• November 14, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visitation for Boot Camp  (Read 45399 times)

Offline gettingby

Visitation for Boot Camp
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »
Does anyone know why no visitors are allowed when someone is in R&C waiting for a bed to open up in bootcamp?
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Visitation
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »
gettingby   I just answered this question here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,17210.0.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline gettingby

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »
Bootcamp prince,

My son is finally in bootcamp!! So, I am entering a new phase on this journey, and of course have some questions.  When they are finally allowed calls after 30 days, is it only on weekends? Could they call anytime of the day or only during certain hours.
Visiting- I know if they sit out a day, they have to make it up at the end, so, if/when I visit, will they make him sit out for the day or are visiting hours after their work day?
Sunday services? Again, do they have to sit out that day to attend or is it part of their day.
I really want to visit my son, but I don't want it to add an extra day.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »
Phone calls are suppose to be, after 30 days, on the weekends and Holidays.  I was there for 3 holidays and they did not let us make any phone calls on a holiday.  Phone calls are made from 1:30 - 9:30pm and its at the officers discretion when they are made.  Some officers are brutal about this.  They will give you 1 chance to make the call and if you dont get through your done for the weekend. You don't get any other chance to make a phone call.  Other officers are nicer and if you cant get through the first time they will let you get another chance either later that day or the next day. 

There were about 200 inmates and a total of 8 phones. So its a real tight schedule on the phones and sometimes you dont get a second chance.  It really all depends on the officer.  There are also some weekends in which they punish the entire BootCamp and take away EVERYONES phone privileges. 
Visits are on the weekends and holidays.  They are from 1:30 - 5:30pm in a 2-3 hour slot.  They do not take that away from the 120 days required to complete Boot Camp.

As far as Sunday services, when I was there, it was only offered every other weekend instead of every weekend as the Program suggests.  EVERYONE is taken to Sunday Service and it is held in the dining hall. You can either choose to sit down and listen to the service or you can stand up in the hallway for 90minutes and do nothing. And of course most people choose to sit down and listen instead of standing in the hallway for 90minutes. It is usually at 7:30 - 9:00pm after dinner. 

There were no Muslim or Jewish services provided at all.

The only times days are added to the 120 days is when you get in trouble or when you are sick, hurt and are unable to perform your duties for the day, or when you decide you can't handle it for the day and you say "I Quit" for the day. 

Offline gettingby

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »
Thanks,

I did receive my first letter from my son.  It was very short (half-page).  He said he can't write much now, but will be able to write in about 2 weeks.  Are they not allowed to write while in their "ghost period" 
So, if I don't get a call, I shouldn't get all panicky?

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:26:27 PM »
They do not receive any pre-stamped envelopes until after about 10 days into the program.  It also takes about 1-2weeks for your money to be transfered over from your previous institution. Also when you are in Ghost status this is when the Officers like to mess with you the most.  And lots of officers wont allow you to send out any letters until you memorized all the rules and have everything in order.  The Boot Camp schedule is already very strict and you have very little time to write letters anyway.  They are suppose to give you a few hours for writing letters on the weekend but again if the Officers want to punish you they will just make you stand for hours straight and not move.  Everything is on the officers discretion and some are lot nicer than others.

And yes it is not common not to get a phone call for the weekend and its usually not the inmates fault.  So if you don't get a phone call you shouldn't worry too much and It would be a good assumption that the officers were being grumpy that day/weekend and didn't allow the call.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »
Is it common to "quit" for the day? I know that it is very strict there.  What is the probability to complete bc in the 120 days, and since winter is coming up what type of work do the guys do there?
Also, since he will be living with me when he gets out, when can I expect a call from his parole officer and what should I expect? 

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »
No its not common to quit for the day.  Out of the 200 inmates you will see 1-2 people on the Quitter bench.

I came in with a group of 24 and only 8 of us graduated within 120days and 8 people either quit completely or were kicked out of the program and the other 8 had to do extra days for either quitting or getting in trouble.

But our group was the worst out of the 4 months I was there.  I would say on average 50% graduate in 120days. 

As long as you do what your told and don't give the officers any lip or hard time you will do fine.  Yes they make fun of you. Yes they pick on you.  They want to find your weakness. As long as you ignore all that and think about going home in 120 days its not hard at all.  The ones that do bad are the young Gang Bangers off the street who come in there with a cocky attitude.  If you come in with any type of attitude you wont survive.

The best jobs to get are the kitchen jobs. You work cooking the food for the inmates.  Its the best and easiest job to get.  All jobs are randomly given so It's hard to ask for a good job.  Another good job to have is a "Porter" in one of the local jails like Shawnee or Vienna and you either work in the Officers Commissary, selling them food and coffee, or working in the Administrative Office and clean the halls, washrooms, and do other janitorial type work.

Most people get the Work Crew jobs.  These are the toughest.  One work crew goes out along the highway and pick up bottles and trash from the side of the highway.  You walk for hours straight doing this without a break. This is probably one of the toughest work crews. You are not allowed to stop or talk to other inmates while working.  Another work crew goes out into the Shawnee woods and cut down trees and branches.  Another work crew would go to various areas nearby and do some landscaping such as mowing the grass or moving dirt, digging holes, etc.

Most work crews go to a different area each day doing various landscaping work.  Some of the things I did was chop down trees in the Shawnee Forest, mowed the grass in Vienna jail,  Cut down branches in various parks, picked up bulk junk in small cities.  Some work crews also go into Parole Offices and wash the cars of the Parole Officers.  There is also a Maintenance work grew that work all day and night on the Boot Camp doing various things such as mow the lawn, wash the officers cars, clean the grounds, cut inmates hair, and other various janitorial work on grounds.

I would assume this would be similar for the fall and you may see some crews raking up some leaves.  And also in the winter you will see a lot of snow shoveling and other landscaping that can be done in the winter such as chopping wood and trees.

Offline w8tn4hm

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
gettingby,

So happy for you and your son! I know that you have been waiting a while for this to happen.  May this leg of his journey be a smooth one, and may you continue to be the very strong support system that you have been. Continue to be blessed and remember all that is good comes from God. Its hard on all of us with loved ones in this system, but in HIM, and with each other, we find the strength to continue.

Thanks for your support earlier...it is much appreciated!  I hope your phone call comes soon and that your first visit with him at bc is filled with laughter and cheer. ..)

W8tn4hm

Offline gettingby

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Thanks so much for the info, when I don't know what's going on, I get horrible images in my head, so thanks again for putting my mind at ease.  I feel more at ease, sounds like my son may make the 120 days, he is not involved in any gangs what so ever and is a pretty respectful kid.  I have also been encouraging him to maintain his endurance.  I'm sure as I hear from him, I'll have more questions.  He is at DuQuoin IIP. One more thing, since he will be living with me when he gets out, when can I expect a call from his parole officer and what should I expect.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 09:16:43 PM »
You should be getting a phone call/visit from his Parole Officer around the 60-90 days into the program. Its a simple 5 minute visit. He/She will just come there and get your permission for him to stay and let you know the basic rules. They will make sure there is a working phone there (because he will be placed on house arrest) and they will ask if there are any guns/weapons in the house. And thats pretty much it.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »
OK, great. Thanks for all your info, where you at bootcamp during the holiday's? If so, do they do anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
I was there from May 20 - September 20.   Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.  We did nothing special on those days except we didn't have to "work"  but most inmates prefer to work since it makes there day by quicker.  I really doubt they do anything at all for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  This is a very very strict environment.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 10:38:06 AM »
w8tn4hm,

Thank you for your kind words. I don't what I would without this site. I can't imagine what those poor family members with a loved one in the system who have not found this site are going through.  I am a firm believer that not only is knowledge power, but it is comfort.   The knowledge, comfort, and support I have received from this site is what gets me through these days.  I know it's not over 'till it's over, so I continue to pray for his health and endurance, along the way I have discovered that there are so many people who need my prayers as much as I need theirs. It's a beautiful thing to give it to God, and know that He hears our prayers.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
bootcamp prince,

Thanks so much for your info, I forgot to ask, how are you doing?  _)(90-

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »
Im doing great now. First few months after Boot Camp were tough, being on house arrest and trying to secure a decent job.  But after a while I was able to find something good and now my Parole Officer sees Im not a trouble maker so he doesn't give me a hard time anymore and hardly ever visits. 

Offline gettingby

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »
Bootcamp prince,

How long are you on parole after you leave bootcamp?

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 08:35:08 PM »
Since everyone there has a non-violent crime under 8years in jail some people will have 1 year of parole and others will have 2 years of Parole.  Most people fell in the 2 year category.  I was one of those lucky ones.  But, from what I hear, if you do real well you can ask your Parole Officer to remove you from Parole completely after you do 1/2  to 2/3rds of your Parole. Its been a full year for me so next time my Parole Officer comes up I will bring it up.

Offline galstone34

• Waiting for daddy to come home!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
Question... visits... does my son have to put in for visit and be approved? I read it was a 2 to 3 hour slot, is that How long the visit is. Also I am coming a long way, can I visit both Saturday and sunday?

Offline JForce

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »
Yes, your son has to request a visit and be approved.  He should do that as soon as possible if you want to visit the first weekend after 60 days.  Visits are from 2PM to 4PM on either Saturday or Sunday but not both (one visit per weekend).  2 people can visit but both must be related to the inmate.  If you can decide what weekends you can visit he can request them all at one time but they will be approved slowly.  It is up to him to let you know they are approved.

We live about 370 miles from Dixon Springs (according to Mapquest) and it took about 5 1/2 hours to get there with stopping for lunch.  You can not go on the grounds before 1:30.  If you get there early there is a church across the street that you can park at until 1:30.  They get pretty testy if you try to go on the grounds early because of shift change.

When you drive into Dixon Springs a CO will direct you where to park.  Stay in your car until they come and tell you to get out.  Then they will search your car and take info.  Then you go inside and sign in and if it is your first visit you must give your ID to the CO on duty so they can put you into the computer.  The first visit takes the longest. 

Offline galstone34

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
I just got approved for my first visit, June 28! when my son first put in for visit he put June 28&29, they did not even look at it and tore it up, I guess because it had 2 days on it. So I am getting excited too see him! I got my second call from him yesterday, he is doing good. His biggest complaint is that they don't let you go to the bathroom when you have too! So that makes me not worry so much. His job now is cooking over at shawneetown third shift while they are on lockdown!

Offline gettingby

Visitation
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
galstone34,

I am so happy for you, I remember the anticipation of my first visit.  Oh, and the tears the 1st time I saw him, I hugged him so hard, it had been 6 1/2 months since I had seen him.  Aren't the calls great!  I spent every Saturday morning waiting for him to call, such precious 10 minutes!  OK, so you are 2 1/2 weeks away from an actual visit!  Don't forget, nothing can go in with you except 2 forms of ID, bring $20 in singles (they love that vending machine stuff) and just enjoy him for a couple of hours!!   :wc22:

Offline JForce

Visitation
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
galstone34-

Wow! Time has gone pretty fast!  At Dixon Springs you can't bring in any money and I only brought my driver's license.  Have a great time!

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
Visitation
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
You have a great visit and give him a  :wc30: from the IPT.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

Visitation
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
JForce, no money for the vending machine?  Wow, I think my son was almost as excited about getting food/candy/pop from the vending machine as he was about seeing me.  :wc32:

Offline galstone34

Visitation
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:38 AM »
Can they take away visits? My son has been getting in trouble, ten motivation days, something about scratching his ear, he is one that they are giving havoc too!

Offline galstone34

Visitation
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
I need the address to dixon springs bootcamp, I can't find it!

Offline wfarmer24

Re: Visitation for Boot Camp
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
JForce,

You said in a post a while ago:

"Yes, your son has to request a visit and be approved.  He should do that as soon as possible if you want to visit the first weekend after 60 days.  Visits are from 2PM to 4PM on either Saturday or Sunday but not both (one visit per weekend).  2 people can visit but both must be related to the inmate.  If you can decide what weekends you can visit he can request them all at one time but they will be approved slowly.  It is up to him to let you know they are approved. "

Is the routine the same for DuQuoin?

Thanks.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

Offline JForce

Re: Visitationm for Boot Camp
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
wfarmer 24-

As far as I know the only difference between visitation at Dixon Springs and DuQuoin is that DuQuoin gets to use the vending machines at their visit  :wc1:
My information is from the beginning of 2008 so hopefully someone with more recent info will come along soon.
Hang in there, the first visit is GREAT after not seeing them for soooo long!

JForce

Offline pac5401

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
Anyone got updated visiting information for Dixon Springs Boot Camp?

Doing a quick date check, his 60 days will be shortly before Thanksgiving. I have not hugged my son for 18 months.

Offline tornup2213

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
Hi, this is my first post and it's all so confusing. i have a couple questions because I am about 13 days from seeing my son for the first time in almost 3 months. I can't even express in words how much I'm looking forward to seeing his beautiful face and so I'm beginning to get paranoid that something's going to go wrong to prevent me from seeing him. If anyone out there can help me with these questions I will be most appreciative.

First, I read somewhere that documentation proving how I'm related to him must be faxed there before a visit. I was under the impression that I needed to have everything with me. My last name is different from his and I have gotten copies of his birth certificate, my marriage licenses and my divorce decree from his father. Does anyone have the answer for me?

Also, this is off topic, but I read that a homesite can be "not approved" if the animals in the home are not microchipped, fixed and vaccinated. My son is going to be staying with my mom and her dogs are vaccinated and fixed but not microchipped. I read where there is a felony dog law for parolees. Could someone please please please tell me more about this?

And my final question is are there vending machines at Dixon Springs Bootcamp that I can take money for or is that only at DuQuoin?

Thank you so much for reading my post!

Kelli

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
First, I read somewhere that documentation proving how I'm related to him must be faxed there before a visit. I was under the impression that I needed to have everything with me. My last name is different from his and I have gotten copies of his birth certificate, my marriage licenses and my divorce decree from his father. Does anyone have the answer for me?

Calll the parent prison, Vienna, his counselor and ask them, they will give you the correct answers in regards to this.

Also, this is off topic, but I read that a homesite can be "not approved" if the animals in the home are not microchipped, fixed and vaccinated. My son is going to be staying with my mom and her dogs are vaccinated and fixed but not microchipped. I read where there is a felony dog law for parolees. Could someone please please please tell me more about this?

The animals are fixed, this is the main thing they are look for and it also depends on the type of dogs you have too.

And my final question is are there vending machines at Dixon Springs Bootcamp that I can take money for or is that only at DuQuoin?

There are NO vending machines in the visting room at Dixon Springs.

Have a good visit, enjoy!! and welcome to IPT!!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline fig01

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
hi quick question, im not sure what bootcamp my loves going to he's still in stateville r&c, but, im his girlfriend is there a way i can see him in bootcamp or it can only be family related, cant i just lie and say im his cousin sister etc step sister ? i really wana see him i mmiss him im a wreck without him ;(

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »
I suppose you could try lying and say that you are his sister, but if you are caught, he will be kicked out of the program and you will be looking at doing time yourself. If that happens, you will have to receive special permission just to write each other because Illinois does not allow inmates to communicate with each other.

I know you miss him like crazy, but trying this scheme could be devastating for both of you. A few hours of talking isn't worth years apart.

Offline bmonska

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
I wouldn't risk it like Marks_guy said. You could be looking at doing time yourself and getting him in trouble at the same time for knowing you were trying to deceive them. Very bad idea. They do background checks and check ID's and many times you have to send in proof of the relationship prior to getting to visit. You really are just going to have to hang in there and see him when he gets out. He has far less time in bootcamp than most of our Lo's do right now so count your blessings.

Offline fig01

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
omg me and my crazy ideas tsk tsk thanks you guys! what would i do without you? hmm xD
your very right also id rather not risk it, but i know him and hes going to think ive left him he has a big insecurity about pppl just leaving him. so hopefully he doesnt think wrong.
my bday was yesterday god i miss him. ;(
im sending him a puzzle book in a manilla envelop is it okay for it too have bubble wrap inside the envelope came like that.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »
I just got approved for my first visit, June 28! when my son first put in for visit he put June 28&29, they did not even look at it and tore it up, I guess because it had 2 days on it. So I am getting excited too see him! I got my second call from him yesterday, he is doing good. His biggest complaint is that they don't let you go to the bathroom when you have too! So that makes me not worry so much. His job now is cooking over at shawneetown third shift while they are on lockdown!
I have to go to work right now but would really like to talk to you about the B.C. Thing.I will check back later afterwards to see if you are still on line. Thanks, Angela

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
Angela, galstone has not been on IPT since February of 2010.  Her son was released and all must be well, since it's been so long since she's been here.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
omg me and my crazy ideas tsk tsk thanks you guys! what would i do without you? hmm xD
your very right also id rather not risk it, but i know him and hes going to think ive left him he has a big insecurity about pppl just leaving him. so hopefully he doesnt think wrong.
my bday was yesterday god i miss him. ;(
im sending him a puzzle book in a manilla envelop is it okay for it too have bubble wrap inside the envelope came like that.
I don't think that you have to be a relative to go to the graduation? I would check with his counselor to make for sure.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
Thanks forevermah. Guess it's been a long day... I didn't even think of looking at the date Duh......   :wc14:

Offline fig01

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
i dont think so either, im excited to see him! theres days when i feel so depressed without him he was my sunshine.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »
No, you don't have to be a relative to attend the graduation. But you MUST be an immediate relative or spouse to visit. They define immediate relative as parent, brother/sister, child, and sometimes grandparent. No cousins, aunts, or uncles.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
mu hunny got approved for a visit on Aug 13th!!  Hes in dixon springs boot camp.  So excited I dont have to see him thru a tv monitor!  Are the visits still 1:30 to 5:30 or whatever it was earlier in the post?  Also I had to write a letter to the warden asking permission to vist because I have an old felony on my record from a different state, How soon do I get a letter back saying if i was approved or not?  Will I have one by Aug 13th? 

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
I'm Cornfussed   :wc13: I thought that you said you got approved for Aug 13th visit? But then you ask

How soon do I get a letter back saying if i was approved or not?  Will I have one by Aug 13th?

I know that they do ask you if you are approved anywhere else at any other I.D.O.C. Prison/Camps.

Good Luck and I hope that you will be approved-He needs youjust as much you need him.   :wc50:

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »
 he told me he has a visit approved for aug 13th but I am still waiting on my approval letter from the warden regarding my felony. 

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 09:48:15 AM »
Well I hope that you get approved. I'm sure it will all work out for you. Have a good visit when you go. Take care, Angela

Offline bmonska

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »
You can call and ask how far along the warden is in making the determination whether you are going to be approved or not by that date. If you don't get the warden's approval letter before then to take with you then you won't be able to visit on that day.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
ok so everything had been approved for this visit on the 13th.  He got his end approved for the visit and I sent in my letter for my end of the approval and it got approved and now im just waiting for it in the mail.  Since both ends got approved does that mean I dont need to send proof of relationship to them or should I take it with me when I go to visit?  Ive been reading this forum it said you have to show proof of relationship before you get approved but I havnt shown proof and it got approved on both ends.  Confused!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
I would take proof of relationship with you just to have it in case you are asked for it. THey may or may not. Just depends. If you think they MIGHT need something and don't have it they could deny you even with your approval. It is IDOC after all. Take the approval letter with you also. Better to have it than not to have it.

Offline myworkid1987

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
ok so my hubby had a visit scheduled for today.  I drove 7 1/2 hours to dixon springs and was sitting at the state park and an officer comes up and tells me there has been an escapee and the boot camp is now on lockdown.  I am staying down here one more night in hopes my visit can be moved to tomaroo so I didnt drive all they way for nouthing.  They have caught the escapee and the visit that were scheduled for tomaroo are still on.  They boot camp cant seem to give me any answers till tomaroo morning.  Does anyone know what I can do to get my visit moved to tomaroo or am I gonna have to just wait and hope something can be done in the morning.  My lil girl is devasted that we might not be able to see daddy because of a naughty person where he is.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
If it were me I would call the counselor, they usually know what is going on and what the procedure should be.Sorry for your luck     :wc32: ......I can only imagine what it's like to drive all that way and then not be able to see him.   :wc30:   And to have children traveling is a job in itself. I hope things turn around for you. You and your family are in our prayers.   

Offline unbelievable

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Can grandma go with to visit at Dixon Springs??

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
Don't know about Dixon Springs- Sorry.

Mah .......you on here?????????

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
Your inmate has to request the visit and it has to be approved before anyone would be allowed to visit.  They normally say only immediate family can visit, Mom - Dad - Sister - Brother, I know Grandma would fall into the category of immediate family, but not sure if she would be allowed,  he can certainly request her along with whomever else wanted to visit and see what happens.

Good Luck, hope you get to see your son soon!

Offline motherdove

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
I got a call from my son yesterday (only 58 more days) and asked about when the visit was scheduled for.  He commented that since we don't have the same last name I wasn't approved.  During divorce I went back to maiden name,  how do I go about proving Im his mother?  I noticed a comment about calling a councilor, I havent a clue whom that would be.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Offline bmonska

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
Did you have the same last name when he was born? You could show them a certified copy of his birth certificate with your name on it. Also, you could provide a copy of the portion of your divorce decree that shows that the judge allowed you to remove your married name to return to your maiden name. I can't say this will get you approved but I would think at least those two things would help in proving you're his mother. As for his counselor, you would call the facility directly and just ask to speak to your son's counselor. They will transfer you to that office. Good luck!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »
I got a call from my son yesterday (only 58 more days) and asked about when the visit was scheduled for.  He commented that since we don't have the same last name I wasn't approved.  During divorce I went back to maiden name,  how do I go about proving Im his mother?  I noticed a comment about calling a councilor, I havent a clue whom that would be.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Call the prison, tell them your son is in BC and ask to speak to his counselor, they will connect you.  Explain the situation to her/him and see what they suggest you do.. Good Luck, hope you get to see your son soon!

Offline motherdove

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
thank you for your advice.

Offline kariss cambi

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »
ok so my L/O is in boot camp program and wants to parole with me I, he keeps saying is is nervous if he will be APROVED to come to stay with me...? My question is, is it hard for your home to be aproved by a po officer??? Thanks Sincerly, Kariss Cambi.

Offline tessakay

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 04:08:09 PM »
Do you have to take a copy of their birth certificate with you? We have the same last name.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
OK so my L/O is in boot camp program and wants to parole with me I, he keeps saying is is nervous if he will be APROVED to come to stay with me...? My question is, is it hard for your home to be approved by a PO officer??? Thanks Sincerely, Kariss Cambi.

It is not Hard if you have no warrents, weapons, young children (other than yours/his), Live in a Safe environment ( no drugs illegal items what so ever) You get the idea. The Agent will give you a good idea at the time of his visit.

Good Luck.  :wc71-1:

Offline sadmommy0610

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »
My boyfriend got to Greene county boot camp this week.
I know I'm not able to visit him while he's there but I am wondering
I read only 2 people can visit at a time so I was going to have my bfs dad
And younger sister go visit him & bring our son so he can see him.
Will they allow all 3 of them? (The baby is only 2 months old so it's not really
A third person).
Please someone give me the righ answer to this so I don't waste their time bringing our son.

Offline AuntK

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
The guys are getting moved so much faster now that GCBC opened. I am so happy for you all!
As usual, all I can tell you is what we went through. Not sure about the number of people allowed, all must be immediate family.
My l/o grandmother drove her daughter, and l/o child. Grandma not immediate family, couldn't visit. But his mom, and baby did.

Offline sadmommy0610

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Is there a number I can call to find out how many people can visit?
& thank you! I'm happy our countdown can begin. I can't wait for
My bf to be home!

Offline AuntK

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
Phone: (217) 374-2177
Ask for his counselor. We used to get a list of questions ready before we called. They can't always answer them all, but it is nice to be prepared.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »
Is there a number I can call to find out how many people can visit?
& thank you! I'm happy our countdown can begin. I can't wait for
My bf to be home!

Here is the IDOC page for GCBC, more information on that page you might need, also I am including the link to our profile page here on IPT with the same information:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=30887.0

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/GreeneCounty.aspx

Offline debbloom3

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
My son will be 21 tomorrow & was sentenced to bc Wednesday . I haven't been able to talk to his atty (public defender) & no idea what to expect. This is all new to me!! What happens now? He's been in Peoria County.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
My son will be 21 tomorrow & was sentenced to bc Wednesday . I haven't been able to talk to his atty (public defender) & no idea what to expect. This is all new to me!! What happens now? He's been in Peoria County.

Welcome to IPT!

Your son will be sent to Stateville R&C, where he will go through the receiving and classification and they will determine if he qualifies for bootcamp.  He could be there up to 30 days until he would be moved to one of the 3 BC's located within Illinois.

His time won't start till her is actually in the camp and then the program could take him from 120-180 days, all depends on him.

Always be sure to write him alot and give him support, which they need lots of to get through the program.

You can go this topic  TEN STEPS TO UNDERSTANDING IDOC PROCEDURES to get started:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=1513.0

If you continue to read on the BC board, you also will get alot of insight on how this whole process goes.

Ask questions if you have them and I am sure those with the answers will try to help!

Offline amirsgirl

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2015, 11:37:16 PM »
So, my l/o is in Dixon Springs. I want to take my daughter to see her daddy but we are not married. Just wondering if they will let me bring her since she is his immediate family and I am her parent.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »
So, my l/o is in Dixon Springs. I want to take my daughter to see her daddy but we are not married. Just wondering if they will let me bring her since she is his immediate family and I am her parent.

Just bring her birth certificate with you when you go, you should not have any problems.  Have a good visit. Remember to put her in comfortable clothes, not a dress.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »

I would definitely call before you leave to visit. Unless they have changed recently, BC does not allow non-immediate family to visit. I'm not sure if they will make an exception because you are the mother of his child. I'd hate for you both to travel all that way only to be denied.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »

amirsgirl, I apologize, Marks Guy is right, the BC thing may stop you from being able to bring her.. do as he says and call first.

Offline mrs.campbell39

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 03:00:57 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Ms.Tee, and my brother was just shipped to Dixion springs boot camp, can someone please tell me what the process is there. Also can we send him money?  How soon can we write him? What can we send him and how long must we wait? I'm really worried about him will someone please help me.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »
We have many topics on all that you ask on this board.

There are specific rules, they cannot spend much money when they allowed to go to commissary and be very careful what you write in the letters as they can get into trouble very easily if the wrong things are said.  You can put money on his books, but he may not be able to use it for at 30 days while he is in the first phases of BC.. It's a tough program and encourage him to be strong.

Please check the other posts on this board for more information.