• March 19, 2018, 11:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 164464 times)

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:49 AM »
Impact Incarceration Rules

Attached is a link to the rules that pertain to impact incarceration program

From my reading they do not have the "privileges" that a regular offender has like

f)         Committed persons shall be afforded the rights and privileges set forth in 20 Ill. Adm. Code 525 with the following exceptions:

1)         Visits shall not be allowed during the first 60 days of the program and telephone calls shall not be allowed during the first 30 days of the program, except for visits from and telephone calls to attorneys and their paralegals and investigators, clergy, or in an emergency.

2)         Packages and publications shall be prohibited and shall be returned to the sender at the sender's expense if the sender's identity can be determined.  If, within five days of receipt, the sender's identity cannot be determined and the committed person does not designate another person to receive such materials at his expense, the materials shall be disposed of by the facility.

3)         Permission to marry shall not normally be granted.

g)         Committed persons shall be provided a standard credit amount for canteen trading each week.  This amount shall not accumulate.  Committed persons shall be required to trade for necessary personal hygiene items when initial State-issued items are depleted prior to obtaining other canteen items.

Visitation and phone call limits when entering the program
No publications
No canteen

There may be others but I don't know

Hope this helps

Offline Kdm

« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. My son just got transferred to Dixon Springs boot camp on Jan 10th. The posts in this group are so helpful and I thank everyone for their posts. I'm not sure if it's changed, but, I called the number for Dixon Springs to find out what I could send my son and was told that only letters are allowed, no books or magazines and that they would be too busy to read anyway. Does anyone have any other experience?

This is correct.  Letters and pictures only.  Make sure you read the restrictions on content and letter size.  Make sure you adhere to those rules, as the entire letter/photo will be discarded if there is an issue.

Offline lilibethmaclean

« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
Thank you!