• November 14, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180153 times)

Offline myworkid1987

Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
Thank you.  I got a letter from him saying 25-35 days and he went to statesville the end of april.  So if hes right he should be going the end of this month.  Just trying to get an idea of when so I can plan for a visit and ask off for work.

Even if he is moved the end of the month, he won't be moved right to BC, he will be moved to the parent prison of this BC and it could take a few days after that before he is moved to the actual camp.  He has to do 60 days before he can get his first visit and they don't always do them in order, he could miss a few days within that first 60 day period, that's why they say it's a 120-180 day program.  Don't ever count anything with IDOC 100% because it never works out that way.

Are they still in reception at the parent prison?  Would he be allowed visits when he gets to the parent prison?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2011, 06:02:44 AM »
You will not be able to visit him until he has done his first 60 days in BC.  The rules for BC are different than them being sent to a regular prison.  

I would wait awhile to make your plans, to see when he is actually moved to BC and if he's doing OK, not missing any days.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:56 AM »
Thank you.  I got a letter from him saying 25-35 days and he went to statesville the end of april.  So if hes right he should be going the end of this month.  Just trying to get an idea of when so I can plan for a visit and ask off for work.

My wait in Stateville was around 30 days (went in May 20th last year, left for BC June 28th). He's most likely right about that. He can't get a visit for the first 60 days (30 days is for phone calls) in the program. So, if he just went in at the end of last month you'd be looking at a late-July through middle of August time-frame for a visit. I'd say your best bet is to wait to hear from him once he's at the bootcamp and plan from there. He'll be able to get mail/send mail immediately when he gets there. They have you write a letter on the back of a sheet that explains the boot camp regulations and it gets mailed out the day after they arrive.

Offline 338AP

« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
At BC do they let them call on holidays for example tomorrow for mothers day
FOREVER .....FOREVER

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #264 on: May 08, 2011, 01:49:08 AM »
At BC do they let them call on holidays for example tomorrow for mothers day

If they didn't make their phone calls on Saturday, it's possible. They won't give an extra phone call though.

Offline 338AP

« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
Why do they get mail so late like 2 weeks late
FOREVER .....FOREVER

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Why do they get mail so late like 2 weeks late

When I was there, I would normally receive a letter around 1 week after it was sent. They read every letter before they give them to you. That's basically why it takes so long. There were a couple times when they got backed up and/or forgot to pick up the mail from Vienna and bring it to the boot camp and we got mail the was sent 2 weeks before, but it was rare.

Offline 338AP

« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »
How's the graduation? What happens that day?
FOREVER .....FOREVER

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
How's the graduation? What happens that day?

It's real quick. About 15 minutes. They have a little ceremony, he signs his papers, and you drive him home.

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »
I have a question..after someone is done with boot camp in Dixon Spring....Where can I put my boyfriend up from? From Dixon Spring or where they were transferred from? And when they can have a phone call will it be collect or just a normal number??? Basically do I need to put money  on my phone. Thanksss

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
I have a question..after someone is done with boot camp in Dixon Spring....Where can I put my boyfriend up from? From Dixon Spring or where they were transferred from? And when they can have a phone call will it be collect or just a normal number??? Basically do I need to put money  on my phone. Thanksss

You can pick him up right after the graduation from bootcamp at Dixon Springs.  You will have to put money on your phone, set up an account with Consolidated, all that information is here on IPT on the phone board, but he won't be calling for at least 30+ days after he gets into BC.

Welcome to IPT!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Okay thank you so much. I already had a prepay account with consolidated but when he was at stateville so can i just call them and ask if they can change it to vienna instead of stateville??? and okay I will. So he left for boot camp on Sept 6th...so I will have to wait 30 days for him to call right? And when should I be expecting a letter from him?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
Okay thank you so much. I already had a prepay account with consolidated but when he was at stateville so can i just call them and ask if they can change it to vienna instead of stateville??? and okay I will. So he left for boot camp on Sept 6th...so I will have to wait 30 days for him to call right? And when should I be expecting a letter from him?

You don't have to call anyone, if you have an account already, he'll just be able to call from BC once he is able.  Yes, it's 30 days until he can make one 10 min call and 60 days before he can have a visit, but the visits are from immediate family only, no GF's.
You could get a letter at anytime if he has writeouts to send you one!   Good Luck

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »
Okay thank you for the information. So i couldn't visit because I am his girlfriend....and thank you for the graduation stuff. So he started boot camp sept 7...so do u know around what date he should be graduating? Like in Jan or the end of Dec?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
Okay thank you for the information. So i couldn't visit because I am his girlfriend....and thank you for the graduation stuff. So he started boot camp sept 7...so do u know around what date he should be graduating? Like in Jan or the end of Dec?

You can count 120-180 days from the 7th and that will tell you approximately when he would graduate.  It all depends on him and how he gets through the program.  If he does everything right and doesn't miss a day or get into trouble, it could be 120, but they give them an extra 60 days for others things to happen.

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
Okay thank you. So if he does everything right he can be home around janaury 5th 2012 but if he does something wrong than they can add more time right???? Okay but I will just wait until he tells me his graduation date...thank you for all your help. :wc7:  :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »
Okay thank you. So if he does everything right he can be home around janaury 5th 2012 but if he does something wrong than they can add more time right???? Okay but I will just wait until he tells me his graduation date...thank you for all your help. :wc7:  :wc38:

Right, if he does everything right it may take 120+ days, but if he gets sick, or get's into trouble and they tack on days, they deduct for all that ..... get it? 

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »
Okay yeah I get it. So I dont need to call consolidated about my bf transferring to boot camp?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »
Okay yeah I get it. So I dont need to call consolidated about my bf transferring to boot camp?

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,6686.msg196729.html#msg196729

Offline Mz.Sweetness06

« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:11 AM »
Okay so i'm writing him a letter now. But would he be able to receive or will they keep it? I know he will not be able to write back until the 30 days up.