• November 14, 2018, 04:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visitation for Boot Camp  (Read 45400 times)

Offline galstone34

• Waiting for daddy to come home!
Re: Visitation
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
I just got approved for my first visit, June 28! when my son first put in for visit he put June 28&29, they did not even look at it and tore it up, I guess because it had 2 days on it. So I am getting excited too see him! I got my second call from him yesterday, he is doing good. His biggest complaint is that they don't let you go to the bathroom when you have too! So that makes me not worry so much. His job now is cooking over at shawneetown third shift while they are on lockdown!

Offline gettingby

Visitation
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
galstone34,

I am so happy for you, I remember the anticipation of my first visit.  Oh, and the tears the 1st time I saw him, I hugged him so hard, it had been 6 1/2 months since I had seen him.  Aren't the calls great!  I spent every Saturday morning waiting for him to call, such precious 10 minutes!  OK, so you are 2 1/2 weeks away from an actual visit!  Don't forget, nothing can go in with you except 2 forms of ID, bring $20 in singles (they love that vending machine stuff) and just enjoy him for a couple of hours!!   :wc22:
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline JForce

Visitation
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
galstone34-

Wow! Time has gone pretty fast!  At Dixon Springs you can't bring in any money and I only brought my driver's license.  Have a great time!

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
Visitation
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
You have a great visit and give him a  :wc30: from the IPT.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

Visitation
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
JForce, no money for the vending machine?  Wow, I think my son was almost as excited about getting food/candy/pop from the vending machine as he was about seeing me.  :wc32:
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline galstone34

Visitation
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:38 AM »
Can they take away visits? My son has been getting in trouble, ten motivation days, something about scratching his ear, he is one that they are giving havoc too!

Offline galstone34

Visitation
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
I need the address to dixon springs bootcamp, I can't find it!

Offline wfarmer24

Re: Visitation for Boot Camp
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
JForce,

You said in a post a while ago:

"Yes, your son has to request a visit and be approved.  He should do that as soon as possible if you want to visit the first weekend after 60 days.  Visits are from 2PM to 4PM on either Saturday or Sunday but not both (one visit per weekend).  2 people can visit but both must be related to the inmate.  If you can decide what weekends you can visit he can request them all at one time but they will be approved slowly.  It is up to him to let you know they are approved. "

Is the routine the same for DuQuoin?

Thanks.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

Offline JForce

Re: Visitationm for Boot Camp
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
wfarmer 24-

As far as I know the only difference between visitation at Dixon Springs and DuQuoin is that DuQuoin gets to use the vending machines at their visit  :wc1:
My information is from the beginning of 2008 so hopefully someone with more recent info will come along soon.
Hang in there, the first visit is GREAT after not seeing them for soooo long!

JForce

Offline pac5401

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
Anyone got updated visiting information for Dixon Springs Boot Camp?

Doing a quick date check, his 60 days will be shortly before Thanksgiving. I have not hugged my son for 18 months.

Offline tornup2213

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
Hi, this is my first post and it's all so confusing. i have a couple questions because I am about 13 days from seeing my son for the first time in almost 3 months. I can't even express in words how much I'm looking forward to seeing his beautiful face and so I'm beginning to get paranoid that something's going to go wrong to prevent me from seeing him. If anyone out there can help me with these questions I will be most appreciative.

First, I read somewhere that documentation proving how I'm related to him must be faxed there before a visit. I was under the impression that I needed to have everything with me. My last name is different from his and I have gotten copies of his birth certificate, my marriage licenses and my divorce decree from his father. Does anyone have the answer for me?

Also, this is off topic, but I read that a homesite can be "not approved" if the animals in the home are not microchipped, fixed and vaccinated. My son is going to be staying with my mom and her dogs are vaccinated and fixed but not microchipped. I read where there is a felony dog law for parolees. Could someone please please please tell me more about this?

And my final question is are there vending machines at Dixon Springs Bootcamp that I can take money for or is that only at DuQuoin?

Thank you so much for reading my post!

Kelli

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
First, I read somewhere that documentation proving how I'm related to him must be faxed there before a visit. I was under the impression that I needed to have everything with me. My last name is different from his and I have gotten copies of his birth certificate, my marriage licenses and my divorce decree from his father. Does anyone have the answer for me?

Calll the parent prison, Vienna, his counselor and ask them, they will give you the correct answers in regards to this.

Also, this is off topic, but I read that a homesite can be "not approved" if the animals in the home are not microchipped, fixed and vaccinated. My son is going to be staying with my mom and her dogs are vaccinated and fixed but not microchipped. I read where there is a felony dog law for parolees. Could someone please please please tell me more about this?

The animals are fixed, this is the main thing they are look for and it also depends on the type of dogs you have too.

And my final question is are there vending machines at Dixon Springs Bootcamp that I can take money for or is that only at DuQuoin?

There are NO vending machines in the visting room at Dixon Springs.

Have a good visit, enjoy!! and welcome to IPT!!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline fig01

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
hi quick question, im not sure what bootcamp my loves going to he's still in stateville r&c, but, im his girlfriend is there a way i can see him in bootcamp or it can only be family related, cant i just lie and say im his cousin sister etc step sister ? i really wana see him i mmiss him im a wreck without him ;(

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »
I suppose you could try lying and say that you are his sister, but if you are caught, he will be kicked out of the program and you will be looking at doing time yourself. If that happens, you will have to receive special permission just to write each other because Illinois does not allow inmates to communicate with each other.

I know you miss him like crazy, but trying this scheme could be devastating for both of you. A few hours of talking isn't worth years apart.

Offline bmonska

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
I wouldn't risk it like Marks_guy said. You could be looking at doing time yourself and getting him in trouble at the same time for knowing you were trying to deceive them. Very bad idea. They do background checks and check ID's and many times you have to send in proof of the relationship prior to getting to visit. You really are just going to have to hang in there and see him when he gets out. He has far less time in bootcamp than most of our Lo's do right now so count your blessings.

Offline fig01

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
omg me and my crazy ideas tsk tsk thanks you guys! what would i do without you? hmm xD
your very right also id rather not risk it, but i know him and hes going to think ive left him he has a big insecurity about pppl just leaving him. so hopefully he doesnt think wrong.
my bday was yesterday god i miss him. ;(
im sending him a puzzle book in a manilla envelop is it okay for it too have bubble wrap inside the envelope came like that.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Visitation
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »
I just got approved for my first visit, June 28! when my son first put in for visit he put June 28&29, they did not even look at it and tore it up, I guess because it had 2 days on it. So I am getting excited too see him! I got my second call from him yesterday, he is doing good. His biggest complaint is that they don't let you go to the bathroom when you have too! So that makes me not worry so much. His job now is cooking over at shawneetown third shift while they are on lockdown!
I have to go to work right now but would really like to talk to you about the B.C. Thing.I will check back later afterwards to see if you are still on line. Thanks, Angela

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
Angela, galstone has not been on IPT since February of 2010.  Her son was released and all must be well, since it's been so long since she's been here.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
omg me and my crazy ideas tsk tsk thanks you guys! what would i do without you? hmm xD
your very right also id rather not risk it, but i know him and hes going to think ive left him he has a big insecurity about pppl just leaving him. so hopefully he doesnt think wrong.
my bday was yesterday god i miss him. ;(
im sending him a puzzle book in a manilla envelop is it okay for it too have bubble wrap inside the envelope came like that.
I don't think that you have to be a relative to go to the graduation? I would check with his counselor to make for sure.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
Thanks forevermah. Guess it's been a long day... I didn't even think of looking at the date Duh......   :wc14: