• November 14, 2018, 04:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180148 times)

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
  • God answers all prayers.......Right on time
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »
Jforce thanks for the info I still haven't heard anything as of yet
Love, Light, Peace and Blessings

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
Iluvant,
Has your love one been moved yet?

loretjord7
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »
 :wc32: no i called monday to see if they could give me any info and they only told me that they were several months behind and they have no idea when anyone would be moved. I was also told that they only move six inmates to bootcamp :wc17:
Thanks for asking

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »
When my son was waiting in RC to go to bootcamp, the ladies of the IPT informed me how to find out how many were in front of him. I started with my son's IDOC # R63XXX and went backwards to see how many were in front of him for possible bootcamp. Say your son's number is 123456 then you hit the back button and change the last number to 123455 and see if that person qualifies for bootcamp. If he is still in RC, look for the age, crime, sentence, what ever you think might help you distinguish who might be going to bootcamp. Let me know if it does or if you have any questions.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
 :stp2: :wc22: :wc6:

loretjord7  thanks for the info. No need to do that my brother left yesterday he is at dixon spring bootcamp. I am so happy this is the best news i have had in several months. Just four more months to go

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
Well congratulations are in order, your countdown has begun. We will be rooting and praying for him. Yahoooooo!
My son is in Dixion Springs. They have probably met by now or will be soon. My sons job there requires that he comes in contact with all new in comings.  :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc7:

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
Congratulations are indeed in order...and welcome to the 2008 Celebration List...you have been added Iluvant for August Homecoming.

mamacita

Offline JForce

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2008, 02:41:46 PM »
That's great news iluvant!  Yes, your countdown has begun.   :stp2:

Offline gettingby

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
iluvant,

so glad to hear your brother has been moved.  If he doesn't take any quit days, he will be home in time for the 4th of July celebration.  I know that sounds so far in the future, but actually, it's closer than you think.  the schools are already sending home summer programs for the kids!!  He is in our prayers.    :pangel:
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »
Thanks for all the warm wishes. I havent been on the site in awhile but so far so good. JForce you are right its closer than what we think and I cant wait until he gets here. I send him letters and cards of encouragement every other day.  He says it helps him get through his time and stay out of trouble

Offline gettingby

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
Yes, keep writing.  My son said that he really felt badly for the guys who didn't get any letters while they were in bootcamp. I think it really gives them the strength to keep going.  In a little over two weeks, you will start getting calls from him, then a month after that, he can have visits, and pretty soon it will be time to come home!   :wc30:

Offline JForce

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »
Hi All,

I just wanted to share some info about Dixon Springs:

2 weeks before graduation they ask if they will be picked up by car or go home by bus.
2 weeks before graduation they close their IDOC account.  They are still able to spend the $3.00 per week.
1 week before graduation they receive their parole papers.  My son's PO came to our home a week after he started boot camp and I signed the host agreement.  Different PO's do it different.
They go to Vienna on the Friday before graduation to update their photo.
If they reach 100 days and are still on their first set of demerits they will get an extra phone call.
Their phone calls are now during the morning on first shift on the weekends.  They used to be during the evening on second shift.
Visiting is still from 2 -4 on weekends and you are not allowed to be on the grounds before 1:30.  They will make you leave if you are early.  There is a church directly across the street that you can park at if you get there early.
Graduation is at 8AM.  You are not allowed on the grounds before 7:30.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »
Jforce

Where was this up date when I needed it.  :wc35:  :wc35:  :wc35:  :wc35: It will not be long now before your son will be home. Thank God. I can feel your excitement, or am I mistaken.  :wc35:  :wc35:

Offline JForce

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »
I gotta tell you Loret, I can't believe we never talked about it.  I  :wc15: when I think of it now, but it wasn't funny at the time.

I hope all is well with you, I am as nervous as a =^..^=

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »
ALL IS BEAUTIFUL. And we are still laughing  :wc35:  :wc35:

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Oh Ladies, I am so excited for you both, JForce for you son to soon be home, and back in the swing of life. Yahoooooooooo for you..

Loretjord7, Sounds like things are working out very well for you and your son, I am so happy to hear this.

:wc30:  SMD

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
SMD
My son is gaining his weight back, he is still humorious, I over heard him say he is not going back down the same road that got him in his situation, he is just still loving. We talk more now. Sometimes I want to stay home from work just to talk with him. Thank you  Lord.

How is your son doing and yourself. Will see you June 7th if it be the Lords will.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
loretjord7,
 get that guy out there doing some laps!!  lol.  I am so glad to hear your son is doing well.  I haven't been able to get on lately, what is the 7th?

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »
Gettingby

Some of the ladies are getting together to have lunch. I am going to look it up on the forum as to were it will  be and get back to you. Unless SMD gets to you before I get back to you. Maybe you can join use. It will be in Rockford the information is on the forum general discussion.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2008, 11:03:58 AM »
I would love to!!  Maybe we can share a ride