• November 14, 2018, 04:15:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180147 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
Okay so i'm writing him a letter now. But would he be able to receive or will they keep it? I know he will not be able to write back until the 30 days up.

He can receive mail, but he won't be able to write back for a couple weeks yet.  I read from another member this AM, that they cannot write for the first two weeks.

Please take time and read the topics on this BC board, you will be surprised all the information you will get.  All the questions you have asked have already been answered over and over again.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »
Yeah I got a letter from my boyfriend today. He said he misses me and love me and he's coming home Jan 5th...I'm so excited...Thank you for everything. I will keep u updated on his progress.

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »
Well my boyfriend said he couldn't do it. He said they was tough on him. They abused him and he didn't like the way he was treated. I told him duh it's boot camp but now he's in vienna to serve the rest of his time. He only has to do 6 months and he will be home. thank you for all the info.

Offline acacia91

« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »
i've read more than once of inmates being abused and physically touched pushed whatever it may be, this does NOT seem right to me. COs cant hit them in a regla prison right? unless they are not behaving right im sure, but is this right, them being able to put their hands on the inmates? Using violence does not help in the rehabilitation process, or getting these inmates back out to society. I just dont get it.

Offline Niesee20

« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
After 30 days, what time should I be excepting the call?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
It really depends on which set of groups they are in. I do believe that calls can start at 2:00pm and end around 6:00PM.

Offline Niesee20

« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »
Will that be on Saturday or Sunday right?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #287 on: March 19, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »
Will that be on Saturday or Sunday right?

I usually got my calls on Saturday's in the afternoon. Hope that you get a call soon, hang in there it will come.

Offline Niesee20

« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2012, 12:52:18 AM »
Got my second call today, I was really happy to talk to him for five minutes until the phone call drop. I am still upset now, I guess it is true that they dont allow them to call back:(  :wc17: better luck next week.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2012, 02:45:24 AM »
Congratulations on your Call, sorry it ended so fast. They do learn that even a phone call is a privilege. It is a tough Program, but well worth it when you see the out come. IDOC doesn't care what they put the families through.Best of Luck on your next call hopefully you will be able to talk longer.

Offline Niesee20

« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Thanks Angela, I hope so too

Offline katherineb

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »
Hello all!  My BF's picture changed today!  He was dressed in a white jumpsuit and the description under his picture stated that he was in custody at Dixon Springs Boot Camp!  Time to mark off day 1 on the calendar!

:wc64:

"He who has a 'why' to live for can bear almost any 'how'"     - Nietzsche

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
   "Congratulations"  katherineb    :wc6:   News for You and your Family.The count down begins and the end results are very rewarding.  So the Ghost period starts then you will get that phone call in 30 days (music to your ears) and before you know it you will be going to visit. So Happy for you.....    :wc60:

Offline lrojas66

« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »
Congrats,my son comes home April 18th from boot camp.Cant wait 5 more days!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »

Congratulations    :wc7:   to you lrojas66, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy the graduation.

Offline Craigmom

« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »

I haven't been on here forever, but congratulations. My son comes home May 3. We go for another visit Sunday. Sure will be glad when this is all over.

Offline katherineb

« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
Congratulations Irojas66 and Craigmom!  Best of luck to you and both of your families! 

Craigmom - Did you ever file your interstate compact?  I have only been able to get bits and pieces of information on what is required.  I have sent our letters of support to his councilor but I have no idea what else needs to be done on my end.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

"He who has a 'why' to live for can bear almost any 'how'"     - Nietzsche

Offline lrojas66

« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Thanks so much,just got my last call from him tonight,hes so excited,i havint seen him the time he's been in boot camp had car problems but im going to pick him up.And he did it in a 120 days im so proud of him :)Does anyone know the correct adress to pick my son up,he told me its not the adress that i send him his letters and that somtimes the gps dont get you straight there im alittle confused?I have to leave tuesday night to get there wed morning can someone give me some info on what to do and what to expect.........please.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
 Dixon Springs Impact Incarceration Program }} Highway 146 East P.O. Box 103 Grantsburg, IL 62943 (618) 949-3311. Vienna Correctional Center is the parent facility to the Impact ...

Per the CO's ,if you put the Vienna Correctional Address in the GPS (as Dixon Springs won't go into a GPS) Keep going about 6 miles past Vienna and Dixon Springs is on the North side of the road. Good Luck and Congratulations.

Offline gambrill74

« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
Thanks so much,just got my last call from him tonight,hes so excited,i havint seen him the time he's been in boot camp had car problems but im going to pick him up.And he did it in a 120 days im so proud of him :)Does anyone know the correct adress to pick my son up,he told me its not the adress that i send him his letters and that somtimes the gps dont get you straight there im alittle confused?I have to leave tuesday night to get there wed morning can someone give me some info on what to do and what to expect.........please.

If you are traveling on I 24 heading south, take exit 16 off of I 24. When you exit, turn left at the stop sign (there will be a sign saying Dixon Springs IIP is 13 miles or so). You will go past Shawnee and Vienna Correctional Centers. (Vienna is behind Shawnee). You will stay on Route 146 East for atleast 15 minutes after exiting off the interstate. The first time I went, I almost turned around and went back the other way thinking I missed Dixon Springs Boot Camp! Start looking for Dixon Springs Boot Camp (on the left or north side of the road) when you see the State Park sign. There is a chocolate store on the right (south) side of the road just before you come up to the Boot Camp. You can see the Boot Camp on the satelite if you go to google maps. Find Shawnee and Vienna Correctional first and keep dragging the map east on Route 146. You can see the X house at the Shawnee prison. Look for the state park and keep dragging the map east...you will see the chocolate factory building on the south side of the road and Dixon Springs IIP on the north side. The satelite shows the parking lot, buildings and the exercise course. My son has one month left! Congrats to your son for making it through a difficult program!