• November 14, 2018, 04:42:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180158 times)

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
randerson1123: They will tell him he MUST report directly home and call to check in.  Reallistically they don't know how he got home or how long it should take.  He could grab something to eat and they really wouldn't know.  As long as he calls in within a reasonable amount of time he should be fine.  For example, those waiting for a bus usually have to wait a few hours for the bus to arrive and it makes frequent stops. 
After he calls in usually within 48 hours both his Parole Officer and another House Arrest technician (they will come separately) will come by.  The House Arrest Tech will put the ankle bracelet on and hook it up to your phone line.  Your Parole Officer will come by and speak to you for a few minutes and possibly give you some movement to look for a job/go shopping/goto school.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
Hello fellow bootcamper supporters.  I was out of town the last four days, boy I missed you guys.  Everything reminded me of my son, even the morning star Venus.  Let me tell you why.  On Thursday, the day before my trip, I received two letters from my son, YEAH!!!!.  He said every morning when he is out doing his exercises, he notices Venus to the east, and said it reminds him of me because I started his curiosity of astronomy.  So, of course, every morning when I look to the east, I think of him.
My son also said state of mind plays a huge part in bootcamp success, that is why letters of encouragement are so important.  He said he knows everyone is counting on him coming home.
The exercises, tough at the beginning, but again, state of mind, he now looks forward to them.  He said it is a great feeling of accomplishment each day when they get a little easier.
He has his job, and said he does the better than is expected of him and then 50% more. He said takes pride in what he does, no matter where he is at.  They go to Sunday service which he enjoys.  He said time is going by quickly.  He started his substance abuse program (which everyone has to go through) but didn't really comment on that. 
He also asked that we send shoes to him (must be white bottom) because the shoes they have there are pretty worn. 
Also, the guys have got to be compliant and respectful.  They will NOT tolerate any back talk. Period. None of that I don't feel like it.  Just keep reminding them of the prize at the end.  They get to come home!!

BigSis,

Congratulations on your brothers engagement, and getting to Duquoin!  Have you started your count down yet?

Randerson1123 and Jforce,

Continue to send you sons those letters, it means so much to them.  My son told me that whenever he thought he was about to lose it, he would read a few letters from us and realize he had to pull it together.  I know I have said this before, but really, the time will pass and they will get there.  We are all praying for our boys!!
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:34 PM »
Gettingby,

Thank you! We are so excited! I have started my count down to the day he calls, to the days we can visit, and then to the day he comes home!! Wow how exhausting. Now I just pray for his strength in mind and body and patience to endure it all.
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 01:18:15 AM »
thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts.

bootcampprince:He already has his high school diploma and he has never done drugs and his charge is not for selling them. What will he do instead? I know that the substance abuse class has to be taken by everyone but with the regular classes will they make him a tutor or will he have a alternate option?

gettingby: congratulations on your letters. Make sure your son always knows to stay positive. My fiance will be fine. I send him a letter every other day. Im just waiting for this all to pass by.

big sis: im so happy that you are able to start your countdown. Make sure that you keep him motivated.
Peace and Blessings

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 01:24:51 AM »
If he scores high enough on the PreTest exam they may ask him to become a tutor. And believe me he wants to take every opportunity he can to be in class and not in the BootCamp. If he doesn't get chosen to become a tutor he is back at the BootCamp where he can iron his clothes, fold his laundry. write a letter, read a letter, read his Holy book, clean up his area. But this is also the time where people get in trouble the most for talking or not listening so the whole dorm gets put on punishment and they have to stand still for the whole hour without moving a tiny bit.  I mean hands to the side, head and eyes straight foward.  It's a bunch of political BS but you get use to it after a while and you tune it out when the whole dorm gets in trouble.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »
ok so since the last anyone heard they were on numbers l iike 620 something how much longer will  he have to wait until they get to his number?
Peace and Blessings

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »
Randerson1123,

The last number I heard directly from my brother when he was in Vienna was R629's. Those were the guys that got there from Stateville on the 28th of Sept I think it was. The last number was actually r62989 the reason I was tracking was cuz my brother's old cellmate was being transfered. I stopped doing that since he left so I am not sure if ther's been another shipment, but Loretjord7 & JForce's sons are waiting in S/V so they might be able to help here.

%^$#,.
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline JForce

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »
randerson1123- The last number I show going to pre-boot camp was R63061.  It has been taking anywhere from 10-14 weeks to go to boot camp.  My son said they think there will be another shipment to pre-boot camp this week. 

BiGSis- I'm still praying for your brother.  I am sure you will have him back soon!

Loretjord7- I could sure use that shoulder at times too!

Gettingby- A great big thank you to you for getting me by!

:)<>89&*

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »
Hello my bootcamp family,
My son is R633XX and he has been in since July, I have called Springfield and they say that they are like ninety days behind because of several reason. There are 23 in front of him and 3 after him, before you get to R634. I am also told by Paul that he does two shipments a week, as needed, and that my son should be soon. I check who is in reception when I check the numbers, along with how long they have been in there, ( their custody date) and what the charges are and their time.

BigSis congratulation on your brother's engagement,

Gettingby keep us informed and tell your son he has been a great inspiration to us all.

JForce It won't be long for use I can feel it in my soul, and my shoulder is there for you and any one else.

Randerson1123, Keep checking the numbers believe me it helps. >:) We are here when you need us.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline JForce

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 05:34:47 PM »
Loretjord7-

It sounds like your son will probably go to Vienna in the next shipment then.  How exciting!  My son is in the 64XXX so we have a little ways to go.  It will be 6 weeks tomorrow.  I wish IDOC would do something about this backlog.  I don't think it is helping anyone to have all these boys with nothing to do for weeks on end.  My son told me that they seem to ship out to Vienna on Monday and Thursday nights.  I'm so thankful that those of you ahead of me in the system are there for me.  Keep your spirits up!

JForce
 !@#$%^&*(%

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
 *(^%<>#
I felt the same way when my brother was in S/V. It stinks so bad to have them sitting in there with bad food and horrible treatment. There sentence is only 120 days and their doing double. They do ship out on those days. It seems like things haven't changed in that sense.

Loretjord7 - Keep your head up your son is steps away from the next part of this journey. >:)

Offline gettingby

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »
Randerson1123, loretjord7, JForce,

BigSis is right, it totally stinks that they have to wait so long to get to bootcamp.  The whole idea of bootcamp is to rehabilitate first time offenders who committed non-violent crimes and are not flight risks  so that the can come back to be a contributing member in society.  I like the idea, "scare 'em straight", however, warehousing them for 4 months or longer (even 1 month would be too long) kind of defeats the purpose.  Just my thought.  But, my dear friends, here we are, and guess what?  They are much stronger than we give them credit.  Moms, dads, take pride in knowing you raised a good man, who made a bad choice mind you, but none the less, one that is accepting responsibility for what they done and can handle their time while waiting for a bed t o open in bootcamp. Of course, we continue to provide encouragement to our guys with our letters.  Keep reminding them and yourselves, that in the grand scheme of life, this is a relatively short period, early enough in their life where they to take charge when they get out.  Will this just be a bump in the road for them or will this be the road?  They get to decide this. This is a very tough lesson for our boys, but God willing, they will succeed not in spite of this, but maybe even because of this.

Wow, sorry, I just went off on a tangent there!

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »
JForce, Gettingby, BigSis,

I am hoping that my son as well as my wait is almost over and I solely believe and agree that the wait is too long. Gettingby you have a beautiful way with words very inspiring , just like your son or rather your son is just like you. I am also told that they are doing some construction at or on one of the boot camp sites and if they finish soon maybe the wait won't  be as long. This is just my opinion.  Please know that we are there for you JForce. You say that your son has been there for 6 week, I would think of it as almost two months :). His wait is have over. ?> &*&
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »
Randerson1123, loretjord7, JForce,

BigSis is right, it totally stinks that they have to wait so long to get to bootcamp.  The whole idea of bootcamp is to rehabilitate first time offenders who committed non-violent crimes and are not flight risks  so that the can come back to be a contributing member in society.  I like the idea, "scare 'em straight", however, warehousing them for 4 months or longer (even 1 month would be too long) kind of defeats the purpose.  Just my thought.  But, my dear friends, here we are, and guess what?  They are much stronger than we give them credit.  Moms, dads, take pride in knowing you raised a good man, who made a bad choice mind you, but none the less, one that is accepting responsibility for what they done and can handle their time while waiting for a bed t o open in bootcamp. Of course, we continue to provide encouragement to our guys with our letters.  Keep reminding them and yourselves, that in the grand scheme of life, this is a relatively short period, early enough in their life where they to take charge when they get out.  Will this just be a bump in the road for them or will this be the road?  They get to decide this. This is a very tough lesson for our boys, but God willing, they will succeed not in spite of this, but maybe even because of this.

Wow, sorry, I just went off on a tangent there!

Gettingby,

Don't be sorry at all. Wow! You hit the spot your words were awesome. I have to read some of this to my parents cuz I know they beat themselves up a lot over this. Last week my mom had this crying phase and this week it's just a mean phase. I still understand her and listening to you guys makes me appreciate her feelings. I almost wish that these officers could read our pleas for help & support and feel something, but I doubt they will ever care. Thanks everyone for listening! >:)

?>?>?> ././/

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 02:10:05 PM »
hey fellow bootcampers

i have good news i finally talked to my fiance last saturday after over a month of not talking to him. >:)  I also talked to the bootcamp coordinater and he informed me that the wait is normally 90 days before they are sent to bootcamp so he basically should be leaving in the next few weeks. }}} It felt really good to talk to him.

bootcampprince: My fiance told me that he sent me two letters pretty much a month ago and i still havent received them. How long does it normally take them to send the inmates mail out at stateville? Should i even expect to get them anytime soon?

I will talk to all soon and i hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in there for our own personal soldiers.
Peace and Blessings

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »
Sending mail out is usually not a problem.  It should only take 2-4 days at the MOST for you to receive this letters.  Letters coming in is where the long waits occur.  One month doesnt sound right.  Because they just collect them all and send them to the post office the next day.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »
well im not sure why i havent received them then. I guess they should be coming any day now. Also when I talked to the bootcamp coordinater he said that he wasnt approved yet but it normally takes 90 days for them to leave what does that mean? He should still be able to go right?
Peace and Blessings

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »
Hello every one ,
randerson1123 If you have not received your letters soon it may be possible that the language was not excepted, because i am not sure if they read your letters going out as well as going in. Maybe the Boot CampPrince can answer that one for me as well

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »
I believe she mentioned she sent them from Stateville. They usually don't read the letters coming out of Stateville and they aren't as strict as BootCamp.

If it was BootCamp and it had bad language he would know right away and would of been disciplined.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »
randerson1123,

In the first letter my son sent to me from bootcamp, he had enclosed a letter he had sent me from S/V  that he had written on 8/17.  He said that he is not sure when/why it was returned but it was finally returned to him in bootcamp.  When I read it, there was nothing in it that would have caused a delay.  He also sent my mother and brother letters during that same time period that they never received.  So, as frustrating as it is not to get their mail because it does mean the world to us, it's just the way it is sometimes, sometimes they just get "lost" as was in my son's case.  What I mean to say is, don't think your fiance did anything to cause this.  I'm so glad you got to talk to your fiance, I know how comforting that is.  Keep encouraging to stay strong through this. 

loretjord,
Any word on your son's movement yet?  It can't be long now.

JForce,
Have you heard from your son lately? How is he, and you, holding up.

BigSis,
Did you get another letter yet? My son did receive his shoes.  We sent them in a shoebox instead of a huge envelope and he got them with in a week. 

BootCampPrince,
Thanks so much for all your support on this site.

All other bootcampers,
Keep hanging in there, although it seems like forever, the time does pass.