• November 14, 2018, 04:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180149 times)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
:wc7:
What a beautiful picture it is to see my son in white with his head shaved!  He actually looks much healthier and better then the last pic form when he got to logan after 120 days in Stateville.  He looked sickly, he was pale and had dark circles under his eyes and a dull look on his face.  Now he has that spark back in his eyes and a look of determination on his face.  Can't wait till he is back home!!!!

Very Happy for the Both of you    :wc6:    The next Picture will be right before he graduates from Camp.

Offline thelonelyloner

« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
My LO has been at Dixon Springs for two weeks now, and Im so very excited that we are actually in the final phase of this journey. I'm still waiting on a letter or call from him but from what I read that will probably take awhile. I guess I just have to pray that he is doing well and assume that he is until I hear otherwise.

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
 :vamp:

I received my first letter yesterday with all the info from Dixon Springs!  I was so excited and when I read what my son told me I wanted to cry, he makes me so proud!  He told me YEAH!  I made it!  He told me not to worry he can do this and to make sure to take care of myself and he loves me more everyday!  What a kid!!  I Love him MORE!!!!!  LOL!  As long as he can have that attitude he can do anything!  I can't wait to go and visit him after his 60 days and give him a huge hug again!!! :wc30:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
 :wc6:    congratulations  .... Glad to hear that you finally got a letter. Keep up with the letters letting him know what a great job he is doing.Letters and Visits are the most important key to getting them through the program.  So happy for you vampyervic    :wc30:

:wc71-1:

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2012, 08:37:09 AM »
Hi all!  Is it usually only a few weeks into boot camp that the PO comes out to do a host site visit?  Just wondering when I should be expecting a call.  I'm hoping all goes well with it.  My LO should be out of the ghost phase and into his dress blues today!  YEAH!
Thanks!!

Offline ConcernedMom

• Ticker
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »
I wasn't contacted by the PO until after my son's 60th day at BC.  But from what I've read, it differs, some are contacted sooner.

Congrats on your LO making it through the ghost period!

Offline courtcakes3

« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »
Hey everyone!!! Well my lo's first visit is this weekend yea any suggests on any hotels down there???

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
 :wc1:
YEAH!!!! Just got off the phone with my LO!  My first phone call since he has been in BC.  He sounds great!  I could hear him smiling thru the phone!!!  He is happy and doing very well!  Yeah!  I'm so excited!!!!!  I can't wait to have him home!!!!!
 :wc31:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »
So Happy for you vampyervic.......    :wc6:

Just wait until the Graduation! If ever a Parent is proud it is that day!!

Again very Happy for You and your family.

Blessings   :wc71-1:

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
Thank you Angela!  You guys are the best!  Yes, I will be very proud of my son then, I am all ready proud of him now!

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
 :lites:
Hi all!
Well we finally got that phone call "I will be at your house in 10 minutes" from the parole officer!  :wc125:  YEAH!!  Host site approved!!!!  One of the last steps in this whole process!  What a sigh of relief!  Can't wait for him to be back home!  I can't wait to tell him when he calls  tomorrow night!  He is doing very well and has a job too!  Now I have something to be thankfull for this week!
Love the site decorations!! I hope you all had a great Turkey Day!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #331 on: November 24, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »
:lites:
Hi all!
Well we finally got that phone call "I will be at your house in 10 minutes" from the parole officer!  :wc125:  YEAH!!  Host site approved!!!!  One of the last steps in this whole process!  What a sigh of relief!  Can't wait for him to be back home!  I can't wait to tell him when he calls  tomorrow night!  He is doing very well and has a job too!  Now I have something to be thankfull for this week!
Love the site decorations!! I hope you all had a great Turkey Day!

:wc6:        Glad to hear your Happy News!        :wc6: 

Offline workingmom

« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »
Hello, all!  I don't usually post on here but I'd like to share my experience with Dixon so far.  I received the initial letter from my husband stating that he was in bootcamp and it provided the list of all of the things you cannot send.  I'm confused about pictures.  He told me he can only have 3 but the letter says that you can sent at most 3 in every envelope.  I think that they may make him throw out some when he receives new ones.  Anyway....he has been in Dixon Springs since November 6th.  Today I looked at his pic on the IDOC inmate search and he is wearing white and has the WORST hair cut ever.  They shaved his head but it's all uneven.  I keep sending letters and I'm waiting for December 8th.  I think that's the first Saturday that he could call.  Is anyone else dealing with a custody battle?  I have his daughter and her mother (recently exited from IDOC) is trying to take her.  It's an ugly legal battle we're going through.  Wish me luck.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
workingmom, Sorry that you are having legal issues with your LO's X!

We do have a board on here where you can ask an Attorney if you ever need advice.

The Boot Camps are very strict about following the rules, however I thought that they were allowed to have 5 Pictures Total?  And Yes, They will make them throw away any Pictures that puts them over their Limit or they are  given the option to mail them back home.

You are a Good Person taking on the responsibility of someone Else's child, not just anyone could do that!!   :wc30:

God Bless and Your in my Thoughts and Prayer   :wc71-1:

Offline courtcakes3

« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
 :wc7:  Yay!!! Only 7 more days till I go pick up my lo!! I'm so thankful for this page it's helped me get thur a ruff time with all this!!! Thank you everyone!!! And I hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »
Congrats Courtcakes3!  What a wonderful way to start the new year!
 :wc6:

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »
 :wc30:
Hello everyone!  Just to let you know my Baby boy has been home for a week now and all is great!  He is on EHM and does have some movement.  He has used it to go jogging and keep in shape and to start looking for a job. 
I want to thank all of you for being there when I needed someone! You have been my light in the darkness for over a year and I hope that others find this site and put it to use.  It saved me a lot of heartache!
Thanks and all my hopes and dreams to everyone on this site!
Vickie
 :wc38:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
Congratulations to You and Your LO. Glad that IPT was able to help you out during your Journey.

Happy to hear that he is making the adjustment and settling in back at home. I'm sure that he has brought a lot of wisdom back home with him!!!!  Hopefully he will be able to apply that to his new beginning at Life.

You are in our Thoughts and Prayers!!! Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going (and or if you ever need anything).

Blessings 
Angela   :wc71-1:

Offline Scott89

« Reply #338 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
Good morning! My l/o was recently wrote up for review pending termination! He has about 39 days to go and he was working in the kitchen! He was fired and wrote up about 5-6 day ago! We are desperately trying to figure out how long it would take for us to know if he was actually terminated from the program. We are registered on vine link and get notifications of he is moved! We haven't received any notification calls about a transfer! If you have any knowledge please help! We are worried and very nervous! He is almost done! Please help me to understand the process? And If you have any info on how long it takes!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #339 on: November 16, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »
Good morning! My l/o was recently wrote up for review pending termination! He has about 39 days to go and he was working in the kitchen! He was fired and wrote up about 5-6 day ago! We are desperately trying to figure out how long it would take for us to know if he was actually terminated from the program. We are registered on vine link and get notifications of he is moved! We haven't received any notification calls about a transfer! If you have any knowledge please help! We are worried and very nervous! He is almost done! Please help me to understand the process? And If you have any info on how long it takes!

I just answered your message in regards to this, hope all works out for him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”