Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

LINCOLN ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 09, 2016, 06:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CENTRALIA Correctional Center  (Read 34943 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:10:01 AM »

Centralia Correctional Center 

Bradley J. Robert, Warden 

Facility Data
Centralia Correctional Center
 Opened: October 1980
 *Operational Capacity: 1,571
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Current Population: 1,517
 Average Age: 33
 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $20,146

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting
Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

The following visiting hours are currently in effect for inmate visitors at the Centralia Correctional Center:

General population
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.  Visitors must arrive at the facility no later than 2:30p.m.

Segregation/non-contact
 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All non-contact visits must be in by 1:00 p.m. In addition, there will be no weekend or holiday segregation/non-contact visits.

All visiting rules and regulations must be strictly adhered to by inmates and inmate visitors. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action, as appropriate, and may also result in permanent or temporary restriction of visiting privileges for the inmate visitor.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
9330 Shattuc Road
 P.O. Box 1266
 Centralia, IL 62801

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 P.O. Box 7711
 Centralia, IL 62801

Phone: (618) 533-4111
 Fax: (618) 533-4112

Facility Information

The Centralia Correctional Center strives to create a healthful environment, which provides the individual offender a humane and secure term of incarceration.  It is a medium security adult male facility.

The facility consists of 46 buildings, which comprise of 335,689 square feet. The living units consist of three housing unit clusters with a total of 14 housing units, one receiving unit, one segregation unit and a 15-bed health care unit. The facility sits on 100 acres with 50 acres enclosed by fencing.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
 •ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)
•Two-year College Academic

Vocational:
 •Construction Occupations
•Custodial Occupations
•Electronics
•Food Service
•Job Preparedness Training

Industries:
 •Mattress Shop
•Sewing Shop

Volunteer Services:
 •Chaplaincy
•Volunteer Literacy

Other:
 •Library
•Life Skills
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous
•Substance Abuse
•Anger Management
•Leisure Time Services
•Chaplaincy
•Lifestyles Redirection Program
•TRAC 1
•Reentry Summits

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/centraliacorrectionalcenter.aspx

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
mao0811

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:38 PM »

Hi all, I just wanted to post some updated info on Centralia.

I just went to visit my fiancee this week. When I first arrived I parked in the first row of parking, and I went up to the door. The CO met me at the door and asked me if it was my first time visiting. I told her yes and she told me I was parked in the wrong place and my capris were not allowed because there was a hole on my knee..(silly i know) so she let me know where the closest walmart was so I could find some "appropriate" pants. Once i returned i got checked in fairly quickly. the lockers are .75 cents and to get a vending machine card they ask you to bring $5 and then you get $3 credited to your card. i got patted down and then was sent to the visiting building. you are only allowed one set of earrings and no bracelets or even hairties. i had to wait a few minutes there and then they let me through to the visiting room. i went in gave my sheet and waited for my man to come in. the co in the visiting room was on the phone the whole time and shooed me away to a table to wait. i waited and he came in. we got to hug and kiss - me being my first time didnt want to do too much but later found it probably woulda been okay to kiss a little more. we sat and talked and got stuff from the vending machine and were able to hold hands the whole time. a couple things the CO was picky about was my shirt. it wasnt a low cut shirt by any means but she kept telling me to pull it up... and 2nd, my fiance had to go to the bathroom so he got up and asked her if he could go and she told him i had to go ask for him and only when the male co was in the visiting room. so when he came back i asked him and he looked at me like i was an idiot and said "he can come ask me" so anyway..just to be sure i would ask for him just to make your man doesnt get in trouble the first time. the problem for women is that they have to go back to the main house to go to the restroom which can cut into visiting time so i waited. the vending machines were vending prices. the "food food" was 4-6 dollars. i put about $25 and was able to purchase coffee, snacks, food, soda, water and some candy with a few dollars left over. for the most part the co's were decently mannered and it was an easy process. by the end the visiting room was full. oh yeah i arrived around 915 and stayed until about 1:45. and we were able to hug and kiss a couple times before i actually left. so theres some updated info! if you have any questions, i may be able to answer for you..let me know!
mzred93

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

My fiance is putting in a wedding package today and I'm wondering when we get married can he have a wedding band.
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:42:12 PM »

Yes, he can have a band once married. It's total cost must be no more than $50, and you will need a receipt to show that. The ring must be plain metal, no stones. Some prisons allow engraving (your names, initials, date) on the inside, so you'll have to check on that.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:04 AM »

My fiance is putting in a wedding package today and I'm wondering when we get married can he have a wedding band.

We have a board devoted to IDOC marriages here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=155.0

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: