• November 13, 2018, 10:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180040 times)

Offline Wiifeystatusz09

Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »
Oh okay thanks..hopefully he'll also do it for 120 days.. i really miss him.. do you know when they would be able to call and send mail?

Offline gettingby

« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »
My son was in Duquoin, but I think that the rules are the same on calls.   The first weekend after they complete 30 days, they get to call.  After 60 days, they get a visit.  I know it seems as if his release date will never get here, but it really does seem to all of a sudden, get here.  Also, if it helps, they are so busy during the day, that the time goes by very quickly for them.  Hang in there, before you know it, you will be on your way to pick him up.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline Wiifeystatusz09

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »
Oh okay.. thanks alot gettinby!!!

:wc38:

Offline mztironjr

« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Hey I just found out that dixon springs boot camp had girls there. My boyfriend is there now and he got 110 days left and I want to know...and I know this might sound crazy but do the girls have any contact with the boys.???I'm really worried :wc23:

Offline RT

« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2009, 05:36:59 AM »
I do not think you have anything to worry about. I believe they are kept separate, but even if they weren't, they keep VERY close eye on that. I know there are those that are stupid enough to try something, but as a rule boot campers are trying to get out, not do the entire sentence.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline cgs51

« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Quit worrying!  No the guys have no contract with the girls and even if they did, believe me, they are tooooo exercised, belittled, and yelled at to care.
At PT they use separate tracks or the girls are BEHIND where the guys go.  They eat at separate tables in their own area and sleep in separate buildings. 
If you had any idea what he is going through with "in your face, on your back 24/7" COs constant running, push-ups, and other exercises you would know that HE is much more worried about YOU out "in the world" than you should ever be about him.  Give him the letters of encouragement that he needs and save the worry for his well being both physical and mental.
I know, my son just got out July 7th.

Offline mztironjr

« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »
Thanks you guys! I'ma stop worrying and I sent encouraging letters. I'm just waiting on a letter or phone call from him!!! I kno he gets one write out to let his family know he's at boot camp but do I have to wait a whole month till I hear from him again?. We never went this long w/o communication. When he was in stateville I  got letters almost every week. I send letters in 2pics cuz i kno he can only have 3. I just need 2 kno why can he write me its been 2 1/2 weeks since he been at Dixon Springs and I haven't heard anything. His IDOC info. still has his original sentence of 7 years 0 months 0 days. When do they update that. But it does say he in bootcamp so I guess it doesn't matter. Thanks for the responses. I was starting to think no one would reply!! :wc30:

Offline cgs51

« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »
Remember, the first TWO weeks he's there he is a Ghost--no time, no write outs, no relief--just PT, yelling, and being told you are worthless and should never have been born.  If he's been there 2 1/2 weeks he may have written but his letters have to go through Vienna and take about a seek to get to you at first.  If he has money on his books he can get prestamped letters that seen to get to you a lot faster.  Your letters to him take at least a week and sometimes longer. So, just keep writing even when you don't get a letter back right away.  I worte a little bit every day so when he finally started getting my letters he sot 2 or three a day for awhile--he was thrilled.
His sentence won't change til he's out of boot camp and on parole so don't let that worry you.  And, sorry I took so long to answer.  I've been job hunting and patching a roof from the storms.  The roof is in better shape than the job hunt LOL.
Good luck to you both.  Keep his spirits up all you can cause they sure beat them down while they are there. And remember, the COs read every letter so keep it clean--like his mama was reading it---or he won't even get it.

Offline mztironjr

« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
Thanks a lot I hope you succeed on your job search!!!! I know it gets hard cause its a recession but we have to keep our heads up! But Thanks alot for the help!!!!

Offline nikoglow

« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
i just got home from the bootcamp yesterday if u have any questions

Offline mztironjr

« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
WOW congratulations on graduating out of bootcamp it must have been really difficult!!! My boyfriend is at dixon springs now his name is [edited by admin] and he has 2 demerits on his card he said he will not be able to come home before thanksgiving initially. But he'll be home Dec.4th. If he get another demerit do they give him more days??? And like right now I'm away at college and I'm tryin to continue to be supportive even though its harder when our relationship is on such slow communication. I write but sometimes I dnt think he gets my letters even when theres no cursing in them. How long did it take for your letters to get to you?? And tell me what was your experiences at boot camp. were ya'll able to communicate wit dA gurls??? I kno it was strict but guys find a way. lol. I just wanted to congratulate you again and look forward to hearing from you soon!!! :wc22:

Offline cgs51

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »
 :wc6:  Congrats NIKOGLOW  :wc22:

You now know more about yourself than any time in your life.  Take what you learned and use it to your advantage.  I know my son said he learned he could do more and put up with more than he ever knew he could--he graduated July 7th.
I wish you the best of luck in everything you do.  And I hope you NEVER have to see the inside of a prison again!!!

Offline Bradsgirl

« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
hi! My honey has been at dixon springs for almost 2 weeks now! I just want to make myself sure on a few things! hopefully someone can correct me if im wrong. This is how to address a letter:    name number           vienna cc/ IIP           6695 state rt 146 east                       vienna,il 62995                                    hopefully thats correct because thats the way ive been addressing them. I just havent gotten a response yet so i wanted to make sure that i had the right address. Is it normal to not receive a letter yet besides the first one that was sent to inform he was in boot camp? Also i know they cant call for 30 days. do they only call on saturdays and sundays? Are there certain times they can call? Just need to make sure i dont miss a call because i would faint if i did lol. Thanks to anyone who can help me out! :)

Offline mztironjr

« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
yea it takes like a week for him to get your letters but yes you are addressing them correctly. When he calls he only can make ONE phone call a weekend it can be either on sat. or sun. not both. When he call it'll be around the same time everyweekend. Keep writing because the first two weeks are the hardest and he really looks forward to the letters! My boyfriend has been there two months now. This has been a tough time for the both of us so I just hope you're prepared for this journey. I hope I've answered your questions!

Offline Bradsgirl

« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2009, 12:43:11 AM »
thanks so much! this is definitely a hard time. But at least they are in boot camp now and the countdowns can begin :) so should he be able to start sending letters soon? He sent one letter when he first got there but so far thats it :(

Offline deanswife

« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »
OK VERY NEW TO THIS MY BOYFRIEND IS JUST ABOUT TO GET SENT TO STATESVILLE... BUT I CAN GET A BIGGER ENVELOPE LIKE AN ORANGE ONE AND SEND HIM LOOSELEAF PAPER AND ENVELOPES WITH STAMPS ON THEM AND HE CAN GET THEM??? AND CAN HIS FRIENDS AND I WRITE HIM OR JUST FAMILY?? ID APPRECIATE THE HELP..
I was just told not to call Springfield because they could get mad and punish the inmate and make him serve his sentence in prison???

Another rumor that inmates like to pass to each other. That is not true. In fact my family called Springfield and said they were very friendly and helpful.

Yes R&C does go on lockdown when Stateville goes on lockdown as well.  But that shouldn't stop him from sending out letters.  Only thing I can think of is he does not have anymore prestamped envelopes or does not have any money on his books, or maybe no paper/envelope to send the letter in.  This is VERY common in R&C.  Its hard to get a hold of pre-stamped envelopes and if you had money on your books from county it usually takes 30 - 60 days to get to the State so you have no way of sending home a letter. It is also hard to get a hold of a pen/pencil to write with. You are not allowed to have any pen/pencil in your cell but inmates usually find a way to get ahold of one.  Sometimes you have to trade items for it such as food items or other things for a pen/pencil. Its easier for a BootCamper to get ahold of a pen/pencil because they get out of there cells to pass out lunch trays and can usually spot one lying around somewhere. One thing you can do is send him embroided envelopes (the ones that are pre-paid) and maybe he can write back.  But being on lockdown should not affect the mail process.  When I was there it only took 2 days for my family to receive letters but it took 3 weeks for me to receive theres.

While at R&C he is not allowed to purchase ANYTHING off commissary.  The counselors there are clueless also. Always giving out wrong information. If I was you I would send him some loose leaf paper so he can write on and some prestamped envelopes (the ones with the embroiding ) you can purchase those at the post office.  Pre-stamped envelopes are also good for trading material :)  I even got a carton of juice once for one!

The officers are suppose to pass out pencils/paper once a week on Sundays.  In my 2 months there our officer passed them out a total of 0 times.  So it all depends on the officers. 

Also let him know he will not be able to bring ANYTHING with him once he goes to BootCamp. Whatever he takes with him they will store for him until he leaves. He will not be able to keep anything with him.

You are suppose to get one 5 minute shower a week and usually get them while on lockdown but not all the time.  I remember I missed my shower one week because there was a issue at another prison where a prisoner took a guard hostage so no one was allowed out there cell that day, for no reason at all, not even a shower.  You would think they would let us take a shower the next day but they didn't. Had to wait a whole another week without the shower.  But like I said that was only once because of the seriousness of lockdown. All the other lockdowns we were allowed to shower. There are 2 showers on each gallery. Each are individual showers and are locked when you go in. 

Also the person that told you the 2nd week of September is full of it.  The ONLY person that knows is the Boot Camp coordinator and he generates the list only a few days before the shipment date and he bases his decision on available bed space which changes daily.  If hes only been there since June 15 then thats not unusual at all.  He maybe leaving as early as Monday morning. Keep checking the IDOC website on Mondays!

And you are correct. No visiting at R&C and they are not allowed to get married while in R&C and/or BootCamp. His fiance will not be able to visit him. Only direct immediate family and they also need to bring 2 forms of identification.

But its ok. 4 months will fly by in no time. 

Offline Alexis

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
hey my fiance is in dixion spring boot camp he just got dar last monday so i wrote him a letter would i get one bak or would i have to send him money first????

Offline Kag721

« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »
Not sure if this is how u post something but my bf got to dixon springs last Monday and in his info letter it talked bout no cussing and I wrote him a ton of letters while he was at stateville that he never got and alot of them had cussing in them. Do they fwd the letters?  will he get into trouble even tho they r addressed      To stateville? Also his parol officer already showed up to his moms house cuz that's the only adress he knew to put down for house arrest. I planed on getting an apt before he got out for him to do his house arrest so can he change the address once I get it?? 

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Letters are usually forwarded although it takes some time for them to get there. I'm not sure about the content since bootcamp has very strict rules about that.  I don't know if they can change their parole site. Hopefully someone with better info will be along shortly. But  :wc12: to IPT!

Offline Kag721

« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2010, 07:41:01 AM »
Thanks!!