• November 14, 2018, 04:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180160 times)

Offline gettingby

Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
You should assume all mail gets read, where ever they are.  Sorry to say, their 120 days does not start until they are actually in bootcamp.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2007, 06:43:05 PM »
ok i thought so i just wanted to be sure thank you so much.  How long did your son stay in prebootcamp?
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2007, 07:18:42 PM »
Exactly four weeks, but he was so much happier there than S/V

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »
ok thats not  too long. I hope my fiance atleast enjoys himself there a little more than he did in s/v
Peace and Blessings

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2007, 10:53:53 PM »
My son stayed in pre-bootcamp for two weeks. things are moving a little faster. OH, and congratulations on your loved ones move ..).
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 10:05:25 PM »
thanks for the congrats im sooooo excited.  I talked to him today and he said they did a shipment today so he should be leaving thursday or next tuesday. $%^ ..) >:)   I was wondering though which boot camp is better between duquion and dixon springs?  My fiance heard that duquion is much easier and they are not as hard on you there so thats where he wants to go.  Is that true though?
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »
randerson1123,

We have two bootcamp graduates that come in this site, BootCampPprince was at Dixon Springs and Que77 was at DuQuoin.  From reading their posts, they both heard the other camp was harder.  I think in either camp, it will be tough, not impossible by any means, because many do complete bootcamp, but tough.  They will have to work hard both physically and mentally everyday in order to complete bootcamp. One of my fears at the start of this was that since my son grew up in a rather sheltered, easy world, he would never survive the "evils" I have always heard about prison life.  When I talk to my son now, when I read his letters and see how he has physically changed (because of the work outs) I realize that my son has had a lot of strength all along that I just did not recognize. 
I think that either camp they go to, if our guys really did just make bad choices that resulted in their stay at bootcamp, this should be enough for them to always think about their actions in the future.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
gettingby

I truly agree with you.  My fiance made a bad choice and of course he has to deal with the consequences.  He listens alot more now, he thinks before he does, things, and there is so much more that has changed about him and that is still changing.  They both will come out new men and im sure you agree that we couldnt ask for more snowmangel
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »
I remember when my son first went in, I was constantly reminding him to follow the rules, don't talk back, be respectful.  Not that he displayed that type of behavior, I was just worried that he would be pushed to the brink. Now, he tells me that he is behaving and not to worry, of course, I still worry.  He has changed, one thing, he now knows that no matter what happens in life, whether he causes it or not, I will never stop loving him and will always do what I can to support his success, but thats the keep word-support, he still has the ultimate responsibility for a successful future. He has apologized for his actions that lead to his incarceration, mostly for the pain it has caused me and our family. I read in an previous post about IPT being mandatory reading for collage students.  I really thing that if he had read IPT prior to his actions, although, it was not formed yet, he would have given more thought about the consequences to his actions.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »
Hello my fellow boot campers

I have some great news.  My fiance went to bootcamp yesterday!!!!!!! ny1  I am soooooo happy we finally have a outdate to look for.  He went to dixon springs as i thought he would.

Bootcampprince:  If you have any advice that you think would benifit him can you please let me know.  Also how were you able to make your 120 days go by fast?
Peace and Blessings

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2007, 07:43:29 AM »
Congratulation randerson1123,
I am so happy for you and your fiance. Myson is also there in Dixion Spring. Now he did say that the first two weeks were hard but he hung in there. They let you call on holidays and he is now working in the kitchen. He went in with 20 others and so far 15 have not quit.

bootcamp prince,

My son had a friend that went to bootcamp with him and my son wrote me and said that his friend quit. Does that mean that he is now doing his sentence time? I remember you saying something about a yellow uniform. and when I look up his picture he is now wearing a yellow uniform.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2007, 08:25:08 PM »
randerson1123,

That really is good news.  My son said that the days go by pretty fast, especially weekdays when they are working.  They have a pretty full day, so by 9pm or so, he is ready to go to sleep. Wow, 5 have already quit! The first two weeks are the toughest, so I'm glad he made it through, another step closer to home.

loretjord7,
If your sons friend took a quit day, he just makes it up at the end of the 120 days, but if he quit the program, that means he goes to a regular prison to finish his sentence.  The yellow jumpsuit is the quitters uniform, although when they first go in and have their picture taken, most are wearing a yellow jumpsuit. 

Bootcamprince, let me know if I got that right.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2007, 10:05:57 PM »
gettingby

When I first looked him up he had on a white uniform. Just like my son. This was right after they got to bootcamp. Under my son's name it says Dixon spring boot camp. But under his name it says just Vienna. I wrote my son to ask what this meant, I hope he did not take the sentence of four years. My son just asked me to pray for him so I have been praying for him as well as all of the bootcampers. This other young man grow up with my son, this other young man calls me te te even though we are no kin. He went into SV a week after my son and I just fell for him. He basically raised himself and I do not know how supportive his family is. Sorry for just going on and on and on.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
loretjord7,  Don't be sorry, as moms, I think its just human nature to takes these things to heart.  His friend was moved to BC and now back to Vienna?  He may have decided to to take his full sentence. Bootcamp can be tough and sometimes, depending on the length of their sentence, some guys decide they would rather take their chances and be paroled early for good time.  With the wait time being as long as it is, some guys think that all the work they have to do in bootcamp isn't worth shaving a few months off their sentence, especially if their family isn't very supportive.  I know how bad we feel bad about it, but all we can do is pray for them.   ?>?>?>

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2007, 11:29:32 PM »
gettingby,

That is all we can do and that is pray and leave it in His hands. It says just Vienna under his name now no bootcamp or any thing like that. I wish he knew to just call on Him and believe he would answer.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2007, 11:42:58 PM »
I know what you mean, and the sad part is that they don't realize that even though they don't believe that He will answer, God still believes in him and won't stop.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »
What address are we supposed to use to send them money through quick collect while they are in boot camp?  Also when can we start to send them money?  Do we have to wait a certain amount of time before we can send them money?
Peace and Blessings

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
how long after a bootcamper is paroled will it take for their picture to be taken off the idoc website?
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
I think the picture is removed as soon as they are off parole