• December 16, 2018, 09:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180823 times)

Offline Kag721

Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
Not sure if this is how u post something but my bf got to dixon springs last Monday and in his info letter it talked bout no cussing and I wrote him a ton of letters while he was at stateville that he never got and alot of them had cussing in them. Do they fwd the letters?  will he get into trouble even tho they r addressed      To stateville? Also his parol officer already showed up to his moms house cuz that's the only adress he knew to put down for house arrest. I planed on getting an apt before he got out for him to do his house arrest so can he change the address once I get it?? 

Offline shaveh

« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
how many times do they get 2 call on sat nd sun

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »
how many times do they get 2 call on sat nd sun

Welcome to IPT!

Please read this topic:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,20374.0.html

and this board has alot of information on Boot Camp:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,35.0.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline oneloveoneheart87

« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »
I have 2 awnsers to that...

the recent letter my Bf send me said That if he is lucky he wont get house arrest..So Iam taking that as it might not be for all

and

2nd my friend said he was bc he lived in a big area by chicago Bollingbrook..I figured bc they have higher crime...

But Iam looking athis first letter he sent me with the rules on back right now and its says "upon realease all iip inmates must serve the first 90 days of their parole on eletronic dentention

Offline nlbauer

« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »
Well my boyfriend lives in Naperville which is right next to Bollingbrook so I guess that means most likely for him  :wc17: I just want this to be all over with already!

Offline vsaucedo

« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »
Hi i am new at this. My boyfriend is waiting for boot camp at statesville and i seen on here that u can call the sprinngfield office for status on the inmate. If this is teue does anybody know the phone number or what do i put in goggle to find the phone number? Also the last letter he sent me he said thay was his last write out. Wat does that mean? If anybody can answer these questions i wud appreciate it thanku

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2010, 03:50:04 AM »
 :wc12: to IPT! the wait time for entering boot camp varies greatly per inmate. One of our members has reported that it took nearly 8 weeks for her loved one to be sent. You can check the IDOC website for his status. That's much easier than trying to call Springfield. Also, you can sign up for VINE service while there. It will send you an email of phone call to let you know he has been transferred. A write-out is an envelope to mail letters in. That means you may or may not hear from him for a while. If he is still in R&C, he isn't allowed commissary, so sending money at this point would be a waste of time.

Offline pac5401

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »
Just transferred to Dixon Springs Boot Camp yesterday!  Our countdown has begun!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
Good luck, pac! I hope everything goes well for him!

Offline cgs51

« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »
Pac
I wish you and him the VERY BEST.  My son has been out for over a year and STILL says it was the hardest thing he has ever done, and he was in his 30s, older than all the other guys in there.  Just write him every day, letters take 3-4 days to get to him and they are the most important things in his life right now(just remember that they get read BEFORE he gets them so don't say anyhting you wouldn't want his grandma to read) and 6-7 days for his to get back to you.  Constantly encourage him because they constantly tear them down.  Tell him to keep his eyes open, his mouth SHUT, and do what you are told when you are told and hang in there.

Offline oneloveoneheart87

« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
 So My Boyfriend went to Bootcamp and his 30 days are up and we got the phone set up and everything. He called me last week we had a good convoseration nothing bad or ignornat was said, Just your basic how are you and miss you and love you...But today is saturday again and he didnt call...its usually every sat btw 10-12am and Iam really upset about it and Iam the only one with a phone acct and that he would call...I dont think he got in trouble bc he is quiet and even said it takes 12 demerits to get a casenote than they lose there phone privalenges for the week, he has only had 1 demerit for not walking in the food line correctly...Iam just worried and upset and if anyone would understand..maybe someone got a phonecall today?..

Offline nlbauer

« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:14 PM »
I got my first phone call today!  He might still be able to call you tomorrow.  Maybe he had to work and what not.

Offline pac5401

« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Hi guys - well, I got the surprise of my life yesterday. Got a phone call in the afternoon and someone said "I got someone here who wants to talk to you in the worst way" and all I could think was "oh no, bad news!"

Well, it is odd news and I do not know what to do!

My son was returned to Vienna from Dixon Springs after 1 day - given a medical discharge from Boot Camp due to his mental illness.

So, now he can either finish his sentence at Vienna, about a year I think. Or, the judge up here had told us that if he was not admitted to Boot Camp, to come back to court and he would change the sentence to 12 months on home monitoring.

Do I want him back home on home monitoring?!  Seems like a dumb question, yes I would think home would be better than prison - but there are not many jobs around here, although we could use him around the house to do a lot of chores. 

Just wondering if it might not be better for him to take advantage of the classes offered at Vienna.  Any thoughts?

Offline JAM6860

« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
oneloveoneheart87
I didn't get a call on Saturday either, it is very upsetting to look forward to that precious 8 minute call with our loved one.Not getting it and then not knowing why is just upsetting.I didn't receive a letter last week either, so I'm double worried now, all I can do is pray all is somewhat ok, or call there and risk them getting upset and taking it out on my son.I'm trying to decide what to do.I understand what you're going through.Lets just hope everything goes back to normal this coming Saturday.My son is down to about 8 weeks,I hope they get calls this week.Be well, let me know if you find out anything and I will do the same.

Offline cgs51

« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:16 AM »
I have been where you are.  I remember the first Sat that phone did not ring.  I was frantic, lost and beside myself with worry that something had happened to him.  Then he called Sun and said they lost phone privileges because some in the group would not shut up.  That is one of the things about a paramilitary style boot camp--ALL suffer for what one does.  So don't be too alarmed about a missed call.  Wait and see what actually happened.  Is that hard?  OH YES it is near impossible!  But you have to do it.  It may be bad news or it may be as simple as a group punishment for what a few did wrong.  Hold on and hang in there and the best of luck to you.

Offline nlbauer

« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »
 :wc13: So my boyfriend told me that he gets an extra phone call today because it is Thanksgiving.  I figured he would call at the usual time he calls but still nothing.  Did anyone else's LO say anything about calling today?

Offline nlbauer

« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
So I should have gotten my last phone call today but never did...does anyone know if they still get a call the week before they graduate?

Offline jsbaby526

« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
SO confused. My L/O is currently in Stateville and was supposed to be waiting for a transferr to bootcamp so his release date and what not wasn't filled out...I got on today and it says his release date is 04/27/2012??? Does that mean he didn't make it to or take bootcamp or do they always just put in the release date as if they were going to serve prison time until they graduate? I'm kind of worrying now...=[
forever&&always...

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:10 PM »
SO confused. My L/O is currently in Stateville and was supposed to be waiting for a transferr to bootcamp so his release date and what not wasn't filled out...I got on today and it says his release date is 04/27/2012??? Does that mean he didn't make it to or take bootcamp or do they always just put in the release date as if they were going to serve prison time until they graduate? I'm kind of worrying now...=[

His out date has nothing to do right now with him going to boot camp.  This is the date he will get out if he does not complete boot camp, or for some reason does not make it into BC, so just relax and keep an eye on the website for when he is moved, which could take sometime yet.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”