• November 14, 2018, 04:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180159 times)

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
Hello everyone,
Thank you for that information bootcamp prince and gettingby. No my son has not been moved yet. They said that it may be this weekend before he is moved.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline JForce

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
Hello to all,

Nothing really new here, just waiting like everyone else. I do get to talk to my son nearly everyday now since they turned the phones on in his wing of the dorm. YAY! I thought I might share some of the little things that he has told me that they do in the dorm to make it a little more bearable;

At night when it's lights out time they all begin to sing a song. The other night it was Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't you see". He told me that it's really uplifting when 50 guys all sing while lying in their bunks. It takes their minds off of how much they miss home.

There are chess and poker tournaments quite often and the stakes get pretty high. Last night it was chocolate chip cookies.

There are several opportunities to participate in bible study. Of course there is nothing formally offered by the prison, the boys just find a way on their own.

These things are a testament to the power of the human spirit. Well I just thought I would check in. I hope everyone is doing well.

JForce

Offline gettingby

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »
Reading your post brought a smile to my face.  So glad to hear your son is doing well.  I'm sure that helps you sleep just a little bit easier at night.  You know, once we make it past the holidays, their homecoming will be right around the corner.  t1
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 04:20:56 PM »
hello everyone

i finally received the letter he said the other one was returned to him because he didnt have the apartment number on it. I talked to him today and he's getting frustrated and he's ready to leave. I talked to the bootcamp coordinater and he said he has to be there 90 days before he can be sent out.

bootcampprince: My fiance and his aunt heard that if you spend 3 months in stateville then you only have to do 3 months of boot camp is that true? How long does it normally take for a person to be approved for boot camp because the boot camp coordinater never said?  As far as all the mail he is getting now will he take that with him to boot camp or are they going to make him send it home or are they going to keep it until his graduation?

thanks for all the support from everyone on here. You guys are really making this process a little easier for me to understand and get through.

peace and blessings
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 06:14:49 PM »
randerson1123,

my son is currently at Duquoin IIP.  He spent just shy of 3 months S/V R&C before being transfered to Vienna, where he spent another 4 weeks (to the day) waiting for a bed to open.  He still has to do his 120 days at bootcamp.  All of his personal property (books, letters, and magazines we sent him) were placed in a personal property bag and followed him to Duquoin.  He does not have access to his things now, they are held in storage until his graduation.  The rumor of only doing 3 months in bootcamp if you spend 3 months is not true.  Take a deep breath, write him letters that inspire him to keep hanging on.  I know how frustrating this is to them, but keep reminding him to continue to stay respectful and peaceful, in the big scheme of life, this is but a moment.  Send him lots of letters, magazines and books to help him pass the time.
We are all here for you, this is such a difficult thing to go through, but you will make it!  Keep staying encouraged.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
Hello to all,

Nothing really new here, just waiting like everyone else. I do get to talk to my son nearly everyday now since they turned the phones on in his wing of the dorm. YAY! I thought I might share some of the little things that he has told me that they do in the dorm to make it a little more bearable;

At night when it's lights out time they all begin to sing a song. The other night it was Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't you see". He told me that it's really uplifting when 50 guys all sing while lying in their bunks. It takes their minds off of how much they miss home.

There are chess and poker tournaments quite often and the stakes get pretty high. Last night it was chocolate chip cookies.

There are several opportunities to participate in bible study. Of course there is nothing formally offered by the prison, the boys just find a way on their own.

These things are a testament to the power of the human spirit. Well I just thought I would check in. I hope everyone is doing well.

JForce
This sure is an up lifting post. Just what the doctor ordered.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
gettingby

thanks so much for that imformation you really helped me understand it alot better.  I write him a letter almost everyday to every other day.  I sent him a few books but he wants more so I will find something i think interest him and send it to him.  I told him we all have to be patient and just stick together and keep praying. He has my support as well as some of his family and friends.  I know he's been keeping a low profile since he's been there because he wants no reason for them to take boot camp away from him or to extend it so he's fine.  Hopefully I talk to him again real soon.  Tell your son good luck and I'll keep him in my prayers.

Thanks for all the support from everyone of my fellow bootcamp supporters.
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 05:43:26 PM »
randerson1123,

just keep encouraging your son to be patient and continue to keep a low profile.  With all the prayers and support these boys are receiving from everyone, they will successfully complete bootcamp.  I know I have mentioned this in previous posts, but my son loves it when I send him success stories about others who have been incarcerated.  One of his goals is to write his own story a few years down the road.  When ever I send him a story, he writes back, that was good Mom, but mine will be better.  You can find a lot by typing success after prison on your search engine

Offline duncan4ever

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 10:32:13 PM »
Hello everyone!!
My boyfriend has been locked up since febuary 9 of 2007 where they transferred him from will county to statesville then to vandalia and now he is in graham. He just got a letter from his conselor saying that there was space open and he wold be leaving soon and since monday was veterens day they never moved him. When will he be leaving? and how long is it until they will send him after getting that letter? If anyone knows anything please let me know! Also since i am just his girlfriend will he be abe to parole to my house in indiana? please let me know!!    turksm

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 12:24:22 AM »
I believe that as long as your house is in compliants he can be paroled there. Is he in bootcamp? When you say that he can be moved, moved where? I am just a little confused. Is he coming from bootcamp or is he going to bootcamp? :~) ^%$#

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2007, 02:51:09 PM »
Hey my fellow boot camp supporters

I recently found out from my fiance that stateville is currently on lockdown.  Now he has been there over 90 days so is it possible that he can still leave for boot camp or does he have to wait for the lockdown to be over?  Im praying that he is leaving real soon so that he can hurry up and get this over with.  After the 90 days how long does it normally take for them to be able to leave?  I sent him some priority mail saturday and he was supposed to get it today but if they are on lockdown is it still possible for him to receive it or will they hold on to it?

Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »
randerson1123,

Is the general population on lockdown, or the dorm where the bootcampers are staying.  if it's the general population and not the R&C, they will still move them to Vienna.  If it's been 90 days, it shouldn't be long now before he is moved.    orna ccc

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »
im not sure what part is actually on lockdown but im hoping that they move him as soon as possible so he can get this over with.  As far as who is actually on lock down im not sure but i do know that it is a level one lockdown.
Peace and Blessings

Offline JForce

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
The general population is on lockdown, not the BC dorms.  They are hoping for a shipment to pre-bootcamp on Wednesday.
 frostie JForce

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »
Ok ok well i hope that they do have the shipment wednsday and i pray that he is in that shipment.  Does anyone know what was the last number they shipped?
Peace and Blessings

Offline JForce

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2007, 01:40:44 PM »
The last number that went to pre bootcamp was the beginning of 64XXX.  It looks like they sent around 20 or so to boot camp today so that leaves around 20 in pre boot camp.  I hope your inmates number is called next!

frostie JForce

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 07:15:50 AM »
Randerson1123,
My son was there long past 90 days , from July to November, He is now in bootcamp and I expect him to be home in March around the 20th. I say that , because I am not sure when he left pre-bootcamp. VINE did not inform me of that move. Keep your head up. It will not be long now.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
Hello everyone

I have great news.  My fiance was transferred to pre bootcamp last night!!! brv  I received the call and email from VINE this morning saying that he is in Vienna and I checked the IDOC website and it shows that he is there.

How long does it normally take for him to leave Vienna?

Thanks everyone and all of our loved ones will be home soon!!!! snowmangel ny1
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
randerson1123, that is just awesome.   snowmangel

The time he spends in Vienna is determined by the number of beds that open in bootcamp.  Sometimes it seems 10-15 will leave every week for a few weeks in a row, then no movement for a couple of weeks.  The great news is that those guys at prebootcamp are pretty good at gaging about when they will go.  Once your fiance's call list is approved, he will be able to call you as often as there is a free phone.  Be careful, though, tomorrow stars a new month is he is calling you on a cell phone that has a deposit, it will get used up very quickly.  So call consolidated to increase you deposit. On land lines, they can call as often as they want.  And for some reason, you always seem to run over your deposit on a Saturday, which leaves every one frustrated until Monday. 
When my son was in prebootcamp, I only mailed him one letter in the beginning, and since we talked on the phone every day, I didn't send any more.  I did, however, send him lots of magazines and the newspaper to read.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »
do the guards read the inmates mail in prebootcamp or is it only when they get to the real boot camp?  This time in prebootcamp doesnt count as the 120 days does it?
Peace and Blessings