission to vist because I have an old felony on my record from a different state, How soon do I get a letter back saying if i was approved or not?  Will I have one by Aug 13th? 

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
I'm Cornfussed   :wc13: I thought that you said you got approved for Aug 13th visit? But then you ask

How soon do I get a letter back saying if i was approved or not?  Will I have one by Aug 13th?

I know that they do ask you if you are approved anywhere else at any other I.D.O.C. Prison/Camps.

Good Luck and I hope that you will be approved-He needs youjust as much you need him.   :wc50:

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »
 he told me he has a visit approved for aug 13th but I am still waiting on my approval letter from the warden regarding my felony. 

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 09:48:15 AM »
Well I hope that you get approved. I'm sure it will all work out for you. Have a good visit when you go. Take care, Angela

Offline bmonska

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »
You can call and ask how far along the warden is in making the determination whether you are going to be approved or not by that date. If you don't get the warden's approval letter before then to take with you then you won't be able to visit on that day.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
ok so everything had been approved for this visit on the 13th.  He got his end approved for the visit and I sent in my letter for my end of the approval and it got approved and now im just waiting for it in the mail.  Since both ends got approved does that mean I dont need to send proof of relationship to them or should I take it with me when I go to visit?  Ive been reading this forum it said you have to show proof of relationship before you get approved but I havnt shown proof and it got approved on both ends.  Confused!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
I would take proof of relationship with you just to have it in case you are asked for it. THey may or may not. Just depends. If you think they MIGHT need something and don't have it they could deny you even with your approval. It is IDOC after all. Take the approval letter with you also. Better to have it than not to have it.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
ok so my hubby had a visit scheduled for today.  I drove 7 1/2 hours to dixon springs and was sitting at the state park and an officer comes up and tells me there has been an escapee and the boot camp is now on lockdown.  I am staying down here one more night in hopes my visit can be moved to tomaroo so I didnt drive all they way for nouthing.  They have caught the escapee and the visit that were scheduled for tomaroo are still on.  They boot camp cant seem to give me any answers till tomaroo morning.  Does anyone know what I can do to get my visit moved to tomaroo or am I gonna have to just wait and hope something can be done in the morning.  My lil girl is devasted that we might not be able to see daddy because of a naughty person where he is.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
If it were me I would call the counselor, they usually know what is going on and what the procedure should be.Sorry for your luck     :wc32: ......I can only imagine what it's like to drive all that way and then not be able to see him.   :wc30:   And to have children traveling is a job in itself. I hope things turn around for you. You and your family are in our prayers.   

Offline unbelievable

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Can grandma go with to visit at Dixon Springs??

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
Don't know about Dixon Springs- Sorry.

Mah .......you on here?????????

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
Your inmate has to request the visit and it has to be approved before anyone would be allowed to visit.  They normally say only immediate family can visit, Mom - Dad - Sister - Brother, I know Grandma would fall into the category of immediate family, but not sure if she would be allowed,  he can certainly request her along with whomever else wanted to visit and see what happens.

Good Luck, hope you get to see your son soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline motherdove

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
I got a call from my son yesterday (only 58 more days) and asked about when the visit was scheduled for.  He commented that since we don't have the same last name I wasn't approved.  During divorce I went back to maiden name,  how do I go about proving Im his mother?  I noticed a comment about calling a councilor, I havent a clue whom that would be.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Offline bmonska

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
Did you have the same last name when he was born? You could show them a certified copy of his birth certificate with your name on it. Also, you could provide a copy of the portion of your divorce decree that shows that the judge allowed you to remove your married name to return to your maiden name. I can't say this will get you approved but I would think at least those two things would help in proving you're his mother. As for his counselor, you would call the facility directly and just ask to speak to your son's counselor. They will transfer you to that office. Good luck!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »
I got a call from my son yesterday (only 58 more days) and asked about when the visit was scheduled for.  He commented that since we don't have the same last name I wasn't approved.  During divorce I went back to maiden name,  how do I go about proving Im his mother?  I noticed a comment about calling a councilor, I havent a clue whom that would be.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Call the prison, tell them your son is in BC and ask to speak to his counselor, they will connect you.  Explain the situation to her/him and see what they suggest you do.. Good Luck, hope you get to see your son soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline motherdove

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
thank you for your advice.

Offline kariss cambi

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »
ok so my L/O is in boot camp program and wants to parole with me I, he keeps saying is is nervous if he will be APROVED to come to stay with me...? My question is, is it hard for your home to be aproved by a po officer??? Thanks Sincerly, Kariss Cambi.

Offline tessakay

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 04:08:09 PM »
Do you have to take a copy of their birth certificate with you? We have the same last name.